Demon Child

Cammoss

For those of you who believe that this trophy is out of reach, one of my friends has this trophy and has 100% completed the trophy set for this game.

I can't offer any more hints on how to achieve this trophy, other than it is pure luck and patience. I'd probably already have this trophy if it wasn't for the fact that there is a 50% chance of my opponent rolling a six when I roll 3-4 sixes on attacking. It's frustrating to see 3 sixes come up and look at the defensive dice and seeing a six.

If playing Risk: Factions, I'd suggest attempting to meet the requirements for the extra attacking dice if trying for this trophy. It seems that a Super Overkill occurs only once every 100-1000 dice rolls, considering each player averages the same amount of numbers rolled on any dice rolls in a single game as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Cammoss

Hey guys,

I got advise for this one from the board over at gamefaq's. You will need a second controller to do this.

Essentially what you should do is start up a 3 player game on the classic risk map but have the second controller be one of the players. Once the game starts work with your second controller to kill off the computer player which shouldn't take too long. This will leave just you and your second controller player left.

Have yourself take the objective which gives you a card for doing nothing and maybe another objective in the process. You will also want to get the attack die objective as this is crucial for pulling this off. Make sure that the 2nd player doesn't get the defence die as it will also make this harder. If this puts you or your controlled player at 3 objectives make sure you take his capital and he takes yours as otherwise the game will be over.

At this point you should take over north america and have your controlled player take over everything else (minus capitals as previously stated). If done right, you will continue to get stars as you have the guaranteed card objective plus bonus armies for north america to the tune of around 15 or so per turn. Your controlled player meanwhile will be getting at least 30 armies each turn as he owns major areas of land.

The key now is to keep putting these armies on his territories in a line that you can work your way through. For me I had lots of armies in central america and worked my way through south america, africa and into asia.

Once you get around 5 or 6 hundred armies and he has at least 100 armies on at least 10 territories (fewer if you already have some super overkills, I needed 6) you can let the slaughter begin :dance:

Since there are so many armies on each territory, battles will take awhile but around halfway through or so you will get the super overkill and win the territory. Note that this can be done in fast battles which speeds it up big time. You can also increase your chances of a super overkill happening by putting more than 100 armies on each territory but of course this will take longer.

It takes a bit of time to set up but this was the best way I found to get this done. Good luck with it and if this isn't very clear just let me know.

Thanks again for the help Cam! :)

I just finally got this trophy after 30 hrs... Not much.... My tip would be to get about forty troops plus an attack die. Let the Cpu stack up to about 15-20. Then fast battle them. You have about a 30% of getting it. And yes simming the roll and get a superoverkill do count towards trophy.

You can get this in one custom "world conquest" game by cornering the cpu into one territory and repeatedly attacking them. It helps if you have the extra attack die and keep the enemy territory with about 10 or less armies. They will only get 3 every turn and you'll be getting 20-30. Just remember that a super overkill takes 5 of their armies away, so you should keep them above that. Don't do fast battles or it will just keep going until you wipe them out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I received this trophy through the normal course of play, although it should be easy to get farming for it by stacking troops next to another large stack when you have the attack die and fast battling. You should get one for every 70-80 rolls this way on average.

I received this trophy through the normal course of play, although it should be easy to get farming for it by stacking troops next to another large stack when you have the attack die and fast battling. You should get one for every 70-80 rolls this way on average.

It's actually easier to farm if you have a big group of troops and then you barrel through a bunch of one troop territories. This is just to limit the chance of the opponent rolling a 6 and messing you up.

I got this trophy relatively quickly (in a single albeit somewhat long game).

What I did was play on the CLASSIC RISK MAP using the new ruleset (so you can get the attacking and defending die) and world conquest type.

I played the game until I had got the attacking AND defending die and then took over pretty much the whole map but did not finish off the opponent.

I then would just pull back into Europe and let the opponent rebuild while I simply left my 200+ armies in Europe. As soon as the opponent is somewhat established, I just swipe through all of the continents using :square: to skip the battle views (you will still get credit). For me, I actually got the trophy mostly from fighting my 50+ army against their 20+ army. Statistically, this isn't the ideal way to go, but time-wise it will actually be faster.:applause:

Took me about 2 hours to get my last 5 Super Overkills so maybe about 4 hours for all 10.

• 1 year later...

I did the same way as MG (though I gave P2 the guaranteed cards to rebuild quicker), only got 4 through normal play, once set-up I got 2 out of 4 attacks (400-500+ vs 100), then my last 4 out of 11 attacks (300-450 vs 100+). Obviously Risk is a luck-based game, but I really hate totally luck-based trophies. Forgot to time it so can't comment on that, but it does seem around 30-40% (I think, I'm shocking at mathematics:whistle:)