OFFICIAL Rock Band 3 information!

JDHnCIH

This information was taken directly from their site and provides a little insight to the upcoming release of Rock Band 3.

----------

The Music:

Rock Band 3 will have an incredible 83-song setlist, as well as support for the over 1,500 existing Rock Band tracks (Rock Band and Rock Band 2 discs, DLC, track packs, AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack, LEGO Rock Band, and Green Day: Rock Band). The setlist contains songs from some of the best bands from around the world, including bands that have never appeared in a music game! Don't think it stops there - the regular weekly DLC releases will continue after Rock Band 3's release.

The Instruments:

In addition to the plastic guitars, bass, drums, and vocals you're used to, now you can jam on a couple of new instruments. Play vocal harmonies with up to three players like you did in The Beatles: Rock Band. And for the first time ever you'll also be able to play using a keyboard peripheral! The band has gotten bigger - playing with all available instruments, you and six friends can all rock at the same time. Rock Band parties will never be the same.

Pro Mode:

If you're ready to take the next step in music gaming, check out Rock Band 3's Pro Mode. Ever had someone ask you why you play plastic guitar instead of learning a real instrument? Now you can tell them you ARE learning a real instrument. Rock Band 3 empowers players to develop actual musical skills through the fun of Rock Band Pro gameplay. Start at Easy and work your way up through Expert on three different Pro Modes, just like you did with the plastic guitars and plastic drums.

Pro Drums supports three expansion cymbals, with gameplay differentiation between toms and cymbals.

Pro Keys features pitch-accurate keyboard performance across a two-octave range, displayed on an easy-to-read keyboard track.

Pro Guitar features notated guitar and bass performances, available for play with either the new Fender Mustang PRO-Guitar simulated guitar controller from Mad Catz or the Rock Band 3 Squier by Fender Stratocaster Guitar real guitar/controller hybrid. The Rock Band 3 Squier Stratocaster is a fully functional, full-sized, six-string electric guitar that also functions as a game controller that Fender and Harmonix have teamed up to develop.

All Pro Modes include tutorials and a difficulty progression from Easy through Expert, giving you the chance to learn at your own speed. And if you're not ready to take that leap - or you just don't want to buy another instrument peripheral - Rock Band 3 will be compatible with all Rock Band and The Beatles: Rock Band peripherals, as well as most third-party controllers

New Gameplay:

Party Mode: Get the party started faster and keep it going all night! Party Shuffle lets you start the game immediately, while persistent drop-in/drop-out lets players take turns (or take a break!) without interrupting the flow of play. You'll also be able to choose (or change!) your difficulty on any gameplay screen - including mid-song.

Career Mode: If a more long-term play is your style, get ready for over 700 goals and rewards, with seamless leaderboard integration, for a deep campaign experience.

Social Networking: Rock Band 3 adds social networking tools so you can interact with friends and fellow Rock Band rockers using Facebook, Twitter, and more.

----------

For the release information of the official setlist, please see my other thread here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/rock-band-3/54489-official-rock-band-3-setlist.html

Edited by JDHnCIH

after seeing them showing off the new keyboard guitar thing on E3, I expect that we will have to drop some cash in order to achieve platinum on this game. And the online/local full band trophies (if there are any/many) may be difficult as well since they say you can play 7 people at once

1. Guitar

2. Bass

3. Drums

4. Keyboard

5. Vocals

6. Vocals - harmony 1

7. Vocals - harmony 2

I hope it won't be so tricky

lol... i didn't even think about that. I was just more worried about having to buy extra mics and the keyboard to get 7 local, online won't be soo bad, but still frustrating... I guess I shouldnt even speculate. Hopefully when there is a preliminary trophy list released we will see none of that. And hopefully no ESL and too many expert this or that

Good to know we'll be able to move our Rock Band 1 and 2 songs forward to RB3, hopefully doing that won't cost an arm and a leg on top of the actual game.

Maybe this is a dumb question but do you need an adapter in order to be able to use that many instruments at once? I never actually looked into it because I've only ever player with the drums, 1 mic, and 2 guitars.

Good to know we'll be able to move our Rock Band 1 and 2 songs forward to RB3, hopefully doing that won't cost an arm and a leg on top of the actual game.

Maybe this is a dumb question but do you need an adapter in order to be able to use that many instruments at once? I never actually looked into it because I've only ever player with the drums, 1 mic, and 2 guitars.

RB 1 and 2 came with one, I'm sure this one will have one capable of running 7 instuments together.

RB 1 and 2 came with one, I'm sure this one will have one capable of running 7 instuments together.

Do you mean the first two came with adapters because I don't remember getting one with either? And you wouldn't have really needed one until they added vocal harmonies because there are four controller outlets already on the PS3 right?

I'd mainly like more info on moving over the RB 1 and 2 setlists, like if we already paid to move over the RB1 tracks do we have to pay again (especially since some of us sold back the original game after moving over the music).

Plus I'm just excited to see more of the new setlist revealed.

ok... getting scared even more. Just watched the RB3 premier on E3 again on demand and they show a guitar with strings. Great idea and another developer is doing the same thing, BUT...

I have many concerns.

1. MORE $$$ to be spend on the game!

2. Will older controllers be compatible?

3. Money again, these new guitars look expensive and possible fragile

I don't know, interested, but at the same time my pocket hurts already!

Do you mean the first two came with adapters because I don't remember getting one with either? And you wouldn't have really needed one until they added vocal harmonies because there are four controller outlets already on the PS3 right?

I dunno about rock band 2 (uk never got a rock band 2 band in a box, only the game on it's own), but rock band 1 came with a usb adaptor for plugging in 4 usb instruments.

I think the uk ps3s might of had 4 usb ports when they 1st came out, but they did away with that to save money, so now all ps3s have only 2 usb ports (mine included) :(

*edit*

Heres a random pic I found of the usb adaptor (or usb "hub")

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/MadDragon1846/ROCKBAND-SE-PS3-R-gal.jpg

Edited by MadDragon1846

The first batch of RB1 PS3 did not have a USB hub included. Later they did include one though.

So from what we know right now, does it look like we can have 2 guitars playing with 2 drums in a band for example? Out of my band, no one ever wants to sing and only one guy can endure playing bass so i'd really like that option being made available.