No Wonder it's Free

lerodemmy

C'mon people, it ain't that bad. I actually like the quirkiness, soundtrack, and concept. If the online actually worked it'd be nearly perfect.

Game was so much fun IMO, but diff. strokes for diff. folks I guess.

Edited by FootballPsycho
Merging.

What does free have to do with anything?

Well, I've seen a lot of people act like PS Plus is some amazing deal when it really isn't. They offer "discounts" on vastly overpriced games, and they give games for free that either suck or that they know no one is buying/going to buy. I'm pretty sure Rock of Ages falls into one or both of those categories. For me, Plus is really only good for the discounts. However, given that the games are overpriced to begin with, it's still a rip off just like everything Sony or Microsoft sell.

All of that being said, I've softened my stance on this game a little bit. I now find it somewhat tolerable. I really can't stand waiting for the rock to be rebuilt, though.

Edited by lerodemmy

Well, I've seen a lot of people act like PS Plus is some amazing deal when it really isn't. They offer "discounts" on vastly overpriced games, and they give games for free that either suck or that they know no one is buying/going to buy. I'm pretty sure Rock of Ages falls into one or both of those categories. For me, Plus is really only good for the discounts. However, given that the games are overpriced to begin with, it's still a rip off just like everything Sony or Microsoft sell.

All of that being said, I've softened my stance on this game a little bit. I now find it somewhat tolerable. I really can't stand waiting for the rock to be rebuilt, though.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. If you sign up for PS+ expecting free top flight games then you don't know how a business works. You give discounts and specials to entice people to buy more. And with the rate of free/cheap games available on PSN, the Subscription pays for itself in 3months tops.

Rock of Ages is actually a well received game by critics and gamers alike. The reason why no one would probably buy it is Indie game don't get much hype unless someone promotes them (Which actually helps RoA since its free and receiving positive review so far.)

To your last comment, A grace period for the boulder is needed of people would just spam boulders and ignore defenses. Waiting for a boulder also encourages people to be cautious when rolling so to not lose their boulder to enemy defenses.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. If you sign up for PS+ expecting free top flight games then you don't know how a business works. You give discounts and specials to entice people to buy more. And with the rate of free/cheap games available on PSN, the Subscription pays for itself in 3months tops.

I do know how a business works. The idea is to make money, and no, I wouldn't expect free top flight games. But I do think most of the free games are a little too lackluster. I personally don't like Shift 2, but I guess that was a decent game to give for free.

The thing that really annoys me is when I read "The Drop" every week, and I see a bunch of people acting like Sony is doing them a favor with the Plus offers. Plus does have its good points for customers, but at the end of the day, the primary reason for its existence is to increase Sony's profits. I wouldn't expect anything less, but the reason I point that out is to convey that the deals aren't as good as people think.

Edited by lerodemmy

Stacking was free and that was a great game.

I thought it was ok, i beat the game and didnt really do much after that except attempt a online game which failed. i only got like 2 or 3 bronzes for it but i probably wouldnt pay over 5 dollars for it. I did like the scene with Leonardo when he says to the guy he is a video game character and a tool for our entertainment.

As for plus, Awesomenauts and Trine 2 were two great games and they were free as well. Im very satisfied with my plus subscription. We also got Far Cry 2 a few months ago as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I've seen a lot of people act like PS Plus is some amazing deal when it really isn't.

Things I've "bought" off my PS+ subscription and have enjoyed a lot:

1. Plants vs Zombies.

2. Costume Quest

3. Street Fighter 2 HD

4. Back to the Future Episode 1-5

5. LBP.

6. Frogger Returns

7. Sly Cooper

8. Far Cry 2

9. Hydrophobia

10. Dead Nation

11. Borderlands GOTY Edition [$15]. I been looking for a decent deal on this one for quite some time and couldn't find it in retail stores where I live. But haven't seen a better deal than this one.

12. Ratchet and Clank All 4 One.

PvZ, Costume Quest, Borderlands GOTY and R&C A4O alone make it worth $50 I've spent on it so far, rest are a big bonus.

• 1 month later...

LBP2, Darksiders, Motorstorm Apocolypse, Dead Space 2, Oddworld, Warhammer, NFS Shift 2 are all pretty good games imo.

As far as I'm concerned PS+ has already paid for the subscription. From now on everything is just a bonus.

Just to throw in my opinion of the game, I... think it's great. I started it up earlier and have more-or-less been playing it non-stop, just receiving my final trophy minutes ago (barring the online trophy of course). The story mode was easy, but humorous and pleasantly simple; collecting the keys didn't take too long and the time trials were easy enough that I could finish the majority of them without a guide, though a few of them took many, many tries. Now just waiting for that multiplayer patch to finish up 100%.

Just to throw in my opinion of the game, I... think it's great. I started it up earlier and have more-or-less been playing it non-stop, just receiving my final trophy minutes ago (barring the online trophy of course). The story mode was easy, but humorous and pleasantly simple; collecting the keys didn't take too long and the time trials were easy enough that I could finish the majority of them without a guide, though a few of them took many, many tries. Now just waiting for that multiplayer patch to finish up 100%.

I agree with most of this. When I first read about this game, I thought it was going to be silly. Then I started playing and found it to be a very fun game. I also enjoyed getting the trophies, although the time trials took ages and I had to look at a guide for the keys. I am looking forward to 100% this game once the multiplayer is working again.