Exporting previous Rockband's into RB3

JoshT

EDIT. I'm gonna list all the export proccess once I figure out each games export and hope it will be helpful to others.

How to export

First buy 1 Rock Band Song Export Key from the Playstation store. Once it's used to export a game you need to go back to your download list and download it to use it again. REMEMBER DON'T BUY ANOTHER KEY.

ROCK BAND

You need the Rock Band game disc and the Song Export Key you brought. RB1 takes the songs off the disc so there is no download needed for this export.

ROCK BAND 2 ??

LEGO ROCK BAND ??

THE BEATLES ROCK BAND

This game cannot be exported.

GREEN DAY ROCK BAND

You need the Green Day Rock Band game disc and the Song Export Key you brought downloaded again. Start the game then go to extras and export songs. The rest is straight forward and there is also a fee which should be on the back of your game manuel.

TRACK PACKS

Im unsure if all track packs have codes though they have a redeem code to use which get you all the songs to download for free. I can't remember if there is a export code to use if the redeem code has been used.

Edited by JoshT

Lego rock band comes with a slip that screams export on it. If you got it used it might not work. Green day is on the back of the manual, in a clearly marked box.

Rock band is the serial number on the back of the manual, and rock band 2 is the free-20 song code.

Should all work, unless you have got them used. Sometimes the codes have been redeemed already.

What specifically is the problem? I feel like that's just a general answer that isn't helping lol

I had the same question, but i will ask a more specific question. I have bought RB1, and RB2 used. I was able to pay $5 to transfer songs from RB1 to RB2. I have since bought and DL numerous songs for RB2. If I buy a used RB3, can i pay the $10 transfer and will ALL my songs on RB2 transfer, including the ones i transfered originally from RB1, and new songs i bought and DL?

I had the same question, but i will ask a more specific question. I have bought RB1, and RB2 used. I was able to pay $5 to transfer songs from RB1 to RB2. I have since bought and DL numerous songs for RB2. If I buy a used RB3, can i pay the $10 transfer and will ALL my songs on RB2 transfer, including the ones i transfered originally from RB1, and new songs i bought and DL?

It's different.

RB1 didn't have an unique number, so the same disc could be used multiples times for any account, you just had to pay the $5

RB2 have an unique serial number, so if the number on your RB2 was used before, you might be unable to export it to RB3.

The RB1 songs will work ok and so all your DLC songs (assuming all the games are from the same region, of course).

As you may already know, some songs just can't be imported (like Journey's "Any way you want it" or Metallica's "Battery").

It's different.

RB1 didn't have an unique number, so the same disc could be used multiples times for any account, you just had to pay the $5

If I'm reading this correctly, are you saying I'd still need to use the disc for RB1 to transfer to RB3? Am i paying the $5 transfer again?? Or do i just return to something on my download list to transfer to RB3?

Thank you in advance.

If I'm reading this correctly, are you saying I'd still need to use the disc for RB1 to transfer to RB3? Am i paying the $5 transfer again?? Or do i just return to something on my download list to transfer to RB3?

Thank you in advance.

No, you misunderstood me (or I didn't expressed myself properly).

I was just explaining the difference between exporting RB1 and RB2.

Once the songs are exported, the data is there for any other game to use it. You only have to pay once.

You can play RB1 songs in RB2, Lego RB and RB3.

No, you misunderstood me (or I didn't expressed myself properly).

I was just explaining the difference between exporting RB1 and RB2.

Once the songs are exported, the data is there for any other game to use it. You only have to pay once.

You can play RB1 songs in RB2, Lego RB and RB3.

Gotcha, excellent, you've been very helpful. Does it matter if my RB3 version is used? Last question, i promise!

• 2 weeks later...

So I've got Rb1 & Green Day exported but now I'm having problems with Lego. The insert with the code says to go to LEGO® Rock Band ® Disc Export // Rock Band® to use the code and get a token to be able to pay for the export and download it yet when enetering the code it does nothing and just gets an error in the bottom left of the page.

Is there another way to export it other then what I've mentioned?

• 1 month later...
this happened to me when i was trying to export rb2 to rb3, the problem was my web bowser, i switched to firefox and it started working

Dude you're a legend, I never thought of trying with another browser. I tried it with chrome and it worked fine and now I've got the code. Is RB2 the same where you gotta get the code online?

I don't understand the thought behind this setup instead of just printing the export code on the book like RB track packs or GH games.

Edited by JoshT