Rate the trophy difficulty.  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_8.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.88

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rock band 2 is actually a LOT easier than the previous guitar hero titles. For the guitar I would put it at a 5. if you're not familiar with drums and how hats work etc...it can be quite challenging, but anyone with rhythm can pick them up. the singing is just easy. I would average all of this out to a time consuming 7 for the platinum.

• 3 weeks later...

It just takes too long to get good enough...and some people can't even reach that level of plastic guitar shredding xD Those of you who have this platinum, props, but I think I'll stick to playing hard and expert once in a while :) Gave it an 8 cause some of the trophies are really easy to acquire while others could wind up snapping your wrist off

Edited by Ferny

• 4 weeks later...

This is a nine or a ten for anyone who doesn't have an unemployed girlfriend with fairly decent vocal control. :p In all seriousness though, some of these trophies are tough. Some are even worse than tough. The Bladder of Steel one can be taken together with three other trophies (medium, hard and expert completion of Endless II - probably also the $100.000 worth of shopping, as you'll get both expensive clothes and a dumpster load of cash thrown after you upon completion), but will nonetheless take you somewhere around seven hours of straight gaming - and you can't fail.

Those aren't the hardest ones in my opinion though. I'm having some severe problems coordinating my hands and feet enough for the last two drum trainer trophies, and can't seem to improve enough. Technically you'll simply have be able to play (or know someone who can play) drums properly if you want the platinum.

The last one I've had trouble with is the 1.000.000 point trophy, much because I can't find friends who can play well enough to be of any help. It's more of a question of effort than skill though, so it will come sooner or later.

I gave it an 8 for the average player that plays this game every once in a while it will be very hard for them to beat the endless setlist on expert not allowing them to get platinum. Or you could be in my situation you can beat it its just that it takes 7 hours and I dont have that kind of time so i have to wait for the summer when im off from school. This is one of those games you actually need to practice.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it a 9. I did the ESL on expert bass and needed to do it with a friend good enough to save me twice on that abomination of a song "Visions".

Time consuming especially if you have to practice a bunch to get good enough to do ESL on expert and get through the drum trainer ones.

• 3 weeks later...
6. By now 'everyone's' the greatest at these music games. If you've been playing since around the time GH became popular, you'll find this less hard and more time-consuming.

I'm guessing you've voted BECAUSE you've already got the Platinum, rather than just speculating? Lots of people have played these games since the first Guitar Hero and still can't coordinate anything above medium. It's not how much you play it; it's whether you have good hand-to-eye coordination.

I'm voting this an 8. Here's why:

The Beat Goes On: This is brutal, even for those who play a bit of drums. 180bpm for half the beats, or 100bpm for all the beats, is tough going. I finally beat it this afternoon after hours of swearing.

Bladder of Steel: This is an easy trophy, just play on medium on guitar or bass; use a wireless guitar (because a wired guitar might well become loose if you get too excited and pull the guitar out accidentally).

Platinum Artist: Best way is expert vocals. I can't sing to save my life; but I hummed most of the songs the other night, and only two songs needed multiple tries (Carry on Wayward Son; Spoonman).

I rate 8 because The Beat Goes On and Platinum Artist are what will separate most people from getting Platinum. Bladder of Steel might be a gold trophy, but it's one of the easiest gold trophies I've ever managed (try getting a gold trophy in wipEout HD!)

~ squodge ~

Seeing that I still cannot get over the medium hump for about half the songs I am giving this a 10. I also have tagged this as a game that I have no hope of ever getting a platinum in. :(

I enjoy playing the songs on medium but the addition of the 5th button and the faster speed makes it feel like the difficulty from medium to hard is a huge jump.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6, mainly the bladder os steel and having to beat the endless set list twice! plus the drums can be a lil challenging if ur not into them.

You don't have to beat the Endless Setlist twice. :confused:

I gave this an 8, though. The fact is, there are some people that just aren't good at this type of game, and they are sunk. No, the trophies aren't as bad as, say, Guitar Hero Metallica (a couple of which are absolutely absurd), but they will break a lot of people. But GH: Metallica is a 10 in my book.

Seeing that I still cannot get over the medium hump for about half the songs I am giving this a 10. I also have tagged this as a game that I have no hope of ever getting a platinum in. :(

I enjoy playing the songs on medium but the addition of the 5th button and the faster speed makes it feel like the difficulty from medium to hard is a huge jump.

I agree - it took a while to make the jump. Honestly, though, I think the jump from hard to expert is even worse in these games.