Dead Nation: Road of Devastation DLC ~ Trophy Guide & Road Map

Harry94_

UspFj52.png

Found this guide via a google search? Not a registered member? Then why not

Join the forum!. Please do not steal/paraphrase this guide and post it on another site. If I find this content posted anywhere but ps3trophies.org then action will be taken. If you see this content posted anywhere else let me or the staff here know. Thanks

Roadmap

Overview

• Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 7/10
  • Trophy Breakdown: 6
  • Offline Trophies: 6 (3(B), 2(S), 1(G))
  • Online Trophies: 0
  • Approximate Time to 100%: Greatly depends on skill, 5 - 10hrs
  • Missable Trophies: 0
  • Glitched Trophies: None
  • Minimum Number of Playthroughs: Round Based Game
  • Cheat Codes Disable Trophies? No cheats

The first installment of DLC for Dead Nation, it sees the player being put though a survival test to make experiments or something. The aim of the game is to survive as long as you can while choosing routes which you want to go down, the first 3 paths are weapons, health and money, supplies and score. The rest branch out from these choices. Slashers are very very dangerous they basically one hit kill you in the higher rounds and they charge very fast. Make sure you take them out ASAP. DON'T go down the score route, it's the hardest route and grants you nothing in the way of weapons etc, go down this route if you want to get the combo and kill per minute trophies.

Walkthrough

Step 1 - Reach round 10 (Solo)

Firstly you will want to go though the "Money" door, make sure you collect all the $ boxes some are hidden like the one in the very top right corner under a plant. You should finish the first round with around 300000+ money. You will want to FULLY upgrade your Rifle and upgrade your flares all but the last upgrade on duration and all of the upgrades on inventory. It will be much easier with a fully upgraded rifle. For round 2 go though the "weapons" door. You will want to get all the boxes in this room so make sure to search everywhere. I got the "Rocket Launcher" from the weapon shop as it is very useful if you use it with your flares. Now for the 3rd round you will want to go though the "Armour" door which is the door to your right. You will want to get to set up this armour combination:

Protosuit #2

Protosuit #2

Protosuit #2

This will make you be able to run faster and will save you a lot of the time. For Round 4 you will want to get "Mines", these are very very helpful when you encounter a huge group of zombies. For the next round I went back down the money route so I could fully upgrade my mines. Remember when you go down the "Health" route to collect the special healthpack, this is new to dead nation and works like a supply, you press :l1: at anytime and you get a full health boost, make sure you save it for the end battle of each round. info has also written a very useful route to take, all credit to info:

I just 100% Dead Nation. The DLC is completely soloable. Here are some tips:

Never Give Up:

Round 1: Money - Upgrade your SMG to max

Round 2: Turret

Round 3: Money - Upgrade Flare, Turret

Round 4: Mine

Round 5: Money - Save for Shocker

Round 6: Shocker

Round 7: Health

Round 8: Weapon whatever

Round 9: Health

Round 10: Supplies - in my opinion supplies is easier than weapon. your choice

Round 11: Health

etc...

SMG is very powerful. At the end of each round just spam 2 or 3 turrets and mines then get in corner. Jumpers and Slashers will rarely get through your defense. If they do get through just dash out. Watch out for your own mines.

Dynamic Duo: (2 controllers)

Upgrade max fire rate for Rifle, and use the health round. Move slowly. There is only one time the enemies will come behind. Note down that place and you will get this very easily.

Keep It Up

Round 1: Money - Upgrade max SMG (no need for max power), don't do anything to Rifle or Flare

Round 2: Weapon - Shocker

Round 3: Money - Upgrade Shocker (I didn't have enough money for max clip, but it didn't matter)

Round 4: Multiplier - RUSH WITH SHOCKER (spin 360 degree as you move). Lure 2 or 3 Screamers, let them scream and spin shocker. Shocker won't kill screamers, so you can just spin it as much as you want. Don't hang around this area too much. Save about 300 shots for the last area. Use SMG to kill Slashers. I finished with 150 kill-per-min.

If this isn't working for you, try this additional method mentioned in the quote below, credit to Cloud-Loku

Round 10 (solo) at the second try :dance:

I follow this path:

Round 1 -Money

Round 2 -Weapon (Granade Launcher)

Round 3 -Money

Round 4 -Supplies (Turret)

Round 5 -Health

Round 6 -Supplies (Mine)

Round 7 -Health

Round 8 -Supplies (Granade)

Round 9 -Health

:D

By the end of this step you should have Still in the Game and Never Give Up

Step 2: Exogate chests, Co-op and miscellaneous trophies in Arcade mode

The latest patch added an 'Arcade Mode' to this DLC. What that means is you can play but you have checkpoints, you can only reach round 6 though so you cannot use this to reach round 10. Exogate chests are the round chests that can be found in each of the routes, they are pretty easy to find this will net you the Found 'Em trophy, you hit them to get the loot out of them. The next thing you will want to do is play local or coop, you can find coop partners in the Trophy Boosting Thread or if you have somebody to play it local with you, this will get you the Dynamic Duo. The other trophies you will want to get in this step are Combo Master and Keep it up

Edited by Terminator
Replaced a missing banner.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/592/36.jpgStill In the Game (B)

Survive to Round 5

Pretty simple, just reach round 5. The trophy will pop when you reach round 5. For tips please take a look at the roadmap. You can achieve this in Arcade Mode if you want. Simply start that up and select 'Braindead' difficulty. This will make reaching round 5 a cakewalk.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/592/37.jpgNever Give Up (G)

Survive to Round 10

This is hard. The best tip I can give you is to take it slowly. There's no time limit so it doesn't matter how long it takes. Another tip I can give you is never go down the score route. I found this to be the hardest route of them all because of the huge screamer things that take a lot to kill. For more info please refer to the roadmap.

The main things you want to worry about are the slashers. These will one-hit kill you in the later rounds and a few will spawn each round. They are dropped in pods and you don't want to be under these when that happens because that will also instakill you. The easiest way I found was to throw a few mines down and guide them into the mines, this killed them most of the time. If you don't have any mines then use the rifle or the rocket launcher from afar. When they start charging just dash out of their way and run for your life. The other zombies don't pose too much of a threat, for the bombers you can just dash into them and they explode instantly and you don't get hurt as you were dashing. Try to use these zombies as a weapon to kill other zombies. The trophy will pop when you reach round 10, you don't need to complete round 10.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/592/38.jpgKeep It Up (S)

Complete a Round with a Kills-per-minute ratio of 100 or more

This is another hard trophy; you need to average 100 kills a minute. The only way to get to 100 is to take it as fast as you can. Don't stop and search for crates, just get the crates that are in your path. You don't want to waste time. If you're taking every round very fast you will get this trophy. The best gun to use is a fully upgraded SMG as this really quickly kills the weaker zombies. You will want to try this on round 5+ as there's nowhere near as many zombies on the previous rounds. You will want to rush every area with the SMG and launcher to grant you quick kills. info has provided some useful tips for this trophy, more details in the roadmap. There is another very useful method which I have written in the Combo Master description which can net you both the silver trophies in one go. You can now get this trophy in arcade mode, which makes things easier as if you fail then you can revert back to a checkpoint just before. Remember to select braindead difficulty as it makes things easier.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/592/39.jpgCombo Master (S)

Get the Apocalypse Combo Kill Bonus (150 Kills)

I have found a flawless method of getting this trophy and it will work all the time if you don't mess up. Firstly you will want to go down the score route on round 4 as this will ONLY work on round 4+, make sure you kill nothing, don't kill a single zombie once entering the score area. There will be 1 mouth near the bridge and one just above the bridge, make it so both of them scream, run across the bridge and do the same with the other mouths. Now you will want to run all the way to the end and though the door, don't kill anything remember. Complete the final fight at the end. You will notice that the mouths are on the other side of the door you came through, they will all be screaming which will spawn hundreds of zombies mainly on their side but also your own, the zombies on the other side CANNOT hurt you so you can keep meleeing them though the door. There will be a lot more than 150 zombies if you did the method right. This can also get you the 100 kills per minute trophy if you're quick enough therefore netting you both silver trophies at once. TrophyQuest has made a video guide explaining my method in-depth, it can be found here. You can now get this trophy in arcade mode, which makes things easier as if you fail then you can revert back to a checkpoint just before. Remember to select braindead difficulty as it makes things easier.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/592/40.jpgDynamic Duo (B)

Complete a Round in Co-Op Without Either Player Taking Damage

This trophy can be annoying if you or your partner are not very good at avoiding zombies. Make sure you do this in the first round for minimal zombies. I took the money and health route for this trophy as the hedges really slow down the zombies and make it easier to kill them. Make sure you stick together too and try and do it local if possible as you have much better communication with your partner. If any player is hit you will not earn the trophy. If this happens, restart. If you have the patch installed you can do this on 'Arcade Mode' which makes the trophy very easy. Simply load that up and select braindead difficulty. The zombies will be very slow and easy to kill on this difficulty. The trophy will unlock after you complete the round.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/592/41.jpgFound 'Em (B)

Find all the Egogate emblems

There are 9 egogate emblems in total, each one is on each of the routes. 1 is on each of the start paths, 1 are in each of the paths branching off from these paths. They are big circle domes that you open by hitting them. You DO NOT need to collect them all in one game, the game remembers if you have got them. You can also get this trophy in 'Arcade Mode'.

1. Money + health main route: The emblem is just past the red car, go left and smash the hedges to get to the area

25XS732.jpg

2. Money Sub route: In the very top left corner of the huge hedge area, hidden underneath some hedges. Smash hedges to reveal emblem.

a5J72XQ.jpg

3. Health Sub route: After the long road which is scattered with plants you will see a train thing at the end, smash the plants to reveal an entrance though the train, go though the entrance.

0KZEmoz.jpg

4. Guns and Supplys Main Route: Just before you choose which sub route to take, go down past the lorry/semi pickup, it's at the end of the alley.

2OToUTP.jpg

5. Guns Sub Route: In the area where the weapon shop is there's a blue bus surrounded by two police cars. Make your way down the alley next to it.

WQHDaBK.jpg

6. Supply's Sub Route: You will eventually come to 2 breakable gates, smash the fenced one on the left, go down the alley to the left of this gate. There's an exploding zombie so beware on the higher rounds.

Ov3fiNw.jpg

7. Armour and Score Main Route: As soon as you enter go up and walk against the buildings, you will come to a huge steel wall with plants next to it, smash the plants to reveal alleyway.

2Nz3FzN.jpg

8. Armour Main Route: Once you get past the flamethrowers you will cone to a narrow alley in which many weak zombies run at you. On your left there's another alley, go down there to find the emblem. You get ambushed down there so watch out on higher rounds.

ytxdzMg.jpg

9. Score Main Route: Once your in this area you will have to walk up to advance in the round, you're going to want to go down. There's a few plants you need to smash to access the area. There's about 10 zombies in there.

c4TIsVk.jpg

Edited by Slamma
Restore missing images

How would you compare the difficulty of the DLC to getting the Platinum for the main game? I got the plat without too much bother and just wondered if this would be any tougher.

On round 9 it's like grim difficulty. However the thing that I find makes this game hard is the slashers, if they weren't in it then it then I could get to maybe round 15.

UPDATE: Picture + Guide of the egogate emblems is in the spoiler tag below the trophy, enjoy :)

Thx for the guide, just 2 questions:

1. If you die in any round you need to begin from round 1 again? Or you continue from the round you lost? =P

2. How much time (aprox) it takes to pass the 10 rounds?

Thx!

1. If you die you got to round 1 and lose all your stuff

2. It took me 1hr and a half but I was taking it nice and slowly trying not to die and I was egogate searching and collecting loot.

You could get it down to 1hr if you really tried

Hey, just thought I'd share a very easy way to get the 150 combo kills trophy. Works great in coop and it might work great in solo too. I got this trophy on round 2. On round one, upgrade nothing but your smg. Then go the money\money route. Then spend more money upgrading it again. Don't worry about power, just max ammo and clip. On round 2, take the points route, then multiplier. When you get to your first mouth, let him spawn more and then run across the bridge to another mouth. The trick to getting it done easy is by killing the things it spawns gradually but not too quick. That way the mouth carries on spawning more and more. I had a 200+ combo doing this. Many people have said you need higher rounds for this trophy. But you don't. Follow this and you should get it by round 2 easily. Hope this helps!! :)

The best solo way to get the combo master trophy is to go through the money route first round, you should end up with 350K if you get all the crates... Then upgrade the rifle to max and the flare inventory to max, but have duraction on the 3rd upgrade. Then get the mine the 2nd round and upgrade that to max. now for the 3rd round go through the armor and score route and simply run to the armor ramp and try not to kill any zombies so they follow you over the ramp (don't bother upgrading your armor). Throw a flare before heading into the fire and throw a mine when you reach the top corner, then throw a flare by the health machine and a mine in the alley way, now use rush to get out of it's radius and throw a flare before turning left and when they rush out of the building throw another mine and use rush again towards the wall-saw and just shoot them if you haven't reached Apocolypse kill streak... I did this my first try of thinking about this and i got a 151 kill streak with a few zombies spare. I also advise shooting a few zombies while no mine explosions are going off and advancing to the next position to drop the mines/flares just incase the kill streak ends. Hope this helps :)

Edited by joseph1

OMG I just found a really really really easy way how to get combo master, this is how I did it:

I was just messing around trying to get a high score, on round 4 I went down the score path with the mouths. I was really low on health so I dealt with the slashers/cutters and ran for my life not attacking or killing anything. The door opens at the end regardless of zombies. I dealt with everything in the final room and realised the mouths were pressing against the door, there was about 4 of them screaming away which made hundreds of zombies behind the door. Go up to the door (don't worry they can't hurt you) and keep meleeing the door, this will kill the weaker zombies on the other side in one shot regardless of armour. I managed to get a 174 killcombo here before the zombies ran out and the mouths stopped screaming.

Could anybody else try this method and see it it works for them? because I'm not sure if I got lucky or not. If it's works this is a flawless method of getting 150 kill combo

OMG I just found a really really really easy way how to get combo master, this is how I did it:

I was just messing around trying to get a high score, on round 4 I went down the score path with the mouths. I was really low on health so I dealt with the slashers/cutters and ran for my life not attacking or killing anything. The door opens at the end regardless of zombies. I dealt with everything in the final room and realised the mouths were pressing against the door, there was about 4 of them screaming away which made hundreds of zombies behind the door. Go up to the door (don't worry they can't hurt you) and keep meleeing the door, this will kill the weaker zombies on the other side in one shot regardless of armour. I managed to get a 174 killcombo here before the zombies ran out and the mouths stopped screaming.

Could anybody else try this method and see it it works for them? because I'm not sure if I got lucky or not. If it's works this is a flawless method of getting 150 kill combo

I can confirm that this does work. Matter of fact I had it where the screamers would release zombies on the same side of the wall as me and they would keep coming.

I can confirm that this does work. Matter of fact I had it where the screamers would release zombies on the same side of the wall as me and they would keep coming.

Awesome, ill put it in the trophy guide now. I had them appearing on my side of the fence aswell lol

I suggest anybody who hasn't already got the trophy to use this method

Awesome, ill put it in the trophy guide now. I had them appearing on my side of the fence aswell lol

I suggest anybody who hasn't already got the trophy to use this method

For some reason, I can only get one screamer to come up to the wall. I've tried running around to get the attention of the other screamers (I so far have only seen 3) but they never seem to follow up to the "final" area where I can try this.

I just got this to work for me as well, but in round 5. I tried to do it in rounds 1 and 3 as well in that same run, but both times I only got one Mouth to follow me to the gate though I ran through the level triggering all of them. Maybe it takes until at least round 4 to get enough of them in that path that leads to the gate to follow you.