How to get Keep it Up and Combo Master trophies (DLC) (video guide)

TrophyQuest

Method was found by Harry94 and video and gameplay was recorded by me.

Harry94 can use the video guide in his trophy guide if he thinks it's good enough and I hope that it helps out some people to achieve these two frustrating trophies.

Part 1 = [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SrcY5YPQmU]Dead Nation Keep it Up & Combo Master Part 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Part 2 = [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-A0YN1surM]Dead Nation Keep it Up & Combo Master Part 2 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

thanks man! i should have alot less trouble with it now

EDIT: what in the world are you upgrading? you go so fast its just a blur

EDIT 2: i dont mean to be mean but the guides not helpful because of the motion blur as your upgrading weapons. ive been trying to start and stop the video but your still moving too quickly its just a bunch of blur

Edited by badass-D

Yeah watch it in 480p and you shouldn't get as much blur, I know it's not the best quality but I did my best and I hope you get your trophies though.

edit: Read youtube description of my videos, if you still can't see, I upgrade as much as I can with the SMG and I upgrade the flare a bit, I buy the turret and get the medikit at round 3.

Edited by TrophyQuest

Yeah watch it in 480p and you shouldn't get as much blur, I know it's not the best quality but I did my best and I hope you get your trophies though.

edit: Read youtube description of my videos, if you still can't see, I upgrade as much as I can with the SMG and I upgrade the flare a bit, I buy the turret and get the medikit at round 3.

i just got both of them thank you. finished with 104 kills per minute. just squeezed by. i kept starting and stopping the video and followed as much as i could that you upgraded. had to do it a few times. worked out in the end. thanks

great technique, I used this to get my 150kills combo.

Some notes for improvement though:

You dont need to upgrade your smg to the max on ammo, save some money to upgrade your turrets instead. As it will be much safer to have 2-3 turrets with decent ammo capacity at the fight.

As many have said, good video. I guess Romero's proud of me again, got the 100% just now. Having got the platinum with no guide, I really didn't want to follow one for this DLC, but I got the Combo Master in round 9, had my Kills per min at some crazy #, like 178 or something. Oddly the combo trophy unlocks without requiring you to "clear round" yet keep it up doesn't as I died in the 10th arena, and I was more than frustrated. Saw this and had no problem. Anyways, I guess that's my very protracted way of saying thanks!

I have just bought the DLC. Where do I need to start watching from because part 1 of 1 didn't look important to follow for the trophies. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I myself thought it would been better if the video just showed the one round where the trophies were earned. We don't really need to see the rounds leading up to it. A short text description would suffice. For example: Round 1--cash; Round 2--mines; Round 3--health; Round 4--score.

The method didn't work for me :confused:

I followed the video exactly but when I got to the final score zone, there weren't enough zombies on the other side of the gate. I got my combo score up to about 120 but that was it. There was 1 mouth left you wasn't screaming to spawn more, it just stood there.

EDIT: Fail on attempt number 2, but I think this time it was pure bad luck. There was one of those jumping grey things on the other side of the gate. It kept jumping and therefore killing the mouths so they couldn't spawn enough zombies in time.

EDIT 2: This method is so hit and miss. This time only 2 of the mouths turned up. After I got to 104 and there were no more enemies, the other 2 turn up. Typical. Hate this goddamn trophy.

Edited by Leicester_Lad_93

I slightly altered the method in the video:

Round 1 - Money - upgrade the SMG

Round 2 - Turret

Round 3 - Money - Upgrade SMG, Turrets and Flares to max

Round 4 - Trophy

As Soon as I got inside the final fight zone, I deployed all 4 turrets on gap between the 2 conveyer belts, then threw a flare to the middle - this drew the infected right into a massacre, allowing me to trigger the wave near the end early. Once they were all dead, it was easy to just focus on the lot behind the wall

Round 2 - Turret

Round 4 - Trophy

As Soon as I got inside the final fight zone, I deployed all 4 turrets on gap between the 2 conveyer belts, then threw a flare to the middle - this drew the infected right into a massacre, allowing me to trigger the wave near the end early. Once they were all dead, it was easy to just focus on the lot behind the wall

Got it first try with this method, thanks very much :D

Round 2 - Turret

Round 4 - Trophy

Got it first try with this method, thanks very much :D

I could never got past 110 KPM with the method followed in the videos, but after doing it with randomguy666's alteration to that video, I got it on the 2nd try.

Like Leicester, I want to thank you very much as well! This was a frustrating trophy, so think I'm just gonna shoot for the Co-op trophy down the line with either an online buddy or have my brother come by to help me with it. Forget the Level 10 trophy :mad:

Round 2 - Turret

Round 4 - Trophy

Combo Master, got it with your method in the first try. Thanks you so much. Was trying the original method for 5 times, but not working for 150 combo, only got the 100 kills per minute.

p.s there is one time I held a jumper outside the wall with two mouth, WTF :mad:.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...