Gold star requirements

Bholegood

So, since you guys seem to have this down - Bholegood specifically - any tips to share? So far I'm struggling to even hit 5 stars on some songs, much less gold. Should I be focusing more on the power up bricks or on keeping my streak alive? Or is it really a matter of doing all those things simultaneously? I find that when I go out of my way to look for the flame/pinball/etc. bricks I get distracted from everything else, but seems like I get a lot of points from those. I kinda get the feeling that the biggest key is going to be learning which instrument to be playing at which part of each song. I'm honestly just trying to figure out if I even want to put in the effort it seems like it's gonna take to get these. :wall:

Edited by skapocalypse

So, since you guys seem to have this down - Bholegood specifically - any tips to share? So far I'm struggling to even hit 5 stars on some songs, much less gold. Should I be focusing more on the power up bricks or on keeping my streak alive? Or is it really a matter of doing all those things simultaneously? I find that when I go out of my way to look for the flame/pinball/etc. bricks I get distracted from everything else, but seems like I get a lot of points from those. I kinda get the feeling that the biggest key is going to be learning which instrument to be playing at which part of each song. I'm honestly just trying to figure out if I even want to put in the effort it seems like it's gonna take to get these. :wall:

I have got gold on 3 songs and still its a challenge! I tried every combination of power ups i could but i just don't get the gold..

I've gold starred five songs so far, and I've been using the bottle rocket, blast notes, and then whichever instrument I feel has enough notes is assigned for the third power up. You can use the first two power ups to level your tracks quickly after any checkpoint. Once they're all leveled, only play the instrument associated with bonus points in your third power up slot.

I was able to five star all the tracks pretty quickly using this set-up, and I'm starting to knock out the gold ones now. I recommend playing the track with no power ups first just to get the layout. Some instruments don't play for the entire span between checkpoints. For instance, in Jessie's Girl, on the 2nd or 3rd checkpoint the keyboard starts up. If you don't max it right away, you lose your chance as the notes disappear halfway to the next checkpoint.

I've found, at least for me anyway, that it's easier to gold star songs by choosing only 2 power ups. My power ups are Bottle Rocket and Blast Notes.

It make be a fluke, but it's working. I just good starred 6 songs with this method.

The pinball is a fun power up, but in the end it just causes you to miss everything else.

Thanks for the tips everyone. At this point I have 5 starred everything except Shout. It's driving me nuts. I've pretty much given up on trying to get the gold stars, just not worth the time it would take me.

I've tried it about 8 times now and it's really annoying me.

I honestly think Harmonix screwed up with setting this one too high.

I'd like to know if anyone has good on Shout as well.

I'd like to know if anyone has good on Shout as well.

I finally got the 5-star on Shout last night. Using the "Jackpot" power up was key - I had been continually picking Bottle Rocket for that slot, but you can get some pretty good point bonuses by using Jackpot on the drum line (as long as you don't mess up). Even so, I have no clue how anyone could earn enough points to get Gold Stars. I'm sure it's possible, but I just don't see what I could try to earn more points than I did. I might have to be content with 90% on this one.

I finally got the 5-star on Shout last night. Using the "Jackpot" power up was key - I had been continually picking Bottle Rocket for that slot, but you can get some pretty good point bonuses by using Jackpot on the drum line (as long as you don't mess up). Even so, I have no clue how anyone could earn enough points to get Gold Stars. I'm sure it's possible, but I just don't see what I could try to earn more points than I did. I might have to be content with 90% on this one.

lets see, got 505k yesterday :)

1. Jackpot, this bomb thing (whatever its called in engl.) and super-bass is what you want here

2. learn the pattern, is there a checkpoint you cant get +3 at, dont waste getting every other instrument to +3, just play massive bass and get overdrive and/or use it

3. do not use OD during guitar/ keyboard solo

4. use of OD:

1) after u filled it there is a part when bass speeds up right behind a checkpoint, press square 5 notes b4 checkpoint

2) fill all/ most the other instruments (other than bass obv) and get OD at filled at least 3/4. then activate playing bass. OD has to end right b4 keys solo so u can 100% it and dont have to switch and lose ur 50k+ jackpot

3) after keys solo activate OD playing just bass. then fill all other instruments best possible

4) when verse starts its to late, a bit earlier to activate OD playing bass again, and dont let it run into the solo, if it did, u know u have to activate earlier. (try to get instruments up +1 or so b4 activation, should be good enough.)

5) dont try to level up after guitar solo, just hunt last few OD notes and activate a bit b4 last checkpoint and let it run out in the end

good luck

The thing that's really annoying me with this trophy is that I have absolutely no trouble getting gold stars on my DLC and imports. It's like they've purposefully raised the requirements for these songs.

Play "Hanuman"/"YYZ" (without flippering), "A Blinding Light" or "2112" (full song)

RBB Songs aint (much) tougher than dlc imo, it just highly depends on the song. play songs without tons of notes, with 5 lanes, and is 4-5 minutes long

and youll notice it is a pain to gs, just like shout/ bang your head

The thing that's really annoying me with this trophy is that I have absolutely no trouble getting gold stars on my DLC and imports. It's like they've purposefully raised the requirements for these songs.

I think that just has to do with the fact that there are FAR more DLC songs. However there are many DLC songs that are harder to GS than any of the main setlist songs.

Barely GS'd Operation Ground and Pound and Keep Yourself Alive which are both far harder than Shout.

I still can't gold star Light my Fire :(

I think that just has to do with the fact that there are FAR more DLC songs. However there are many DLC songs that are harder to GS than any of the main setlist songs.

Barely GS'd Operation Ground and Pound and Keep Yourself Alive which are both far harder than Shout.

I still can't gold star Light my Fire :(

It must just be the types of songs I have in my DLC, mainly grunge and alternative. Most Green Day songs seem to be stupidly easy to gold star with road rage on.

Also I've gold starred Shout now, using guitar plus. I activated jackpot for the double guitar sustains, and got over 100k from a single use! It's Cult of Personality that's giving me a lot of trouble now.

Edited by SylarTheNinja