Say Hello to My Little Friend help?

zer0 sp

Ok, wow, I got it. Bare with me as I try to explain how and where I got it.

First off, use chapter select and go to Skyrig - Maximillian's Office. A bit of ways through this chapter, you will go through an air duct with fans. Skyler says something about Maximillian having had worked on a project to which Rochard replies that his dad worked with Maximillian. Now, you exit the air duct via two paths. Kill these two Skyrig police.

Take the next two elevators to the bottom, being careful not to kill these police. Take the power core and place it in the other socket, giving power to the elevator on the right side of the screen. Ride it up about half way and jump back across.

Grab the turret that is shooting at you. Now another police should have joined one of the others you didn't kill. Walk up to them with the turret in hand, but don't shoot it at them because it will kill them before the explosion, which I think won't qualify for the trophy. Simply let it explode in theirs and your face. Ding! Trophy time.

And that's how I got it. Any one else find a better spot? Post away.

Any place with 2 enemies and either a turret or flying bot works. If it's a flying bot, just grab it, smash it against a wall a couple times, and it will spark up and then explode in a few seconds. Not too bad, I think there's a decent section for it as you make your way towards Floyd in the vault (I believe right as you get the G-lifter upgrade to grab turrets).

Edited by Akari

Ok, wow, I got it. Bare with me as I try to explain how and where I got it.

First off, use chapter select and go to Skyrig - Maximillian's Office. A bit of ways through this chapter, you will go through an air duct with fans. Skyler says something about Maximillian having had worked on a project to which Rochard replies that his dad worked with Maximillian. Now, you exit the air duct via two paths. Kill these two Skyrig police.

Take the next two elevators to the bottom, being careful not to kill these police. Take the power core and place it in the other socket, giving power to the elevator on the right side of the screen. Ride it up about half way and jump back across.

Grab the turret that is shooting at you. Now another police should have joined one of the others you didn't kill. Walk up to them with the turret in hand, but don't shoot it at them because it will kill them before the explosion, which I think won't qualify for the trophy. Simply let it explode in theirs and your face. Ding! Trophy time.

And that's how I got it. Any one else find a better spot? Post away.

Right in the same area you are talking about, I found an easier way. At least, it was for me. Once you drop down from the vents, stand on the elevator and wait for the two guards to start chasing you. Use the elevator. Just to the left as you start going down the elevator, there is a turret on the ceiling. While you have low gravity held down, quickly grab the turret and jump back up towards the two guards. Shoot the turret near them and it should blow up, killing them both!

The two kills don't need to be human. I was with my best friend today as he was playing through the game, and right after getting the upgrade that allows you to grab turrets there are 3 turrets on the ceiling right next to each other. He grabbed the turret, waiting a few moments, and then jumped and then shot the turret back at the other two. Once the explosion destroyed the remaining two turrets at once, the trophy unlocked.

EDIT: And I just got the trophy as well in the same place, doing the same thing.

Edited by broodwars

Another good place is when you are waiting for Skylar to show up in the ship. Flying bots come from the upper sides and Skypolice come from elevators. I grabbed the first bot that came down on the left, hit it against the floor a few times, then grabbed it again just in time for two Skypolice to run right into me just as the bot exploded. It took a few times to get the timing right, but it's a decent spot since there are multiple enemies in close quarters.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I was wondering if anyone has found a good spot for this yet. And if it has to be a turret, flying bot or either.

To any others struggling; I got this trophy right away without any effort. It was my 2nd trophy. Right when you're told Zander is trapped you'd on a cargo lift that goes diagonally up and right. There are three droids buzzing around. It's not hard at all to manipulate them together and blow one up.. and kablooey... trophy

Edited by PurpleMonkeyD86

Any place with 2 enemies and either a turret or flying bot works. If it's a flying bot, just grab it, smash it against a wall a couple times, and it will spark up and then explode in a few seconds. Not too bad, I think there's a decent section for it as you make your way towards Floyd in the vault (I believe right as you get the G-lifter upgrade to grab turrets).

The two kills don't need to be human. I was with my best friend today as he was playing through the game, and right after getting the upgrade that allows you to grab turrets there are 3 turrets on the ceiling right next to each other. He grabbed the turret, waiting a few moments, and then jumped and then shot the turret back at the other two. Once the explosion destroyed the remaining two turrets at once, the trophy unlocked.

EDIT: And I just got the trophy as well in the same place, doing the same thing.

This is absolutely the best place to get this trophy since you don't have to worry about enemies moving around or how they will react to your presence. Thanks for the tips!

To clarify, the area that they are talking about is right after the G-Lifter is upgraded so that it can grab turrets. If you have already passed this part in the game, it can easily be found by using the replay feature from the main menu. You'll want to go Chapter 2, "Zeronimo", then select the second area "Two Brothers". After progressing through a couple of rooms, you'll come to the spot where you upgrade the G-Lifter.

In an area above the orange forcefield, there are three turrets on the ceiling, right next to each other. Just grab one of them on the end(by using the G-Lifter and pressing R2). Then launch it right back up at the other two(by holding R2 and aiming, then releasing R2). You may have to activate low gravity(by holding L1) to get it to go all the way up. Once it makes contact with one of the turrets, an explosion should occur which will destroy the other remaining turret. The trophy should then pop.

The nice thing about this area is that it is not far from a checkpoint. So, if you mess up or the trophy doesn't pop, just quit out of the game by using the XMB, then start the game again and choose "Continue". You should be fairly close to the location and within a minute or two of playing be able to get back to the same spot and try again.

Edited by vikebone

• 3 weeks later...
This is absolutely the best place to get this trophy since you don't have to worry about enemies moving around or how they will react to your presence. Thanks for the tips!

To clarify, the area that they are talking about is right after the G-Lifter is upgraded so that it can grab turrets. If you have already passed this part in the game, it can easily be found by using the replay feature from the main menu. You'll want to go Chapter 2, "Zeronimo", then select the second area "Two Brothers". After progressing through a couple of rooms, you'll come to the spot where you upgrade the G-Lifter.

In an area above the orange forcefield, there are three turrets on the ceiling, right next to each other. Just grab one of them on the end(by using the G-Lifter and pressing R2). Then launch it right back up at the other two(by holding R2 and aiming, then releasing R2). You may have to activate low gravity(by holding L1) to get it to go all the way up. Once it makes contact with one of the turrets, an explosion should occur which will destroy the other remaining turret. The trophy should then pop.

The nice thing about this area is that it is not far from a checkpoint. So, if you mess up or the trophy doesn't pop, just quit out of the game by using the XMB, then start the game again and choose "Continue". You should be fairly close to the location and within a minute or two of playing be able to get back to the same spot and try again.

This spot worked like a charm and is far easier than trying to manipulate droids and enemies in other areas of the game. Save yourself the headache and use this location.

• 10 months later...

I just got it and I didn't even have to do anything. I did it right at the end of Skyrig>Escape.

It's the part you have to fend off Skypolice for 60 seconds whilst you're waiting for Skylar to arrive.

What I did was waited behind the blue force field on the right and placed a heavy crate in front of me (theres one on the ledge above your head). Skypolice will come to the front of the crate but won't attack as there's a small dip in the floor and the crate will completely hide you. I had 5 skypolice just lining up in a row and eventually a droid will fall to the ground behind them, as it gets taken out by the laser above you. The droid exploded and killed all the Skypolice and the trophy popped. Probably the easiest way to do it.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the detailed description. This couldn't have been easier. Got it on my first try.

For me i did when going for the collectibles, saw a drone and on the floor below a turret and a soldier. Shoot the drone, putting him in the "explosion state", grabbed him, dropped in the floor below and hold it between the soldier and the turret until it exploded. Easy. :applause:

• 4 months later...