XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > R (PS3) > Rock Band 2

View Poll Results: Rate the trophy difficulty.
1 - Very Easy 3 1.19%
2 1 0.40%
3 3 1.19%
4 10 3.97%
5 10 3.97%
6 22 8.73%
7 41 16.27%
8 52 20.63%
9 53 21.03%
10 - Very Hard 57 22.62%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2009, 01:34 AM   #21 (permalink)

the drum trainer ones gave me some trouble

I give it a 9/10
frostboy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #22 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Seeing that I still cannot get over the medium hump for about half the songs I am giving this a 10. I also have tagged this as a game that I have no hope of ever getting a platinum in.

I enjoy playing the songs on medium but the addition of the 5th button and the faster speed makes it feel like the difficulty from medium to hard is a huge jump.
Lostsaint18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:38 AM   #23 (permalink)

this all depends on if you can play visions on expert bass.....and play for 6 and a half hours straight, all i have to do is beat it on expert which i dont wnt to do cause it takes too friggin long
heyzeus11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:55 PM   #24 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleydude_202 View Post
6, mainly the bladder os steel and having to beat the endless set list twice! plus the drums can be a lil challenging if ur not into them.
You don't have to beat the Endless Setlist twice.

I gave this an 8, though. The fact is, there are some people that just aren't good at this type of game, and they are sunk. No, the trophies aren't as bad as, say, Guitar Hero Metallica (a couple of which are absolutely absurd), but they will break a lot of people. But GH: Metallica is a 10 in my book.
starcrunch061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:56 PM   #25 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostsaint18 View Post
Seeing that I still cannot get over the medium hump for about half the songs I am giving this a 10. I also have tagged this as a game that I have no hope of ever getting a platinum in.

I enjoy playing the songs on medium but the addition of the 5th button and the faster speed makes it feel like the difficulty from medium to hard is a huge jump.
I agree - it took a while to make the jump. Honestly, though, I think the jump from hard to expert is even worse in these games.
starcrunch061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #26 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostsaint18 View Post

The fifth button doesn't make a difference to me; it's the faster speed that's much harder. There's a strategy for dealing with five buttons, which is basically to ignore the green button - so you rest your index finger on the red button, meaning your pinky rests on the brown button. Shift your hand back up to get green, but otherwise the 'neutral' position should be index finger on the red button.
Platinums: Call of Duty Classic | Call of Duty: World at War | Call of Duty: Black Ops | Dead Space | Guitar Hero 5 | Karaoke Revolution | Modern Warfare 2 | Quantum of Solace | Resident Evil 5 | Rock Band 2 | Tekken 6 | Tekken Tag Tournament HD | Tom Clancy's HAWX

squodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #27 (permalink)

The endless setlist on expert bass or vocals takes days to get up to unless you've played other games/the real thing. Plus some people like me can't find 6 hours 10 minutes for the Iron bladder (I did Platinum Artist over 3 days) and the Drum Trainer can be difficult if you don't play much. But most people can work their way up (I started easy guitar at GH2 and medium drums and vocals for RB1).

Difficult, but not impossibe (finished last night)
Old 09-11-2009, 04:08 AM   #28 (permalink)

FOR ME, it was a 4. I seemed to have a natural talent for rock band and got all of the trophies fairly easily. Only time consuming one was the Bladder of Steel and other endless setlist trophies. Stayed up all night working in shifts with my friend to get it. I could have done it myself but I was too tired so I made him help me.
whiplash911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Wozamil

Awards Showcase Guide Supplement Platinum   First PS4 Game Nights   Member of the Month Winner   Bronzer Than Nothing   Jack of All Trades   Awesome Mystery Award   Bright Idea!   Word of Mouth - Platinum   5,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)

I gave it a ten. It took me a long time to get really good at the guitar, and then it took me even longer to get good at the drums to beat the beat trainer. (granted, you can cheat the trainer if someone does the bass pedal for you)

I had to work really hard to get the platinum and I am most proud of this platinum. If there is a Rock Band 3, I'm sure it'll be a whole lot easier for me now.

Wozamil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to GHRockerAK
Thumbs up 6

I gave this game a 6, mainly because I am good on drums and guitar. I had to the endless setlist twice. Since I fail miserably on VISIONS and PEACE SELLS...sometimes Panic Attack on Expert drums (first time I did ESL2). I completed it at like....12 30 am. And I was doing a bunch of things that day. So I started at 12 PM that day lol.

Second try on the ESL2 i did medium vox and got bladder of steel. The challenges are easy, if your good.

So, I give this game a 6 still (FOR ME!) My opinion

GET THIS GAME!
GHRockerAK is offline   Reply With Quote