Whammy on pro guitar/bass?

pmm_fin

Is there any way to apply vibrato on any pro guitar option? I know there is no whammy bar on the Squier and I didn't see one in the images of the Mustang either. Is there any way to do it by some buttons or something?

The reason I wonder is that when you look at the leaderboard of Imagine by John Lennon for pro bass, there are some scores that appear to be unreachably high no matter how well (flawlessly of course) you play and time your overdrive. So I thought maybe there was some not so obvious way of applying vibrato for higher score and more overdrive.

There isn't any way to whammy on either the Mustang or the Squier, unfortunately. But with all the things going on in pro guitar you don't have time to whammy anyway. :p

Yeah, I guess my hands are quite busy but with the overdrive trigger on select, on the Midi controller and by tilting the guitar I somehow still manage to trigger it ;)

There is a Midi bend control on Squier when you turn the guitar face up but it apparently doesn't work as whammy.

Any idea how those highest scores on pro bass Imagine were done? I thought I was near perfect but there is still a wide gap.

I guess it's just a really good overdrive path. I can't see any other way of getting that many more points.

I guess it must be related to that. However that song doesn't really have many options regarding use of overdrive. I've found the only smart place to trigger it is slightly after you've reached 5x multiplier as if you wait for 6x, you waste some of it when the meter is at max. If you trigger earlier, you miss everything from that last sequence that only fills you up to 1/4 :think:

Here's a video of someone who is apparently rank 2 on the Wii leaderboards for Imagine on pro bass:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvoV6Mglw-o]‪Rock Band 3 - Imagine Expert 100% rank # 2 ProBass Guitar Wii‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

It looks like he activates overdrive after he gets a 6x multiplier, but still runs out before the end of the song.

Edited by Pyramat

Here's a video of someone who is apparently rank 2 on the Wii leaderboards for Imagine on pro bass:

‪Rock Band 3 - Imagine Expert 100% rank # 2 ProBass Guitar Wii‬‏ - YouTube

It looks like he activates overdrive after he gets a 6x multiplier, but still runs out before the end of the song.

That's about the same I got but the top of the list was like over 50.000 unless I'm badly mistaken :think:

Doesn't the drop box have something you can do to whammy? or just overdrive?

Also, I have been wondering for a while, is there any way to hold the mustang to shorten the time of going through songs?

Like, a way to hold down a button and find a way to jump down from "Newly Acquired" To "Rock Band 1" Without having to flip through 600 Songs?

• 2 weeks later...
Do you guys heard of a thing called "squeeze"?

I don't know about Imagine on PRO Bass, but since GH1 people are getting higher scores using it.

To clarify, squeezing is the idea of using overdrive as late as possible on an activation while still hitting the note in overdrive and/or hitting a note that wouldn't naturally be under overdrive early to "squeeze" more notes under overdrive, thus giving you more points.

On Imagine, the top score could be hacked. If it is clearly way above optimal, then just ignore it.