Level 3-2... (Cyberswine base)

zeociko

Anyone else really frustrated with this level? I was doing my Hard single-playthrough run for the trophy and this level just ruined it for me. I went into it with 8 lives and just gave up after I lost my first continue.

The enemies are just all over the place on top of frustrating platforming puzzles over and over again.

It's way too drawn out and long and then at the end they put that "base blowing up escape now!" scenario that requires perfection or you'll fail.

Strangely I went into free play and beat this on my first try, not like it matters now that I'd have to do it all again in one playthrough for the 2 Hard mode related trophies.

This level is a problem for 3 trophies:

- The speedrun trophy (beat the game on hard in under 60 minutes)...this level takes up way too much time

- The "not get hit" on this level trophy...how cruel...

- The beat the game on hard in one playthrough trophy...if you start messing up on this level (which is easy to lose patience on because of how drawn out it is) say goodbye to chances of finishing

I'll have to try the hard playthrough trophy again but I was just too frustrated to try again today. No idea how you are supposed to beat it all in under 60 minutes though...

Edited by zeociko

I have just completed this level in free play mode on hard, I only died twice but it seems that the "no damage" trophy will be hard as hell! Those damn pigs are just very powerful and the platform parts remind me some of the hardest levels of the first Rayman (which was not really an easy game!).

I will try to do it again on normal but I think this trophy will be one of the hardest to achieve.

No idea how you are supposed to beat it all in under 60 minutes though...

Me too!

I got this one on my second time under the par time. The one I had major trouble with was the first boss. It took forever to beat and ate up about 4 lives. I knew I had to hit his face with the barrels but it was difficult to line the shots up just right... I am pretty sure I can get a good time on the courses as long as I don't get stuck on that boss and those god awful sections where I have to jump back and forth across the second star wars garbage disposal. Overall this is a good sequel to the original games. It just way too short and the first half is rather boring to me.

• 3 months later...

You can actually skip a LOT of the enemies. For my no damage run, I finished this level in roughly 6 minutes. I recommend practicing this stage in Freeplay and aiming to get the no damage trophy on normal mode. There is a video on youtube that will help you out. They don't add too many more enemies for Hard mode. After I got the no damage trophy, I did the 60 minute hard run and was able to do it without too many problems.