XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 06-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #11
legndorock

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   5,000 Posts   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   A+ Thread Award   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Killzone Gaming Night Award   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Ill add it Woody thanks i wasnt sure if I shouldve added the whole put the song up on youtube and just hold it to the microphone thing as i heard it doesnt work for most songs. But maybe since its only a talk song it works.

legndorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #12
MrMagik

Send a message via AIM to MrMagik Send a message via Skype™ to MrMagik

Very good advice/guide LegndoRock.
I will most likely need you to help me get the "Bauchman Tuner Award"
I'll will PM you about it.
Other than that +1 for the awesome guide
I guess i just have to go practice Visions (damn harmonix making a near impossible song)

PlatinumTrophyCase

Platinum Signature Made Possible By: Trophy_Collecta
MrMagik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #13
Vintsukka

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Just a tip on how to get flawless singing I did this on the 360 version get the Beastie Boys song up on youtube and just hold the microphone to your speaker and try to make sure you get the timing right. I did this and got it first time.
You don't need YouTube and you don't have to worry about timing.

The talky songs (So Whatcha Want, Visions etc.) award you flawless ratings if the microphone picks up ANY sound!

So you can hold the mic up to the speaker or you can have a telephone conversation with your mom and it'll still work. You can just hum into the mic with no tune and no timing, and you'll get the trophy.

Case in point: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/16/de...ocal-score-in/

Last edited by Vintsukka; 06-24-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Vintsukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:34 PM   #14
ConorBL2
Banned

Great guide! I would really, really, like to get into these type of music games. I played Guitar Hero at my friends house once, and I sucked. Was everyone like that when they started out playing these games?

These are Platinums I would love to pursue, but one major turn-off is the fact that you have to purchase a drum-set, a microphone, and a guitar; and the fact that they cost so much. Do any of the Guitar Hero games that support trophies, just need the guitar to Platinum?
ConorBL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:49 AM   #15
legndorock

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   5,000 Posts   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   A+ Thread Award   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Killzone Gaming Night Award   Bronze Submission

Unfotunatly all the usic games nowadays aside from singstar require the full set of instruments to platinum.

And about asking if everyone sucked when they started tbh yes. At least i did i started on easy and failing playing at my friend house but as we played it more i got to play on medium but thats where i peaked. Then when GH 3 came out i got it for myself and after alot of practice could do hard. Then expert just piles on after hard and to be honest if you can beat all the songs on hard you can beat most of the songs on expert.

Maybe give it a try maybe not but i certainly enjoy playing it. It jsut takes practice

Old 06-25-2009, 12:52 AM   #16
ConorBL2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by legndorock View Post
Maybe give it a try maybe not but i certainly enjoy playing it. It jsut takes practice
The only thing that's holding me back now, is the price. It's a steep price to pay for something you may not entirely like, though I'm not fussy, so I guess I'll like it, but still...

Also, I don't really have the room - my bedroom is small.

Thanks for your response...
ConorBL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:30 AM   #17
legndorock

Ya it does have a pretty hefty price tag thats why i got it for xmas i didnt buy it lol

Old 06-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #18
squodge

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConorBL2 View Post
Great guide! I would really, really, like to get into these type of music games. I played Guitar Hero at my friends house once, and I sucked. Was everyone like that when they started out playing these games?

These are Platinums I would love to pursue, but one major turn-off is the fact that you have to purchase a drum-set, a microphone, and a guitar; and the fact that they cost so much. Do any of the Guitar Hero games that support trophies, just need the guitar to Platinum?
Last year, I went to a model's house for a photoshoot (I'm a photographer), and she asked me if I wanted to play Guitar Hero 2. I said I didn't know what it was (I didn't have any consoles at that point except for my N64). She asked me if I were musical, and I said yeah I can play piano. So she started me on Medium, and after playing one song I said it was too easy (I scored 5 stars on my first ever attempt!). The thing is, these games are about hand-to-eye coordination. On piano, I can sight-read better than most pianists; also, on guitar, I can finger-pick using tablature better than many experienced guitarists, purely because I can translate notes "on the fly". It's actually not a musical skill; it's one of translating symbols into meaning.

The whole instrument set for RB or GH isn't expensive. If you get, say, 100 hours of play from RB2 (and there's no reason why that's an unrealistic figure), then the instruments plus the game probably comes to about 100 if you bought it now. That works out at 1 an hour for your entertainment - pretty cheap if you ask me. A pint in the pub costs 3 in London, and that lasts about... 20 minutes?

~ squodge ~
squodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #19
I_SLEEP_NOW_zZz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConorBL2 View Post

When I first started playing Guitar Hero I sucked. However if you keep on playing you'll get a lot better.It took me a month or so to make the switch from easy to expert.

As for the price...If you can wait until Christmas or your next birthday ask for the whole set of instruments.The price may be high,but from my experience,it's worth it.
Burnout Paradise (67%)
Eat Lead (100%)
Fallout 3 (100%)
inFAMOUS (100%)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (100%)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (73%)
I_SLEEP_NOW_zZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #20
jasonfweb

if you press the ps button is it considered pausing?
jasonfweb is offline   Reply With Quote