The Rock Band Blitz Gold Star Power-up requirements thread.

BlazezRB

Getting Gold stars in RBB is very tough. It takes practice strategy and knowledge of the song.

I have found that certain Power-up combinations work very well in songs. I have already GS'd half the setlist using (bandmate/Blast/instrument+)

Knowledge of the song is REQUIRED for the GS, as you need to use instrument plus on the song with the most notes to maximize your score to reach GS.

If you have a combo of yours that you reached GS with, please post here, and I will begin to build a list of songs and what combos to use.

The list:

(TBA tonight)

*Disclaimer: despite the powerups, keeping in blitz mode and not missing many notes is recommended.

lets see, got 505k yesterday :)

1. Jackpot, this bomb thing (whatever its called in engl.) and super-bass is what you want here

2. learn the pattern, is there a checkpoint you cant get +3 at, dont waste getting every other instrument to +3, just play massive bass and get overdrive and/or use it

3. do not use OD during guitar/ keyboard solo

4. use of OD:

1) after u filled it there is a part when bass speeds up right behind a checkpoint, press square 5 notes b4 checkpoint

2) fill all/ most the other instruments (other than bass obv) and get OD at filled at least 3/4. then activate playing bass. OD has to end right b4 keys solo so u can 100% it and dont have to switch and lose ur 50k+ jackpot

3) after keys solo activate OD playing just bass. then fill all other instruments best possible

4) when verse starts its to late, a bit earlier to activate OD playing bass again, and dont let it run into the solo, if it did, u know u have to activate earlier. (try to get instruments up +1 or so b4 activation, should be good enough.)

5) dont try to level up after guitar solo, just hunt last few OD notes and activate a bit b4 last checkpoint and let it run out in the end

good luck

here's what i posted in another thread ... GS cut: 490-500k, i got 505k this way