Game Save on PSN?

Lanes8

I was wondering if the RB3 game save is saved through the PSN ID. Like ,if the system broke or the HDD broke would the progress that I have done on game game re-appear when I install the game again (including all the challenges & goals)?

I was wondering if the RB3 game save is saved through the PSN ID. Like ,if the system broke or the HDD broke would the progress that I have done on game game re-appear when I install the game again (including all the challenges & goals)?

Not to my knowledge. Are there any games that are saved like this?

• 3 weeks later...
Mixed good news and bad news. The bad news is that no, the game does not save your progress online at all so if you've lost your data on a busted PS3 you're out of luck. It's gone. However, the good news is that, unlike RB1 and RB2 the save data is no longer copy protected allowing you to back up your save data on a flash drive or external HDD.

That was one of the first things I checked when i got the game because I was on my 3rd band in Rock Band 2 and I was getting sick of starting over. Now I back up my data every few days so that if something happens I don't lose it all. I never understand why some developers copy protect the save data (Assassins Creed 2. Dragon Age, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, Force Unleashed 2 among others). It's not really save data if you can't truly save it.