Rock Band Blitz ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap

SylarTheNinja

9duxigl.png 

OVERVIEW:

-Estimated difficulty: 6.5/10

-Offline trophies: None

-Online trophies: 16 (3 (S) 15 (B))

-Estimated time to 100%: 15+ hours (depending on skill)

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

-Missable trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: None

-Do cheats disable trophies?: There are no cheats

-Does difficulty affect trophies: There are no difficulty settings

INTRODUCTION

Rock Band Blitz is the newest entry in the Rock Band series by Harmonix, and unlike any of the other entries. It is a single player game that focuses on hitting notes and using power-ups to rack up massive high scores. It can be quite confusing at first, but once you figure it out, it becomes quite fun. Most of the trophies are quite straightforward and easy, apart from the trophy for gold starring the songs, which is actually quite difficult and will require a lot of practice. Every trophy for the game is technically online, as the game requires you to be connected to the Rock Band servers to be able to make any progress.

WALKTHROUGH:

Step 1: Getting started

Start off by calibrating the game with your TV, and completing the two tutorials. This will help you to understand how to play the game as it is quite confusing when you start out. This step will net you the Calibrate Good Times and Self-Taught trophies.

Step 2: Earning Coins and 'Cred'

Next you will need to play through the songs in order to obtain Coins and Cred. Play through each song included with the game at least once to get That Dozen Count and Blitzed Out. As you gain Cred you will level up, which is required to unlock the power-ups. When you have earned enough Cred, you will unlock More Power to You. When you unlock the power-ups required for the trophies, focus on using them until you obtain the trophy related to the power-up. These trophies are Pinball Whiz, Pyromaniac, and Rocket Scientist. Whilst undertaking this step, you can also aim for Blitz and Giggles, Three For the Taking, and Perfect Finish.

Step 3: Gold Starring the Songs

Now for the hardest part of the game, which is five starring and gold starring the songs. Now that you have all of the power-ups unlocked, experiment with different combinations until you find the one that is right for you. You need to be able to get very high scores to obtain Gold Stars, so it will take a lot of practice. If you run low on Coins during this part, and have a Facebook account, you can install the Rock Band World app. This contains lots of challenges that when completed, give you lots of Coins to use in Rock Band Blitz. This step will net you the Stellar Performance, Good as Gold and Precious Medal trophies, Big Spender and Never Better.

Step 4: Clean Up

Now just collect the trophies that you may have missed, which should just be Shredder and This Means War.

Edited by Viper
Replaced missing banner.

A64.jpg Calibrate Good Times (B)

Calibrate your system for the optimal Rock Band Blitz experience.

When you load up the game for the first time, go into the Options menu and select "Calibration." Just follow the instructions, and once it is complete, you will unlock the trophy.

777.jpg Self-Taught (B)

Complete both Tutorials.

In the Options section on the Main Menu, there are two tutorials. Simply complete these to unlock the trophy. The first tutorial teaches you about hitting notes and switching tracks, and the second tutorial teaches you about using power-ups.

32E.jpg Three for the Taking (B)

Increase the Level Cap by 3X at 3 Checkpoints in a single song.

To increase the level cap, you need to level up each track before the checkpoint by playing the notes in them. You can tell a track is levelling up as its colour will change from black to fully coloured. The level cap will increase by 3x if you have leveled up each track fully by the time you hit the checkpoint. If you are struggling with this, choose a song that has less instruments as you will then have less tracks to focus on. Power-ups such as Road Rage, Blast Notes and Bandmate will also help you here as they can clear notes on tracks that you aren't playing on, allowing you to focus on another track.

C06.jpg Blitz and Giggles (B)

Stay in Blitz Mode for at least 30 seconds in a single song.

To enter Blitz Mode you need to play flawlessly (not missing any notes or over hitting.) You will know that you are in Blitz mode as the Blitz bar at the top of the screen will be full, and you will appear to be moving faster along the track. The 30 seconds doesn't need to be all in one go, so you can enter in and out of Blitz mode multiple times during the song. If you are struggling, try selecting one of the longer songs such as 'Shout', as this will give you more opportunities to enter Blitz Mode.

F06.jpg Perfect Finish (B)

Finish a song with all tracks at the Level Cap.

This requires you to have all the tracks fully levelled by the end of the song, which means levelling up each track after the last checkpoint. To do this, play notes on each track after the last checkpoint until the track is fully coloured. The power-ups will help you a lot with this. If you're struggling, choose a track that has less instruments as it will take less time to level them all up. You may need to experiment with different songs for this one, as some instruments on some songs do not have any notes after the last checkpoint.

DA8.jpg Never Better (B)

Replay a song and beat your previous high score.

Simply replay a song and beat your previous high score to get the trophy. When you start the game, you won't have any power-ups so will not get a very high score. Once you've unlocked some power-ups, go back to a previous song and use them. You should easily beat your previous score then.

Edited by Viper
Editorial Sweep

D91.jpg This Means War (B)

Challenge someone to a Score War.

When you load up the game, you will be on the 'Recommended' screen. On this screen will be different song suggestions, the first or second of which will be labelled 'Score War'. Select this and complete the song. This will send your score to another user for them to beat, and will earn you the trophy for challenging someone.

DF6.jpg Shredder (B)

Play 100% of the notes in a Guitar solo.

This trophy requires you to hit all the notes in a guitar solo. You can tell that a solo is about to start as after a checkpoint, there will only be guitar notes to play. So switch to the guitar track just before the checkpoint and make sure you hit all the notes. During the solo, a percentage will appear on screen which shows the number of solo notes you have hit so far. Most of the songs in the game include guitar solos, however I have found that the songs with the easiest solos to 100% are 'So Far Away' by Avenged Sevenfold, and 'Jessie's Girl' by Rick Springfield.

9BB.jpg Good as Gold (B)

Earn Gold stars on a song.

See Precious Medal.

E29.jpg Pyromaniac (B)

Play a chain of 10 Flame Notes.

For this trophy you need to have unlocked the 'Flame Notes' power-up. Once you have unlocked it, select it when choosing a song. During the song, a purple flaming note may appear on the track. Hitting this note will make two more flaming notes appear close by, sometimes on another track. Hitting one of these notes will make another two appear, and so on. You only need to hit one in each pair, but it needs to be 10 in a row, and missing one will break the chain. You will have several attempts at this in a song so don't worry if you fail near the start. If you have trouble getting this trophy, try a slower song such as 'We Are Young', as this will mean that both the normal notes and flame notes will be more spread out, making them easier to hit.

327.jpg Pinball Whiz (B)

Keep the Pinball in play for at least 20 seconds.

For this trophy you need to have unlocked the 'Pinball Notes' power-up. Once you have unlocked it, select it when choosing a song. When using this power-up, purple notes will appear along the track and hitting one will fire out a pinball which will then bounce back towards you. To deflect it you need to be on the track that it will hit when it reaches you much like the video game 'Break Out'. You need to keep doing this for twenty seconds, to unlock the trophy. I would suggest to not hit notes when going for this as the pinball can become very fast in a short space of time. A good song for this would be 'Shine' as it only has four instruments, which means less places for the pinball to go, and is quite long, so you will have a lot of chances to get the trophy.

FB9.jpg Rocket Scientist (B)

Clear 20 notes with a single Bottle Rocket.

For this trophy, you need to have unlocked the 'Bottle Rocket' power-up. Once you have unlocked it, select it and choose a song. For this, it will be better to choose a fast song that frequently has a lot of notes clumped together. To use the power-up, you will need to collect Overdrive during the song. You can collect this by playing the notes that are silver. Once you have enough Overdrive to use the power-up, the instrument symbol on the track that you are currently on will have changed to a picture of a rocket. To fire the rocket, press :square:. Make sure you fire it when there are a lot of notes on the track ahead of you so that you hit as many notes as possible. A good song for this is 'The Wicker Man' as there are quite a lot of notes bunched together throughout most of the song.

FE8.jpg That Dozen Count (B)

Play 12 of the songs included with Rock Band Blitz.

See Blitzed Out.

Edited by Viper
Editorial Sweep

DBF.jpg Blitzed Out (B)

Play every song included with Rock Band Blitz.

Simply play every song that was included with the game at least once. The songs included with the game are:

Always - Blink 182

Bang Your Head (Metal Health) - Quiet Riot

Cult of Personality - Living Colour

Death on Two Legs (Dedicated to...) - Queen

Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - Shinedown

Give It Away - Red Hot Chili Peppers

I'm Still Standing - Elton John

Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield

Jungle Boogie - Kool & the Gang

Kids in the Street - All-American Rejects

A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More "Touch Me" - Fall Out Boy

Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera

Once Bitten Twice Shy - Great White

One Week - Barenaked Ladies

Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People

Raise Your Glass - P!nk

Shine - Collective Soul

Shout - Tears for Fears

Sing - My Chemical Romance

So Far Away - Avenged Sevenfold

Spoonman - Soundgarden

Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) - Kelly Clarkson

These Days - Foo Fighters

We Are Young - Fun. ft. Janelle Monáe

The Wicker Man - Iron Maiden

1BC.jpg Stellar Performance (S)

Earn 5 stars on every song included with Rock Band Blitz.

This trophy requires you to five star every song that is included with the game. You will need to experiment with different power-ups to see which combination works best for you in each song. I found that using 'Jackpot', 'Blast Notes', and the 'Super' of whichever instrument has the most notes in the song helped me to easily reach five stars. Here is a list of my five star scores, so that you will know what to aim for:

A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More "Touch Me" - 114,282

Always - 196,769

Bang Your Head (Metal Health) - 334,229

Cult of Personality - 328,391

Death on Two Legs (Dedicated To...) - 185,444

Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - 387,992

Give It Away - 264,912

I'm Still Standing - 207,880

Jessie's Girl - 155,483

Jungle Boogie - 120,562

Kids in the Street - 235,687

Moves Like Jagger - 156,793

Once Bitten Twice Shy - 287,431

One Week - 101,951

Pumped Up Kicks - 145,488

Raise Your Glass - 107,309

Shine - 291,824

Shout - 355,567

Sing - 251,626

So Far Away - 256,790

Spoonman - 264,897

Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) - 160,227

The Wicker Man - 304,227

These Days - 239,857

We Are Young - 141,749

DC0.jpg Precious Medal (S)

Earn Gold stars on every song included with Rock Band Blitz.

This is the same as Stellar Performance, except the points needed for gold stars are much higher than those needed for five stars. The best advice I can give is to just keep practicing and trying out different combinations of power-ups until you get the ones that give you a lot of points. Here is a list of Gold Star scores, so you know what to aim for. Thanks to Bholegood for the majority of these:

A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More "Touch Me" - 188,069

Always - 266,606

Bang Your Head (Metal Health) - 430,929

Cult of Personality - 381,129

Death on Two Legs (Dedicated To...) - 239,611

Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - 440,765

Give It Away - 280,244

I'm Still Standing - 246,089

Jessie's Girl - 190,614

Jungle Boogie - 137,616

Kids in the Street - 335,708

Moves Like Jagger - 215,437

Once Bitten Twice Shy - 402,578

One Week - 138,668

Pumped Up Kicks - 196,235

Raise Your Glass - 144,462

Shine - 321,257

Shout - 506,296

Sing - 323,939

So Far Away - 318,873

Spoonman - 325,847

Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) - 226,785

The Wicker Man - 404,562

These Days - 397,476

We Are Young - 212,247

67B.jpg More Power to You (S)

Unlock every Power-up in Rock Band Blitz.

To unlock the power-ups in the game, you need to level up by earning 'Cred'. You earn 'Cred' by completing songs. The more stars you earn on a song, the greater amount of "Cred" you will receive. You will easily get this when working towards 'Stellar Performance' and 'Precious Medal'. The amount of "Cred" needed to unlock each power-up is:

Point Doubler - 30

Blast Notes - 90

Synchrony - 150

Bandmate - 330

Flame Notes - 510

Super Drums - 690

Shockwave - 870

Pinball Notes - 1050

Super Bass - 1230

Bottle Rocket - 1410

Super Guitar - 1650

Runaway Notes - 1890

Super Vocals - 2210

Jackpot - 2530

Super Keys - 2850

Road Rage 3170

CBD.jpg Big Spender (B)

Spend 10,000 coins.

You spend coins in the game by using power-ups. Each power-up costs 100 to 250 coins per use, so this trophy should come quite quickly. You earn 100 coins for every star that you earn. If you have connected the game to the Rock Band World app on Facebook, there are challenges on there that reward you with large amounts of coins when you complete them.

Edited by Viper
Editorial Sweep

Thanks for the guide.

Hopefully we can start collecting data to match the best power ups with the songs.

Especially for Shout!! ;)

No problem, and that will definitely be needed. I even had a bit of trouble five starring the songs.

I hope to add gold star points as well, but I've only managed to get them on two songs so far.

No problem, and that will definitely be needed. I even had a bit of trouble five starring the songs.

I hope to add gold star points as well, but I've only managed to get them on two songs so far.

Sounds good man, I look forward to it.

I have to say this game is a little confusing at first.

I still don't fully understand how to choose who I want to start a Score War with.

I added a couple of friends with the game, but I only see options to start with random players (non friends)

Also, I need to understand how the coin system works in this game. I had about 1300 coins and after playing a ton of songs (mostly 5 starring) I now have 200 coins. Do you have to buy power ups for each song? Hmm...

I still don't fully understand how to choose who I want to start a Score War with.

I added a couple of friends with the game, but I only see options to start with random players (non friends)

Also, I need to understand how the coin system works in this game. I had about 1300 coins and after playing a ton of songs (mostly 5 starring) I now have 200 coins. Do you have to buy power ups for each song? Hmm...

You need to buy the power up every time you play a song. I only buy the power ups when im trying to gold star the songs. I usually just play new songs with no power-ups to stock pile coins.

I haven't figured out how to send a score war to a friend yet either.

With the coins, the payout is so low, that when using three power-ups, the best you can hope to do is break even. I definitely suggest using Rock Band World if you have a Facebook account, as the challenges on there can get you a lot of coins.

I haven't figured out how to send a score war to a friend yet either.

With the coins, the payout is so low, that when using three power-ups, the best you can hope to do is break even. I definitely suggest using Rock Band World if you have a Facebook account, as the challenges on there can get you a lot of coins.

I realized the key to everything is on their Facebook app, Rock Band World.

This is the only way you can battle against friends. Kind of sucks they don't let you do this in game, but I guess they want the add revenue.

You can also get a crap-ton of coins by signing up to various challenges

and completing them. I ended up getting about 4,000 coins in the last couple plays. You should add some of that info to the guide. :)

A little tip for Pinball Whiz, if you happen to have the Green Day songs imported. Play Song of the Century with the Pinball power-up, and you can't fail. The song only has one lane, so the ball has nowhere to go and stays in play for the whole song. Pyromaniac also gets easier with this song, since the notes always appear on the same lane.

The song is also really easy to get Perfect Finish and Good as Gold, since it's a minute long and really easy.

I realized the key to everything is on their Facebook app, Rock Band World.

This is the only way you can battle against friends. Kind of sucks they don't let you do this in game, but I guess they want the add revenue.

You can also get a crap-ton of coins by signing up to various challenges

and completing them. I ended up getting about 4,000 coins in the last couple plays. You should add some of that info to the guide. :)

I've put it in the roadmap, do you think it needs to be in the guide too? I did the endless setlist on Rock Band 3 the other day, but activated the challenges on the app beforehand and ended up winning about 10000 coins!

By far the easiest solo to 100% is the first solo you encounter in Give It Away by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Most of the notes are sustain notes giving you plenty of time to ready for the next note.

I'll give that a try, although I can't see anyone having any trouble with the one that I've already mentioned.

A little tip for Pinball Whiz, if you happen to have the Green Day songs imported. Play Song of the Century with the Pinball power-up, and you can't fail. The song only has one lane, so the ball has nowhere to go and stays in play for the whole song. Pyromaniac also gets easier with this song, since the notes always appear on the same lane.

The song is also really easy to get Perfect Finish and Good as Gold, since it's a minute long and really easy.

Some people said that the pinball has to leave the track for the trophy to pop, but I'll give it a go on an alt account.

My last song to gold star is Cult of Personality. I just can't seem to get it, I am literally 1 or 2 notes off it everytime I try.

It's the damn solo, I miss so many points on it.

Edit: I finally did it! Rank 27th with 400,000 points. My god, my hands are shaking and hurting after that., My tips would be:

Jackpot, Bombs, Super Guitar

Try to max out every instrument every checkpoint until the long solo.

Max out the jackpot bar and use it just after the small solo, max out another jackpot but save it til after the long solo, use it as soon as the long solo ends, and you should get it to last until the tiny break in the song near the end. I'm so excited. All that for a tiny silver.

Edited by FishyCirus

The point totals for 5-star requirements are above what the actual requirements are; I don't think I hit any of those scores but still managed to 5-star every song.

The gold requirements are ridiculous, and with the monotonous button mashing I don't think I'm going to try for them.

Yeah they're not supposed to be, they're just my scores so people have an idea of what they need to aim for for each song.

I don't know if this will help anybody but I thought I would post it here.

A great song for the Shredder trophy is Blue (Da Ba Dee) by Eiffel 65 from the Rock Band Network DLC Songs, it has 3 guitar solos and they are all identical and not hard at all as they have a distinct rhythm to them and no notes really close together (i.e. no quick double tap notes).

For Three for the Taking, a great song is Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd (also DLC). It has 6-7 checkpoints total and it is very easy to rack up enough for the x3 level cap 3 times in a row (just don't neglect the vocals as there are long pauses in the vocals at times, so try to max the vocals after each checkpoint before maxing the other instruments, if available). I did it the first time in checkpoints 3, 4 and 5, I believe in this song.

Edited by StygianInq
Spelling Mistake

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...