Rate the trophy difficulty  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.60

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think that 'say hello to my little friend' is the only slightly tricky trophy in the game, and there's even a helpful thread with good tips for it.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with the above post. You'll probably have to scan a few sections of the game for collectibles that are actually hidden and not in plain sight or obvious side paths, such as those in air ducts, yet it's still rather easy to find them all without a guide.

I'm giving this a 1. Now, I'd rate the fun factor a 9. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For me, this was a 3. Like others have said, the speedrun isn't really that difficult if you follow the tips in the trophy guide. It helps that you can pause the game and still view the room and the fact that if you really mess up you can quit out using the XMB and it won't count against you.

I got 95% of the collectibles and all of the upgrades without a guide; even the ones that I missed weren't hard to find with the use of the guide.

This was a really fun game and I enjoyed getting the 100%. Anyone should be able to complete it if they want to.

Edited by vikebone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

3/10

Not because it requires skill but because there are nearly 100 collectibles in a short game like this one, it is excessive. The hardest trophy -Speed run- is one of the easiest speed runs I've done, managed to keep the time under 1:58 which means it was nearly a 66% of use of the total time available, that margin gives a lot of space for big mess ups. Fun game, but small with lots of collectibles, you'll spend more than two thirds of your game time getting the related trophies.

Voted a 5. Nothing too difficult but it took me 3 and a half playthroughs to get all trophies.

One a and half was an entire playthrough and then to get all remaining collectibles, which I missed a ton of them. I had to re-do full levels and my total time for those runs were 10 hours. My first full run was 8 hours, so I totally sucked and it took me 20-30 minutes at a time to figure out how to get to most collectors, before I used a guide for my half-run.

The speed run took my two tries. The first run I wasn't quitting to XMB after I died at all and I was wasting 10-15 minutes in some rooms. My time after the first speedrun was 3:38 hours. Then on the next speedrun when I was making use of the XMB exploit I got a time of 2:28. A full hour saved. Just have no idea who I did it that way and wasted 6 hours when I could have done in in one run. :o

Giving this a 2. The initial playthrough is probably the hardest the game has to offer, since there's quite a bit of trial and error. Once you get through that, most of the difficulty is gone since you know how to do everything. Recoil jumping really cuts down the time it takes to bypass an area, and the speed run isn't that tough. Got 1:56:28 and even died a few times.

• 2 weeks later...

Voted a 5. There are trophies that aren't easily achieved especially Say Hello to My Little Friend which takes some luck to get. I got 2:49 for my speedrun which i did as my 1st playthrough and was close but good enough. The collectibles were just a chore and for those i had to use the written guide here which was great but some descriptions of the locations were vague. I couldnt find a youtube video guide for those collectibles :( Overall it was an easy game with some minor quirks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...