Question about DLC

MyrequeArk

Every song in the RB library - with the exception of RB3 disc songs - will work in Blitz. This includes downloadable songs, exports from RB1, 2, Lego, Green Day and all the disc-based track packs (country, classic rock, metal, etc...).

Cool, that's awesome!

Thanks!

It would have to be an export similar to RB2 - which means re-licensing the songs. That's a ton of $$$. It'll happen if we get a RB4, but I doubt HMX will spring for it just for Blitz.

Unless they were smart with the newer license and made it an all inclusive type where the one purchase covers future usage of it. It really should be no different than an MP3 IMO. You pay once and listen to it on any player you wish. I mow some people look at it differently, but it's really just a song to the artist/company and what makes it unique is the environment in which it's being used.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Harmonix had said "Blitz will be compatible with all Rock Band songs except for RB Beatles (because that was a stand alone product). They really should have been more clear on that.

I would still pay $5 to have these playable in Blitz though.

Unless they were smart with the newer license and made it an all inclusive type where the one purchase covers future usage of it. It really should be no different than an MP3 IMO. You pay once and listen to it on any player you wish. I mow some people look at it differently, but it's really just a song to the artist/company and what makes it unique is the environment in which it's being used.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Harmonix had said "Blitz will be compatible with all Rock Band songs except for RB Beatles (because that was a stand alone product). They really should have been more clear on that.

I would still pay $5 to have these playable in Blitz though.

Considering that the RB2-export costs $10 and we lose a few songs in the process, you're delusional bro! :rolleyes:

Edited by atirador

Not to mention that it's hardly up to HMX what the licensing terms are. The music industry is notorious for being as unreasonable as they can when it comes to this sort of thing. They know HMX has no product without their content, so they set the terms & everyone lives with it.

Considering that the RB2-export costs $10 and we lose a few songs in the process, you're delusional bro! :rolleyes:

I obviously disagree.

We already paid for the right to play those songs when we paid for Rock Band 3. Paying an additional $5 fee to access them in blitz is not delusional.

Anyway, that's the price Activision was charging to import songs into GH.

There are a ton of songs to play with this, yet I'm a bit bummed about RB3 songs not working on it. I was under the impression that they would.

Maybe they will allow this in the future if sales are high.

They have relicencing on all previous titles except The Beatles, that would cost 'em way to much, and as RB3 is the latest they haven't made any re-licenceing deals on that music.

That said, it's funny how the bands that don't get their songs Re-Licenced for next game (ie get left out when you do a full disc import) are always then bands that seem to be the most $$$ fixated and sue-happy. And I'm told it's a $ issue, so apparently they demand too much for Harmonix to deem it to be worth it.

And Metallica being amongst those is funny 'cos Lars grew up in a country where you litterally get beaten to pulp with something called Janteloven (Jante's Law) which is: Don't think you're better than anyone else, know your place. No wonder he fled to USA :D

I obviously disagree.

We already paid for the right to play those songs when we paid for Rock Band 3. Paying an additional $5 fee to access them in blitz is not delusional.

Anyway, that's the price Activision was charging to import songs into GH.

RB2 didn't have Keys or PRO Guitar/Bass, but it costs 10 dollars to export to your HD.

RB3 does have Keys and PRO Guitar/Bass on all the songs (and PRO upgrades are sold separately on the music store), so if we ever see RB4 and/or an export option for RB3, I doubt it'll cost less than $10

Activision was charging 5 dollars for a rip-off, since you only can export 50% or less of the disc songs, and they did so with a promise of "future" exports that never came... no wonder the franchise is dead.

RB2 didn't have Keys or PRO Guitar/Bass, but it costs 10 dollars to export to your HD.

RB3 does have Keys and PRO Guitar/Bass on all the songs (and PRO upgrades are sold separately on the music store), so if we ever see RB4 and/or an export option for RB3, I doubt it'll cost less than $10

Activision was charging 5 dollars for a rip-off, since you only can export 50% or less of the disc songs, and they did so with a promise of "future" exports that never came... no wonder the franchise is dead.

ye and dropping all DLC and support 4 months after releasing the last game, apparently cos people weren't buying the $2 a pop DLC songs, while at the same time, despite a small decline, RB's rather fairer priced DLC was & still is selling "well enough".

Harmonix still exploring rhythm games is good news in my book, thisone is very fun to play, more than I expected, and I look forward to see what more they bring us - though I'm not as psyched over this one as I am over the also recently released Retro/Grade, now there's a Rhythm game twist I love :applause:

ye and dropping all DLC and support 4 months after releasing the last game, apparently cos people weren't buying the $2 a pop DLC songs, while at the same time, despite a small decline, RB's rather fairer priced DLC was & still is selling "well enough".

Harmonix still exploring rhythm games is good news in my book, thisone is very fun to play, more than I expected, and I look forward to see what more they bring us - though I'm not as psyched over this one as I am over the also recently released Retro/Grade, now there's a Rhythm game twist I love :applause:

feel the same, i was sooo looking forward to rbb since im a fanboy ;P

but this game is not competitive at all imo. i had a score of 380k points while my basic score was just 20k or so, power ups do so much damage in some songs - unbelievable. its not fun to just play and not even have a leaderboard for "no power up" usage ... lame

ill 100% this one, then im back to retro/grade :)

feel the same, i was sooo looking forward to rbb since im a fanboy ;P

but this game is not competitive at all imo. i had a score of 380k points while my basic score was just 20k or so, power ups do so much damage in some songs - unbelievable. its not fun to just play and not even have a leaderboard for "no power up" usage ... lame

ill 100% this one, then im back to retro/grade :)

But that's the whole point of this game... The power ups and knowing when the use them makes up the core of this game.

I'm having a good time with it.

Now they just need to fix the glitches where it freezes up for a second and repeats the last bit of a song and add a way to rate songs and sort through your faves. Oh, and give us an export key for RB3 and it'll be perfect.

Does anyone else think that if Harmonix were to include 1 or 2 trophies with each song they would sell more tracks?

I guess it's ultimately up to Sony, but I don't see why they couldn't include an easy bronze trophy for 5 starring a new track.

It'll never happen so no point in discussing it. :p

Does anyone else think that if Harmonix were to include 1 or 2 trophies with each song they would sell more tracks?

I guess it's ultimately up to Sony, but I don't see why they couldn't include an easy bronze trophy for 5 starring a new track.

It'll never happen so no point in discussing it. :p

As you may have realized, that would be impossible. On RB3, after 2,500 songs with 1 bronze trophy each, a person with a platinum on the game but without any DLC would have a mere 2% on the game.

It's already depressing enough to have a platinum and only 51% on Uncharted 3, because I don't care for its multiplayer. :D

But XBOX360 have achievements for RB3 and RB Blitz related to DLC songs as a bonus, and I don't know why HMX didn't include trophies like that for PS3