Robin complete guide

Dahlsim

Link edited, now shows the vids in order :)

@SillyLeprechaun : i found he plays a lot like Batman, but somehow it seems easier to have 4.000 bonus points. I tried to do the following in every combat :

Strike :square:

Counter :triangle:

Stun :circle:

Quick Shuriken :l1:

Evade :cross:,:cross: (and redirect, don't know if it counts for 2 moves)

:square: + :cross:

:circle: + :triangle:

Zip Kick :l1: + :triangle:

Aerial attack :circle:,:cross:,:cross:

Triple stun :circle:,:circle:,:circle:

Beatdown :circle:, :square:,:square:,:square:

Ground takedown :r2: + :triangle:

And you could even add

Explosive gel :l1: + :square:

Snap flash :l1: + :circle:

Quick bullet shield :r2:,:r2:

Edited by Dahlsim
list complete

Link edited, now shows the vids in order :)

@SillyLeprechaun : i found he plays a lot like Batman, but somehow it seems easier to have 4.000 bonus points. I tried to do the following in every combat :

Strike :square:

Counter :triangle:

Stun :circle:

Quick Shuriken :l1:

Evade :cross:,:cross: (and redirect, don't know if it counts for 2 moves)

:square: + :cross:

:circle: + :triangle:

Zip Kick :l1: + :triangle:

Aerial attack :circle:,:cross:,:cross:

Triple stun :circle:,:circle:,:circle:

Beatdown :circle:, :square:,:square:,:square:

Ground takedown :r2: + :triangle:

And you could even add

Explosive gel :l1: + :circle:

Snap flash :l1: + :square:

Don't forget his shield bash move. Every round I try to get the bonus for using 5 gadgets as it's an easy couple thousand points.

Edited by Attack-Trik

• 4 months later...

Am I the only one who isn't struggling with these combat challenges (any of them, not just Robin) at all? Actually, quite the opposite. I'm enjoying them very much. I got all Robin's combat challenges to 3 question marks with playing all the challenges just once. And I always topped the needed score with like 30 000 points.

I think they should have more challenge in them... Like Arkham Asylum had.

I was struggling with Robin's combat challenges back when I was playing this game, but I shelved it for a while after not being able to do any of the DLC challenge maps. How did you do the combat maps easily with Robin? Any tips/strategies?

If you can play with Batman, you can play with anyone. So if you already got the platinum (just assuming, won't bother to check right now), how can't you get the challenges done with Robin? I can't really give any specific tips. Just that if you can play with Batman, you can easily play with any other character since they have the same controls with just different animations and moves.

If you can play with Batman, you can play with anyone. So if you already got the platinum (just assuming, won't bother to check right now), how can't you get the challenges done with Robin? I can't really give any specific tips. Just that if you can play with Batman, you can easily play with any other character since they have the same controls with just different animations and moves.

Yes I did get the platinum, but only because I was able to get the combat challenges done with Batman thanks to Bat Swarm. I have to disagree with your statement that if you can play with Batman, you can play with anyone. Each character is unique, and their different movesets are what make this difficult. Without Bat Swarm, how is it possible to get the needed score to beat the combat challenges with the other characters?

Yes I did get the platinum, but only because I was able to get the combat challenges done with Batman thanks to Bat Swarm. I have to disagree with your statement that if you can play with Batman, you can play with anyone. Each character is unique, and their different movesets are what make this difficult. Without Bat Swarm, how is it possible to get the needed score to beat the combat challenges with the other characters?

Both robin and nightwing have substitutes for batswarm right?

Just [] + X.

In my experience they work just the same as batswarm.

Robin and Nightwing both have same controls as Batman, except they lack some moves like :square: + :triangle:. Robin has a move similiar to Bat Swarm and it's done with the same buttons as with Batman. He just trips everyone around him with his stick (lol, make a gay joke about Robin) or whatever that thing is he's carrying and you usually get 3-6 hits with each of those trip moves.

I forgot that you can play the combat with the lame way by just spamming Bat Swarm. No wonder you can't handle the other characters if you just jump around, make a strike, jump around, make a strike, jump... etc. and then do a Bat Swarm, and repeat. What's the fun part in that? What's so hard just to press :square: like 2 or 3 times before you make an counter with :triangle:, then continue with strikes or anything else. Then when you handle that kind of a basic thing, you can add on some finishing moves with :triangle: + :circle: - but beware! That calls for some mad skillz! (Not.)

• 2 weeks later...
I forgot that you can play the combat with the lame way by just spamming Bat Swarm. No wonder you can't handle the other characters if you just jump around, make a strike, jump around, make a strike, jump... etc. and then do a Bat Swarm, and repeat. What's the fun part in that? What's so hard just to press :square: like 2 or 3 times before you make an counter with :triangle:, then continue with strikes or anything else. Then when you handle that kind of a basic thing, you can add on some finishing moves with :triangle: + :circle: - but beware! That calls for some mad skillz! (Not.)

After reading people's comments this is how I started to feel. Did anyone earn the medals legit? Sure, the Bat Swarm is helpful, but as mentioned above, everyone has a substitute for it, and they all help you when you are feeling cornered.

For me Catwoman was the worst. Her Beatdown took longer to finish body armor guys, and if you weren't careful her Caltrops could mess up your combo if you knock too many people over. Plus she had less health.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
After reading people's comments this is how I started to feel. Did anyone earn the medals legit? Sure, the Bat Swarm is helpful, but as mentioned above, everyone has a substitute for it, and they all help you when you are feeling cornered.

For me Catwoman was the worst. Her Beatdown took longer to finish body armor guys, and if you weren't careful her Caltrops could mess up your combo if you knock too many people over. Plus she had less health.

I don't even see how bat swarm is helpful. Dodging and beatdowns seems much easier to me.

On topic, Robin truly sucks. He is basically a shitty version of Batman with bunch of watered down moves, but i guess that is pretty spot on in a way. Unlike Catwoman and Nightwing, he doesn't have quicker movement to outweigh the limitations these characters have when compared to Batman and i absolutely hate playing combat challenges with him.

EDIT: Now that i'm finally done with challenges i still hate Robin.

Catwoman, Batman and Nightwing are pretty equal in combat maps besides Catwomans low health being hindrance every now and then, but robin is miles behind. Maybe it boils down to my style of doing huge amount of beatdowns, but slow first hit, slow and narrow stun and enemies suffering very little knockback from both stuns and strikes really made it painful.

Predator maps were by far easiest with Batman with Nightwing following, both Robin and Catwoman had several pain in the ass predator maps. So overall from easiest to hardest; Batman -> Nightwing -> Catwoman -> Robin.

Edited by DeividHasselhoff

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Thanks for the video guide. I will definitely need this. 

I recently went for the 100% on Return to Arkham Asylum and age finally started to show for the free-flow and camera mechanics on that game. I remembered how Arkham City had improved on this, but the early rooms in the combat challenges never seem to have enough enemies. 

My first attempt with Robin got me 19K points, but the plan is to use Robin, then Catwoman, Nightwing and then Batman for the combat challenges. I want to get these out of the way first as the free-flow combat is my least favourite part of the franchise. Great for the first game, but it soon starts to look more like Batman Rhythm. So I save the predator stuff for last as I love those. 

As for the campaigns. I heard you only get a certain amount of attempts. So if you fail the 3 attempts what is it that happens and would USB backups be a good idea for this part of the game?