Risen 2: Dark Waters ~ Trophy Guide and Road Map (+DLCs)

dcollins22

http://i.imgur.com/yVjs2j3.png

Not a registered member of playstationtrophies.org? Found this guide via a Google search?

You should consider joining the forums. If you do join the forums due to this guide, it would be greatly appreciated if you would give the author, dcollins22, a referral.

http://i.imgur.com/Rkb5FFw.png

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10 (Platinum Difficulty Thread)
  • Offline trophies: 57 (46(B), 8(S), 2(G), 1(P))
  • Online trophies: None
  • Approximate amount of time to 100% Platinum: 50-60 hours
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1.5+
  • Number of missable trophies: Many, see the missable trophy section below.
  • Glitched trophies: There are many glitches in the game but not for specific trophies, refer to the 'Glitches' section below for more info.
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No, you can obtain every trophy on Easy difficulty.
  • Do trophies stack?: N/A
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: N/A

http://i.imgur.com/InTHCKx.png

Risen 2: Dark Waters is a single-player fantasy/pirate themed RPG. It was published by Deep Silver in 2012 and is the sequel to the original "Risen" by Piranha Bytes. The game sees the return of the Unnamed Hero as he travels between the Islands of the Southern ocean tracking down monstrous beasts and causing havoc to the games inhabitants. The game is full of mythical beasts, gods and voodoo magic!

Before I begin the walkthrough, there are a few aspects of the game that I want to point out. The step-by-step walkthrough is below, however, you should first be aware of glitches, Save file management/issues and missable trophies as well as general information about the game. Please take the time to read the guide as a whole as it will significantly help you towards obtaining the platinum trophy and 100% completion.

General Information and Introduction to the game:

Please read the General Information section before starting out as it will detail the various parts of the game which will help you obtain the platinum, as well as save you a lot of time. It also serves as a good reference guide whilst playing the game. The only additional point I will make here is that you will need a walkthrough for almost all the quests in the game as the majority are quite difficult in regards to figuring out what to actually do. You are often not given much direction both in geographical location or in regards to the tasks you must perform, the link to the walkthrough can be found below. The walkthrough is linked again for various quest related trophies throughout the guide. It also has useful information on items, collectibles and other aspects of the game: Risen 2: Dark Waters Game Guide & Walkthrough

Missable trophies and save game information:

There are numerous missable trophies in this game depending on how you play through it. If you make multiple saves at the points identified below then you should be fine, otherwise more then half the trophies are missable. All the attribute related trophies are missable i.e. the Learn everything about... trophies so refer to All-Rounder for a description on how to get them all at once by utilizing a Save and reload method. This will save you potentially 3 playthroughs of the game. There is only one quest related trophy that is missable which is Detective (refer to its description in the guide for further information). All trophy related stats (e.g. kills, locks picked, treasures etc) carry over between playthroughs even though there is no new game plus, however, I advise utilizing the save and reload method described in the Kleptomaniac trophy description to get these trophies out of the way early on. Other then that as long as you make a save before sailing to the Water Temple, you will be able to go back and get pretty much every trophy. If all else fails and you miss certain trophies on your first playthrough, you can clean these up on your second playthrough.

You can only have 8 Saves at one time. I have carefully explained when you should make new Saves in the below section, however, to reiterate the importance of this I will list the 8 Save files I created. Furthermore, I will explain when and where you will create them in order to eliminate any confusion over the matter.

• Save game 1 - Main Save for playthrough 1 (see Step 1 in the roadmap below).
  • Save game 2 - Create a new Save at the end of Step 1 before you choose to side with either the Voodoo or the Inquisition. This will be your second playthrough which you will reload for Step 4 in the Road Map below.
  • Save game 3 - This is the same as Save file 2. I created another backup just in case.
  • Save game 4 - Create a new Save before departing for the Water Temple as this is the point of no return (refer to Step 3 in the Road Map).
  • Save game 5 - Create a new Save before starting the Air Temple DLC (refer to Step 4 in the Road Map below and the trophy descriptions in the guide for further information).
  • Save game 6 - I used this Save when grinding out kills for the Big Game Hunter - Treasures for the Digger, locks for Kleptomaniac, and all skill related trophies. Refer to their respective descriptions for more information, especially Kleptomaniac for how to use the Save and reload method to grind these trophies.
  • Save game 7 - Spare Save for your main game playthrough
  • Save game 8 - Spare Save for Save file 5 or 6 if need be.

Note: This game has Locked Saves which means you cannot back them up to a USB drive without having to backup your entire Hard Drive. The only way you can back them up is by saving them to the PS+ Save file Cloud. Although none of my Save files were corrupted, I did have to perform a hard reset of my PS3 a few times when the game froze. For more information on Locked Saves, consult this thread by Terminator: PS3T's Official Locked Saves and Other Info Thread

Glitches:

Glitches, freezing and bugs are the biggest downfall of this otherwise amazing game. The most annoying thing about them is that the way that effect each player is different. Some players have experienced consistent freezing and frame rate issues, whilst others have experienced major glitches where NPCs have become invisible or completely disappeared making the current quest (and potentially the game) impossible to complete. For this reason I am not going to list every glitch or issue experienced by players, instead I will discuss the issues I had and link to another thread where people are discussing their own problems with the game.

Your game is going to freeze at one point or another in the game. For me it happened around a dozen times, mainly during fights with tough enemies or when I was fighting more then one. For example: I suffered a lot of freezes whilst working through the enemies on the Isle of the Dead, in particular when fighting the Guardians. If my game didn't freeze during these events, then I experienced major frame rate issues where the game was almost non-playable. Although I didn't try this myself, people have suggested turning off the Auto-Save and turning down the in-game brightness. Be warned though if you turn off the Auto-Save because if you die you have to reload a previous Save as there are no checkpoints. For this exact reason I highly advise to get in the habit early on of Saving often and having a few Saves going and rotate between them (see above for more information) that way if the game freezes, you die or you encounter some impassable bug or glitch then you can reload a previous save and you won't lose much progress.

If you're planning on getting 100% completion in this game then it's worth noting that the DLCs are just as, if not more, glitchy than the main game so Save often and keep multiple saves. For information on specific glitches for the DLC refer to their respective sections in the guide below. This thread: Glitches to know about? is worth reading before starting this game so you are aware of potential issues and prevent yourself from losing a lot of progress.

Edited by dcollins22
Editorial Sweep.

http://i.imgur.com/5ANozbF.png

Step 0 - Optional:

Buy the 'A Pirate's Clothing' DLC from the PSN Store. There are no trophies associated with this but it will slightly reduce the time to platinum as it gives you a special ring that increases the rate at which you accumulate Glory (XP) by 5%. You are also given a pistol which is very helpful early on in the game.

Note: You need the 1.01 patch installed before you can play the DLCs.

Step 1 - Play through the game until you have to choose sides:

At a certain point in the game, around 10 hours in depending on many quests you do, you will have to side with either the Inquisition or the Natives whilst on The Sword Coast Island. You make this decision during the quest 'The Titan Weapon'.

[spoiler=abc]Once you kill Basil the Pirate at the Pirates Outpost and return and report to Sebastian at Puerto Isabella, you will be given the choice to side with him against Crow or if you speak to Chani at Shaganumbi Village you can choose to side with the Natives.

When you get to this stage make a new Save before making your decision, because maxing out your firearm and voodoo skills in the one playthrough is impossible. Pirate With Muskets and Voodoo Pirate are also impossible to obtain on a single playthrough as they are story related missions that only unlock depending on which of the two factions you side with on your first playthrough. The option to choose which side is clearly stated in the dialogue but can be overlooked so make sure you are paying attention to what options you are choosing. Up until you reach this Step make sure you have earnt as much Glory as you can by defeating as many enemies as possible and completing all available quests to this point, this will reduce the amount of grinding required to earn enough Glory to max out either the voodoo or firearm attribute on your second playthrough. You will reload your second playthrough Save for Step 5. I advise siding with the Natives for your first full playthrough as Bladed weapons are much easier to use against opponents then firearms. Furthermore the Master trainer for firearms appears earlier in the game then voodoo, which will make your second playthrough slightly shorter.

For a list and walkthrough of the quests, see the game guide here: Risen 2: Dark Waters Game Guide & Walkthrough

At the end of this Step you should have the following trophies:

(B) Knight in Shining Armour

(B) Liberator

(B) Drunkard

(B) Crack Shot

(B) Skinflint

(B) Treasure Hunter

(B) Beginner

(B) Crab Catcher

(B) Pet Cemetery

(B) Just a little tipple...

(B)(H) He Really Exists!

(B)(H) Pirate

Step 2 - Treasure Isle DLC:

You should complete the quests for the Treasure Island DLC as soon as they become available (this will be at the end of the main story quests on the Sword Coast) because you will receive an item at the end that will permanently reward you with 10% extra Glory. This DLC is the shorter of the two and will only take around 4 hours to complete. If you don't have this DLC or don't plan on getting it, continue to Step 3.

At the end of this Step you will have unlocked the following trophies:

(B) Long John Silver

(B) Alligator Jack

(B)(H) Grave Robber

Step 3 - Continue playing up until you set sail for 'The Water Temple':

For this Step continue playing through the game doing as many quests as possible as you will need to save up 61,000 Glory in order to level up all skills to level 10 (or 11), refer to All-Rounder for more details. As such try not to spend any Glory, only focus on the absolute necessary skills such as a few levels of Cunning for lock picking and stealth skills. At any time in the game you can check how much Glory you have earned in the pause menu under 'Player Attributes'. Make sure you make a Save before leaving the Island of Antigua for 'The Water Temple'. As once you arrive there is no turning back. Otherwise make sure you have unlocked all the other trophies before hand.

Either (B) Voodoo Pirate or (B) Pirate With Muskets

(B) Harpooner

(S) Captain

(B) The Right Hand

(B) The Hand of God

(B) Provisions Master

(B) Friend of the Gnomes

(B) Tub Captain

(B) Cheese Knife

(B) Necromancer

(G) Mr Industrious

(B) Blademaster

(B) Gunslinger

(B) Voodoo Wizard

(B) Rogue

(B) Tour Guide

(B) Birdbrain

(B) Kleptomaniac

(B) Digger

(B) Protector

(S) Cash Cow

(S) Made of Money

(B) Storyteller

(B) Legendary Hero

(B) Deep Sea Fisherman

(B)(H) Bookworm

(B)(H) Detective

(B)(H) Artefact Hunter

(B)(H) Ghost Pirate

(S)(H) Lord of the Tentacle

(G)(H) The Curse Is Broken!

(B)(H) Tough Bastard

(B)(H) Seafarer

(B)(H) Monkey Dance

Note: Some of these trophies can be done on different Steps depending on when you grind certain trophies e.g. Cash Cow, Made of Money, Mr Industrious and Kleptomaniac, this is just the order I did them in. Furthermore the trophies are ordered in the order they appear in the trophy list, not in the order you should unlock them (this applies to all three Steps).

Step 4 - Air Temple DLC:

This DLC is currently free on the PS Store and I highly recommend you get it as not only is it pretty quick but it will help massively with Step 5. Refer to the Big Game Hunter trophy for more information. At the end of this Step you will have unlocked the following trophies:

(B) Templar

(B) Robinson Crusoe

(S)(H) Exterminator

Step 5 - Clean up and grinding!:

For this Step you are going to reload the Save you made at the end of Step 1, choose the opposite faction to what you did before. You will then need to play through a lot of the game again to work back up to 61,000 Glory and have about 17,000 gold so you can learn all the skills for either the voodoo or firearms attribute (depending on which you did on your first playthrough). You will also need to farm kills for the kill related trophies.

Either (B) Voodoo Pirate or (B) Pirate With Muskets

(S) Bane of the Beasts

(S) Big Game Hunter

(S) All-Rounder

(P) 100%

Edited by dcollins22
Editorial Sweep.

http://i.imgur.com/GUpZjJL.png

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/EF6.jpg

100% (P)

Earn all Risen 2 trophies to unlock the platinum trophy

Unlock all the non-DLC trophies and this platinum will be yours!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/B69.jpg Knight in Shining Armour (B)

'Rescue Patty!' completed

Story related, cannot be missed.

[spoiler=2]The requirements for this are very easy. You will find Patty on the beach outside the castle once you have finished talking to the Inquisition Soldiers at the start of the game. It somewhat serves as a tutorial to the fighting mechanics and you have to help her fight off a few Sand Devils. This will be the first story related trophy you unlock and most probably the first trophy of the game you will unlock.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/B8B.jpg Voodoo Pirate (B)

'The Ancestors' Blessing' completed

Story related, cannot be missed if you side with the Natives/Voodoo.

'The Ancestors Blessing' is the first quest you start after telling Chani that you will side with her. She can be found in her usual spot in the Natives Village on the Sword Coast. You cannot obtain this trophy if you choose to side with the Inquisition.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/876.jpg Liberator (B)

'Free Hawkins' completed

Story related cannot be missed. For more information on this quest, see below:

[spoiler=3]Hawkins is a prisoner at the Garrison on the third Island which is called "Sword Coast". In order to talk to him and start this quest, you must first talk to Sebastiano inside the Garrison and he will ask you to interrogate the prisoner.

After the conversation unfolds, you will make a deal for which your end of the bargain involves freeing Hawkins from the prison. For this you have to pickpocket the key from Sebastian, however, you will need a thievery level of 35. Instead of going back to Largo at the Pirates' Den and spending extra Glory and gold, there is another way to do this quest: Simply climb up the tower you pass as you entered Puerto Isabella on your Left and mount the canon at the top, aim it at the tower where Hawkins is being held and fire with :cross:. The mission will then be completed and the trophy will unlock.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/CB9.jpg Harpooner (B)

'The Titan Weapon' completed

[spoiler=4]You will unlock this trophy when you kill Crow, obtain the Titan Spear and use it against the Titan enemy which he summons at the beginning of the fight. In order to kill the Titan you have to throw the Spear at its mouth when it is open, hold :l1: to aim and press :r1: to throw. Its should take approximately 6-8 shots to kill him. This trophy indicates the end of the main quests on the Sword Coast and the Titan Spear will be the first Titan Weapon you unlock.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/0CA.jpg Captain (S)

'A New Ship' completed

[spoiler=5]You will start this mission after watching Captain Steelbeard's ship sink and his death at the hands of Mara. There are various parts to this quest, including sabotaging the canons at Puerto Isabella, stocking the ship with water, hiring crew members and finally taking over the ship. I advise hiring Hawkins and Chani first (who are both located outside the North entrance of Puerto Isabella) as they can help with the fight against Benito when you are trying to sabotage the canons. The trophy will unlock once you have completed the final part of the quest called 'Liberate the Ship'.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/BF1.jpg The Right Hand (B)

'Chaka Datu's Legacy' completed

This quest is given to you by Datu at the Maracai Village at Maracai Bay, it will be slightly different depending on if you sided with the Inquisition or the Natives whilst on The Sword Coast. This involves a series of quests for either Zaalu (if you sided with the Natives) or Hakeke (if you sided with the Inquisition). They don't differ too much and have the same ending in that you have to fight the other persons apprentice or 'Halmak'. The trophy will unlock once you speak to Datu upon defeating the opposing Halmak. For a complete walkthrough for this quest, refer to this guide: Chaka Datu's Legacy - Maracai Bay - Quests - Risen 2: Dark Waters - Game Guide and Walkthrough

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/A5E.jpg The Hand of God (B)

'The Greedy Captain' completed

[spoiler=6]This quest has one of the toughest fights in the game but only if you don't know how to approach it. You will have to fight Garcia at Maracai Village once you discover that he was impersonating Corrientes. Garcia has many of his own men protecting him, as well as the numerous Natives in the village. He will only become hostile once you speak to him (after discovering who he really is) or by attacking him. It is impossible to fight him, his men and the Natives all at once. I found that after you begin the fight, run back down the path that leads up to the village. Make sure you have a companion (I recommend Patty) and one by one pick off Garcia's men but not the Natives as they cannot be killed, rather they just become stunned and soon recover their health. Once all his men are dead (I suggest saving after each one you kill to save you having to re-fight them all over again if you die) get Garcia to follow you back down the path and into the shallow lake. I found this to be the best place to take him on, because it's open with room to move around and hopefully the Natives won't be harassing you at the same time so you'll only have one enemy to focus on. Patty may be temporarily unconscious at this point as she gets swarmed by enemies quickly during this battle so you will most probably be fighting Garcia on your own. Below are some general tips to further help with the fight:

- Make sure you have plenty of rum and grog with you so you can get your health back instantly when you consume them, as opposed to having to wait for it to regenerate when you use Provisions.

- If you didn't have one already, pick up the Shotgun that one of Garcia's men was using and make that you primary weapon against Garcia.

- Keep running around and firing until you run out of ammo, before switching to your best sword to finish the fight.

- Hold :l1: to block most of his moves and only attack when he is starting or finishing his combos.

-Watch out for Garcia's firearm attack, it can take off a lot of health so make sure you are constantly topping up your health by consuming grog and rum.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/853.jpg Provisions Master (B)

'Ship's Equipment' completed

[spoiler=7]This quest is given to you by Slayne on Antigua once you speak to him following his argument with Alvarez. The quest involves collecting various pieces of equipment to restock the ships before setting sail, however, Alvarez has ceased all trading whilst Slayne is in town. The quest is made up of various sides quests where you have to collect water barrels, powder kegs, fish, a cannon and a new Helmsman for Slayne by various means.

You can find a complete walkthrough for this quest here:

Ship's Equipment - Antigua - Quests - Risen 2: Dark Waters - Game Guide and Walkthrough

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/466.jpg Friend of the Gnomes (B)

'The Gnome Eater' completed

This quest is given to you by Kaan, the chief of the Gnomes on the Isle of Thieves. He is located in the Gnomes Village roughly in the middle of the island (be sure to pick up the map of the island from a chest on the path when following Jaffar). Kaan will tell you about a menacing beast that has been eating Gnomes. He is located to the east of the village. I found him to be quite difficult for the following reasons:

1. He is massive and has lots of health.
  2. His attack is very powerful and it will only take a few blows to kill you,
  3. At this point of the game you don't have any crew members to help and you.
  4. He will grab and eat any weapon you use except the Titan Spear.

With that being said, I have a few tips to help you defeat this beast:

- Bring lots of Provisions and grog and rum. You will need to use a lot of them to get through this fight.

- Stay far away from him by running and only turning around to throw your spear at him.

- There are a few rocks/ledges you can climb on or get behind that will prevent the beast from getting to you, allowing to take your time and spam your spear until he is dead. Be warned though that this may make your game freeze or lag.

- A very easy method to kill him is to use bombs. If you have any then equip them during the fight because, as with other weapons, the Gnome Eater will devour them and they will explode thus causing a lot of damage. I didn't try this method but it should only take a few bombs to kill him.

- Finally, be sure to raid his camp as there are some very useful items here and a fare bit of gold lying around.

Edited by dcollins22

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/E4D.jpg Tub Captain (B)

'Build a Raft' completed

[spoiler=8]This is the main quest you will do whilst stuck on Isle of the Thieves, it is part of the Marooned quest. It is given to you by Jaffar after meeting him on the western end of the southern beach after escaping from the cave that Slayne abandoned you in. This quest is composed of various side-quests, all of which are given to you by the Gnomes at the Gnome Village. The main aim is to find 10 pieces of driftwood, 5 vines and 6 shirts.

The locations and requirements for each are listed below:

Drfitwood - These can be found scattered on the beach in or near the water to the North West of the map. They are easy to find and the only enemies around are a few Sand Devils and giant crabs.

Vines - These are found in the yards of the Gnomes' houses. There is one in each yard of the 5 properties. No extra side-quests are required for these items.

Shirts - You will need to complete the following side-quests in order to get 6 shirts: 'The Thief has been Robbed', 'The Lost Gnome' and' Lost In Translation', all are pretty easy and quick to complete.

A walkthrough for this quest, along with each side-quest can be found here: Build a Raft - The Isle of Thieves - Quests - Risen 2: Dark Waters - Game Guide and Walkthrough

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/8B1.jpg Cheese Knife (B)

'The Cunning Captain' completed

[spoiler=10]This is a very long winded quest that begins after you receive the Titan Spear back on the Sword Coast. It's given to you by Captain Steelbeard and revolves around a fellow pirate captain named Slayne. You work together initially on Antigua, before travelling to the Isle of Thieves where he betrays you and leaves you stranded. After finishing the quest 'Build a Raft' and have returned to Tacarigua to rejoin your crew and find your ship, you will then sail to Antigua to face off against Slayne. He is pretty easy to kill just be sure to parry with :l1: to block his attacks, after the duel is over the trophy will unlock.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/7E4.jpg Necromancer (B)

'The Split Soul' completed

This quest is given to you by Bones, who you will meet in the Natives Village in Maracai Bay.

[spoiler=11]Bones is a bit crazy as part of his soul is stuck in the Underworld. In order for him to give you this quest he must first join your crew which he will once you first start speaking to him at the village. Once you start this quest you need to travel to the Isle of the Dead (which you will need to go to anyway for the main quest of the game). Upon entering the Underworld you will find the other half of Bones, just keep talking to him and exhaust all conversation options to advance the quest. There isn't really an objective besides speaking to him. Upon returning to the normal world speak to Bones on your ship and the trophy will unlock. You can find a complete walkthrough of this quest here: The Split Soul - Maracai Bay - Quests - Risen 2: Dark Waters - Game Guide and Walkthrough

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/391.jpg Mr Industrious (G)

Completed 250 quests

You will most probably get this through natural progression through the game and if you are following the quest walkthrough here: Risen 2: Dark Waters Game Guide & Walkthrough If you are worried you have missed too many and may not get it on your first playthrough then you will definitely get it on your second playthrough. If you want to unlock it early then you can utilize the Save and reload method described in the Kleptomaniac trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/7B4.jpg Blademaster (B)

Learned everything about blades

You will need 61,000 Glory points to get this trophy. It took me around 30 hours to obtain and I had only levelled firearms, toughness and voodoo to level 2 and cunning to level 4 beforehand. I also had the Master Scholar's Ring which gives you 5% bonus Glory (this item is part of the 'A Pirate's Clothing' DLC as outlined in Step 0 of the Road Map).

Note: You don't need to learn any skills to unlock this trophy, you just have to level up the attribute to level 10 (or level 11 if you have already found the legendary item that adds an extra level for that skill). If you're unsure about if you have the corresponding legendary item, highlight the attribute in the attributes menu and on the right under Base Value it will have the name of the item in green font e.g. Meerchaum Pipe +1 for Firearms). You will know when the attribute has been maxed out at the colour in the attributes menu will change from green to blue. I advise doing this in conjunction with the requirements for All-Rounder so it's easy to keep track of what you have and haven't done.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/1CD.jpg Gunslinger (B)

Learned everything about firearms

Refer to All-Rounder and Blademaster for more information.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/684.jpg Rogue (B)

Learned everything about cunning

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/650.jpg Voodoo Wizard (B)

Learned everything about voodoo

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/231.jpg All-Rounder (S)

Learned each skill once

This will most probably be the second to last trophy you unlock. It requires you to learn/buy every skill in the game. Unlike the 'Learn everything about...' trophies, you will need to buy the skills from the different trainers found throughout the game as opposed to just levelling up the attributes to the maximum level. In total you will need 61,000 Glory and 14,000 gold to upgrade a skill all the way to level 10 and buy the corresponding skills from the relevant trainer. This trophy cannot be obtained in a single playthrough as the the skills for voodoo and firearms are mutually exclusive and are only available depending on which of the two factions in the game you side with. For example: If you side with the Natives you will be unable to learn all the skills for firearms, because the trainer that teaches you the master level skills (level 10) will not be available and vice versa if you chose to side with the Inquisition. As a result you will need approximately 1.5 playthroughs of the game in order to unlock this trophy.

The easiest way to get this trophy is as follows:

1. Save up 61,000 Glory points and 17,000 gold as this is the amount of each required to fully upgrade each of the 5 attributes in the game, then purchase each skill from their respective trainers. For tips on earning gold refer to the Made of Money trophy.
  2. Once you have the required amount, Save your game.
  3. Proceed to fully upgrade each attribute one at a time and buy each of the skills in the game for that attribute. Once you have done this for each skill, reload your Save and carry on doing this process for each of the 5 skills.

Note: The game will remember what skills you have learnt even if you don't save and just reload your Save after maxing out each attribute. You will only be able to do this for 4 attributes on your first playthrough, thus on your second playthrough (i.e. when you reload your Save for Step 4 of the Road Map) you will need to save up the required Glory points and gold again then max out the fifth and final skill (either voodoo or firearms).

Trainers for skills requiring a level of between 1-7 of their respective attribute can be found on every island. For a list of all trainers and their locations, consult the guide here: Blades - Hero - Talents - Risen 2: Dark Waters - Game Guide and Walkthrough

Skills that require a level of 8-10 (master level) can only be learnt by a single trainer each in the game. Below is a full list of these skills for each attribute and where the respective trainer in the game is located in order to buy/learn the skill:

Blades

Master level skills:

• Powerful Riposte - Requires blade skill level of 8.
  • Swordmaster - Requires blade skill level of 10.
  • Piercing Weapons III - Requires blade skill level of 8 and you must have purchased and learnt both the Piercing Weapons I and II skills.
  • Throwing Weapons III - Requires blade skill level of 9 and you must have purchased and learnt both the Throwing Weapons I and II skills.

Trainer location

All these skills can be bought/learnt from Admiral Alvarez on Antigua. This is potentially missable because if you have informed Alvarez that you have found all of the Titan Artefacts, the dialogue option of being able to learn the master level skills disappears. The only way around this is to reload a previous save or be sure to learn the above skills on your second playthrough before speaking to him about the Titan Artefacts.

Firearms

Master level skills:

• Marksman - Requires firearm skill level of 8.
  • Blazing Barrels - Requires firearm skill level of 10.
  • Muskets III - Requires firearm skill level of 9 and you must have purchased and learnt both the Muskets I and II skills.
  • Shotguns III - Requires firearm skill of 8 and you must have purchased and learnt both the Shotguns I and II skills.

Trainer location

All these skills can be learnt/bought from Godin who is located in the High Court in Caldera.

Note: These skills can only be purchased on the playthrough in which you chose to side with the Inquisition.

Toughness

Master level skills:

• Doctor - Requires a toughness skill level of 8.
  • Indestructible - Requires a toughness skill level of 10.

Trainer location

These two skills can be bought/learnt from Bones who will be a member of your crew at this point of the game. Otherwise you can find him at the Maracai Village on Maracai Bay. You must first speak to him and complete his initial quest before you can purchase these skills. It's worth noting that the skill 'Distiller', which requires a toughness skill level of 6, can only be purchased from Alister who is located on the second floor of the bar at the Pirates' Den on Tacarigua.

Cunning

Master level skills:

• Parrot Trainer - Requires a cunning skill level of 8.
  • Old Trickster - Requires a cunning skill level of 10.
  • Dirty Tricks III - Requires a cunning skill level of 9 plus you must have purchased and bought both the Dirty Tricks I and II skills.
  • Thievery III- Requires cunning skill level of 8 and you must have purchased and learnt both the Thievery I and II skills.

Trainer location

All these skills can be bought/learnt from Flanagan who is located at the Pirates' Den on Tacarigua.

Voodoo

Master level skills:

• Powerful Curse - Requires a voodoo skill level of 8.
  • Voodoo Master - Requires a voodoo skill level of 10.
  • Black Magic III - Requires a voodoo skill level of 9 and you must have purchased and learnt both the Black Magic I and II skills.
  • Death Cult III - Requires a voodoo skill level of 8 and you must have purchased and learnt both the Death Cult I and II skills.

Trainer location

All these skills can be bought/learnt from Osamu on Maracai Bay, he is located in the South East corner at location 'Shaman'. Note: They can only be purchased on the playthrough where you side with the Natives.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/FE1.jpg Tour Guide (B)

At least 5 crew members on the ship

There are 6 NPCs in the main game that can become a member of your crew, however, you can only have a maximum of 5 unless you have both DLC packs in which case you can get 1 extra from each. The main game crew members' location and additional information about them is below:

[spoiler=dc]Patty: You will meet her at the very beginning of your game. She uses a Sabre and a pistol and can deal a great amount of damage. She is invaluable in the early parts of the game, and was actually the crew member I used the most throughout the rest of the game.

Chani: You will meet her on The Sword Coast in the Natives Village. She will only join your crew if you side with the natives, if you side with the Inquisition, Venturo will join your crew (see below). Chani has the invaluable ability to heal the Nameless Hero with her voodoo powers, she also uses a type of sword to deal a lot of damage.

Venturo: He will only join your crew if you side with the Inquisition whilst on The Sword Coast. Venturo is a musket expert and deals a lot of damage whilst hanging back from the main fight. His benefits are that he deals a lot of damage, however, as he stays back from the fight he doesn't always draw the enemies attention, meaning that you are often left having to fight many enemies at once. Depending on your combat style he can be very useful.

Hawkins: You will first meet Hawkins on the Sword Coast, he was the cook on Crews ship and has been captured by the Inquisition and being held prisoner. Hawkins is a born and bred pirate and thus has a similar fighting style to Patty, though he is lacking a firearm. If you leave him in the kitchen though, he will increase the power of all crew members, so my advice would be to leave him there.

Jaffar: Jaffar is a crazy little Gnome that you meet on the Isle of Thieves. He loves to swear, saying 'F*** yes!' at the end of almost every sentence. Jaffar will join your crew as part of the main quest line so he is unmissable crew member in that regard. Jaffar is a useless fighter and should not be brought along to tough fights, rather he will pick up almost every item he comes across which you can then ask for since you are his 'Mata' (master).

Bones: You will meet Bones in the Natives Village on Maracai Bay. He is pretty crazy and I won't spoil why that is, just be sure to talk to him and do his quests. He is technically missable if you don't talk to him before the end of the game. His speciality is in medicine but he can also prove to be a good fighter as well.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/CC4.jpg Birdbrain (B)

Used parrot 5 times

The parrot is a skill unlocked at level 8 cunning and can be bought from Flanagan at the Pirates' Den in Tacarigua. This skill requires a lot of Glory and it can be levelled up in the Character menu. Upon unlocking this you will need to equip the parrot in your Left Hand. Hold down :l1: and press :r1: to use it. The parrot can be quite useful in that it flies into enemies causing damage and distraction. For this trophy you don't need to use the skill on an enemy as anywhere will do. If you don't want to spend all your Glory on levelling up this skill then Save your game before doing so and once the trophy has unlocked, reload your Save and you will have all your Glory and your 1000 gold back.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/648.jpg Drunkard (B)

Won drinking duel mini-game 10 times

You are first able to play this mini-game at the bar at the Pirates' Den in Tacarigua. Talk to O'Brian to start the game. The game is pretty straight forward, the first to drink 6 bottles of alcohol wins. The game is in first person view and you have to control a hand and grab bottles of rum/beer by pressing :cross:. Each one you successfully grab makes you become more drunk, meaning the hand is harder to control and your vision becomes blurry. You can keep challenging O'Brian to the drinking mini-game, either for fun with no stakes on offer or for 50 gold. If you're worried about losing gold either drink for fun or Save before each game when betting with gold and reload if you lose. This is a good method for getting some gold early on as the drinking mini-game only lasts around 30 seconds, however, you can only play for money and win around 4-5 times before it disappears for the remainder of the game. Just repeat either method and win the drinking game 10 times for the trophy to unlock. I found it easiest to grab the bottles furthest away first as they can by quite tricky to grab when you have already drunk a few bottles. O'Brian also has a treasure map which you can win off him by challenging him to a drinking game when you first talk to him. You will need a bottle of Painkillers to start this, which can be bought for 150 gold from an NPC called "Booze" behind the counter of the bar.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/B88.jpg Crack Shot (B)

Hit 10 times in one game in the shooting mini-game

The Shooting mini-game is offered by two NPCs in the game, one of which is Barney at the Pirates' Den on Tacarigua (in fact he is the first person that offers it to you) and Henri on Antigua. This mini-game is a little trickier then the drinking mini-game. My advice is to keep the reticule in the middle of the screen that way you will minimise overall movement from left and right, just focus on up and down. You get 10 shots per mini-game and you must hit 10/10 targets. It may take a few attempts but it only costs 10 gold to play and you will soon get the hang of it. You move the reticule with either the :ls: or :rs: and press :r1: to shoot.

You do not have to hit 10 in a row, you can miss some as long as you don't shoot so just wait for easy targets to ensure you don't miss. Also the target doesn't have to be in the very middle of the reticule, as long as it is close you will hit it. Another tip is to play during the in-game day because at Night it can be quite dark which makes it difficult to see the targets. You can sleep in most beds in the game and select Morning to get back to daytime.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/327.jpg Kleptomaniac (B)

Picked 100 locks

In order to pick locks you must have a cunning skill of 4 and have completed the 'Freeing Largo' quest in Tacarigua, where you will be rewarded with a lock pick from Stone the blacksmith at the Pirates' Den. It will cost 6,000 Glory points to reach cunning level 4. Once you have done this go see Largo at the Pirates' Den to be taught the lock picking skill for 1000 gold. Initially you will have a lock picking skill of 25, which will allow you to pick locks up to the same level. In order to pick locks of a higher level (up to level 90) you will need to upgrade your thievery skill or equip items of clothing/jewellery that can increase your thievery ranking, such as various rings and amulets.

The higher the level of lock you are picking, the harder the lock picking mini-game. The same method still applies, you slide the lockpick back and forth until you find the correct sequence. Most are trial and error but they are all pretty simple to solve. If you don't want to keep searching for locks to pick throughout the game and over different playthroughs, you can utilize the save and reload technique. The same applies for the Digger and Mr Industrious trophies.

Here are the Steps:

1. Make a Save (e.g. Save file 1) right before either picking a lock, handing in a quest or digging up a treasure.
  2. Pick the lock/hand in the quest/dig up treasure.
  3. Make a new Save (e.g. Save file 2). If you're following the Save file format in the Road Map, then this would be Save file 6.
  4. Reload the initial Save (in this case Save file 1).
  5. Repeat Steps 2-4.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/6D3.jpg Digger (B)

Dug up 50 treasures

In order to find a buried treasure you must have both a treasure map and a shovel (the later you will find right next to the very first treasure in the game). You can activate the quest in your log book which will then mark the treasure on your map.

For information on the first treasure in the game, see below:

[spoiler=ccv]The first treasure you will find in the game will be during the main quest 'The Titan Weapon'. On your way to the Pirates' Den on Tacarigua you will come across Pete's body in front of a temple, loot it and you will pick up his treasure map. The treasure is located a little further along the path you are on and will be marked with a big red cross on the ground. Dig it up by pressing :cross:.

There aren't 50 treasures in the game (there are only 18 to my knowledge) so you will have to do either 3 playthroughs or utilize the Save and reload technique, which will save you a lot of time. For steps on how to do this method, refer to Kleptomanic.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/F4D.jpg Protector (B)

Won duel against Severin

Severin can be found in the courtyard of the castle at Caldera in front of 5 guards. In order to duel him just speak to him and select the 'Lets train!' dialogue option when it is available. Although you can obtain this trophy at the very beginning of the game, it is difficult since you have no skills and your first sword hasn't got a very high damage rating. The best way to get this trophy is to return to Caldera later in the game when you have better weapons and higher skill points.

If you're still struggling to beat Severin you can attack him with your sword before engaging in conversation to lower his health, he will not fight back unless the duel has started. When you then speak to him and start the duel, he will only have a small amount of health which makes the duel a lot easier to win.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/D87.jpg Skinflint (B)

Acquired 1000 gold

Refer to Made of Money

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/D79.jpg Cash Cow (S)

Acquired 100,000 gold

Refer to Made of Money

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/5BD.jpg Made of Money (S)

Acquired 300,000 gold

First thing to note is that the three gold related trophies are cumulative, meaning it can be acquired across multiple playthroughs and you don't need to have 300,000 gold in your inventory at one time. There is a good trick that makes this trophy very easy to obtain. As you play through the game, pick up and collect everything you see - from plants to idols, amulets and weapons. Try not to sell anything and hang on to everything you have. Also, do as many quests as you can as this is another good source of gold. After amassing quite a collection of items in your inventory visit any trader and sell everything by spamming :square: in the sell menu, once everything has sold move to the buy back tab by pressing :l2: and by everything back. The selling and buying back prices are exactly the same so you are not going to lose any gold in the process. Each time you sell, the gold earned will add to your overall tally even though it's the same items being sold and bought back over and over again. I did this trick about 25 hours into the game as by that stage I had a lot of items in my inventory and made 20k each time I sold everything. Getting to 300k was very quick and only took about 30 minutes.

Note: You don't need to save after each round of selling or quit the trader and start again, it can be all done in one go.

There are a couple of other ways to make gold very quickly and easily, which will help if you are running low or if you don't want to sell any of your items yet. The first involves the Parrot Cunning skill, which this thread details how it works: Infinite gold (parrot glitch) (credit to angel78556 for discovering this this exploit). The second involves the shooting mini-game offered to you by the Gunsmith Barney at the Pirates' Den in Tacarigua.

1. Speak to Barney and choose the dialogue option "Shoot!" (10 gold).
  2. Once the game starts, miss all your shots on purpose by pressing :r1: in the direction away from the targets. This will fail the mini-game, which is what you want.
  3. Now choose the dialogue option "Start Shooting the Fleet" (50 gold). For this you will have to play through three rounds of the shooting game. The first round you must hit at least 5 targets, 6 in the second round and 7 in the third round. Upon completion you will receive your initial 50 Gold back, plus an extra 500 gold for winning the challenge. End the conversation to receive a further 10 gold.
  4. Repeat Steps 1-3 as many times as you want until you have the required amount of gold that you want.

For tips on how to play the mini-game, refer to the Crack Shot trophy.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/CEF.jpg Treasure Hunter (B)

Found first treasure in the game

Refer to Digger

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/8DE.jpg Storyteller (B)

Collected 10 legendary items

Refer to Legendary Hero

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/6EA.jpg Legendary Hero (B)

Collected 20 legendary items

I have listed the legendary items by location, not necessarily what order you will obtain them in. Each legendary item will give you an increase in a certain skill or attribute. For the items that give a +1 to an attribute, these do not count towards the respective 'Learning everything about..' trophies, and thus they must be upgraded to level 11. See Blademaster and All-Rounder for more details.

Tacarigua:

• Peg Leg (+1 toughness): This item lies on a path roughly in the middle of the map. To get there, enter the cave just North of Vasco's tower. Once you exit turn Left and continue along the path past the draw bridge on your Right. You will eventually see an entrance to a large cave on your Left when the path ends. Don't enter, instead look to the Right and in front of the large tree behind a rock will be the Peg Leg.
  • Meerschaum Pipe (+1 firearms): This treasure is found in Tacarigua. You first have to find Pete's Treasure, refer to the Treasure Hunter trophy for the location and requirements for getting this treasure.
  • The Hand Mirror (+10 Silver Tongue): This can be bought for 2000 gold from Booze at the Pirates' Den in Tacarigua.

The Sword Coast:

• Bottle of Memories (+10 to Death Cult): This can be bought for 2000 gold from Kapua at the Shaganumbi Village on the Sword Coast.
  • Powder Bag (+10 Pistols): You can obtain this legendary item upon completing the quest 'Cargo Crates for Miguel'. This quest is given to you by Miguel, the Store person in Puerto Isabella on the Sword Coast Island. You have to collect 10 crates scattered on the beaches of the East coast. I have labelled their exact locations on this map:

http://i.imgur.com/Yqw06Rg.png

• The Shrunken Head (+10 Intimidate): This is located in Shaganumbi Graveyard on the southern part of the Sword Coast. You have to walk up a mountain to get there. The Graveyard is guarded by about 6 Warriors so make sure you bring a crew member and plenty of provisions. The item itself is located to the left of the entrance to the temple behind some graves.

Antigua:

• One Left Boot (+1 cunning): This can be found on Antigua on the small island to the North West. To reach it, head through the Harbour town towards Mac's Tower. Follow the path down to the shore. You will have to fight a few Sunken Ones before you reach the island. the boot is sitting on the beach facing east.
  • Silver Mask (+1 Bladeproof): This is part of the quest 'Gibson's Grave'. First, speak to Quinn on the beach to the immediate East of the Harbor Town. He sells special items which you don't know what they are, buy the one for 300 gold which will be the Tavern Key. Then head upstairs inside the tavern and open the first door on your right. On the dresser to the Left is a book, read it to start the 'Gibson's Grave' quest. Head to the cemetery to the North West of the town and dig up the treasure. The silver mask is inside the chest.
  • Voodoo Needle (+10 Piercing Weapons): This can be bought from Emma at the Harbour City in Antigua for 2000 gold. She is located in the building to the east of the tavern.
  • Hangman's Noose (+10 Muskets): This one is a little tricky to get. First you will need to have cunning level 6, then travel to Antigua and speak to Quinn on the beach to the East of the Harbor City and learn the monkey trainer skill for 1000 gold. Now travel back to the Harbor City. Make your way to the second floor of the warehouse, to the West of the tavern and release the monkey. You need the monkey for this item as its location is impossible to get to with your character. Exit to the South with the monkey and climb onto the roof where you will see a hole in the roof. Enter it and you will find the legendary item sitting on a crate, press :cross: to pick it up as the monkey. If you're struggling to find the exact location, here is a screenshot which might help:

http://i.imgur.com/rQqSGY1.jpg

The Isle of Thieves:

• Parrot's Wing (+10 Throwing Weapons): Found on the Isle of the Thieves. On the beach to the East of where you first land you will find a message in a bottle. Upon reading it in your inventory, the 'Treasure in the Cave' quest will start. Find the treasure to the north, dig it up and you'll have this legendary item.
  • Flask (+10 Dirty Tricks): This is given to you by Kaan, the chief Gnome on the Isle of the Thieves after completing the quest 'The Gnome Eater'. Refer to the Friend of the Gnomes trophy for more info.

Caldera

• Comb with one tooth (+1 blades): You will need to start the quest 'The treasure on Fortress beach' at Caldera. First you will need the treasure map which is located in a chest to the Left of Carlos in the Garrison which you can access through the main courtyard of the Crystal Fortress. You will need a lock picking skill of 60 to pick the lock on the chest and obtain the map. Once you have it, go down to the beach and enter the cave. You may have to fight off a few Sand Devils on your way. Dig up the treasure and the legendary item will be inside.
  • Snuffbox (+10 Thievery): This can be bought for 2000 gold from the merchant called "Possodino" in Caldera. He is located just before the cathedral entrance on the Left.

Maracai Bay:

• Skull of Death (+1 voodoo): You will receive this from Datu at the end of the 'Chaka Datu's Legacy' quest, see The Right Hand trophy for more info.
  • Cannonball (+10 Shotguns): This can be bought for 2000 gold from Mercutio at Maracai Bay. You must first complete a short mission to gain access to his items for sale.
  • Jaguar Paw (+10 Ritual): You will find this in a temple located between the Maracai Village and Shaman (South East corner) on Maracai bay. You will have to kill a lot of Termite workers and Warriors to gain entry. Watch out for the trap inside the temple, press :triangle: to avoid it. The Jaguar Paw is located behind the body of the dead pirate in the second last room.
  • Broken Rattle (+10 Black Magic): You must first start the 'Graves of the Ancestors' quest on Maracai Bay to acquire this legendary item. First travel to the temple guarded by 3-4 ghouls to the North West of the Maracai Village. Upon trying to steal the Golden mask, you will confronted by an ancestral spirit and the quest will begin.

Below is a full walkthrough of the quest. Upon completing it, visit Osamu in the south east of the island to be rewarded with the Broken rattle. See the following link for a complete walkthrough of this quest: The Graves of the Ancestors - Maracai Bay - Quests - Risen 2: Dark Waters - Game Guide and Walkthrough

Isle of the Dead:

• Hook Hand (+10 Slashing Weapons): This is found in buried treasure on the Isle of the Dead. Just to the North of the Thieves Temple located on your map. For an exact location here is a walkthrough: Isle of the Dead - Legendary Items - Risen 2: Dark Waters - Game Guide and Walkthrough
  • Old Coin (+10 Bulletproof): This is found on the Isle of the Dead. It is somewhat part of the main quest line so spoiler alert:
    [spoiler=zaq]Once you drink the Potion of False Death after finishing the quest for Tao upon arriving at the Isle of the Dead. The coin will be sitting on a table next to the alter you lay down upon. Note: This can only be found once you have drunk the potion.

Treasure Isle (DLC):

• Pirates Almanac (+10% Glory): You will find this item in one of the four Deadly Chests at the end of the questline on the Treasure Isle. It will reward you with 10% extra Glory earned. For more details refer to the Grave Robber trophy. Note: This is an optional legendary item but it will come in handy if you miss one of the others.

Edited by dcollins22

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/050.jpg Beginner (B)

Killed 10 monsters

You will get this trophy early on in the game, refer to Big Game Hunter for more details.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/D2A.jpg Crab Catcher (B)

Killed 10 giant crabs

Giant crabs are a common enemy found along the many beaches in Risen 2. In order to kill these enemies you must flip them onto their back with the use of a kick (:l1: + :triangle:). Kicking can only be unlocked from the pirate called Blake located at the North East entrance to the Pirates' Den in Tacarigua. It will cost you 500 gold and require Toughness skill level 1, which is what you will begin with in the game. You first come across Blake if you are denied entrance to the Pirates' Den by an NPC called "Fence" during the "Find the Pirates' Den" Quest.

Upon learning this move you will begin the 'Crab slapping with Blake' quest which will bag you 5 crab kills. You will then either unlock the trophy on the same island or when you arrive at the Sword Coast, depending on how exploring you do.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/192.jpg Deep Sea Fisherman (B)

Killed 50 sea monsters

You will get this through natural progression of the game. Not all enemies count towards this trophy, only giant crabs, Sand Devils, Leviathans and Sunken Ones do. Refer to the General Information section for information regarding the locations of these enemies and techniques on how to kill them.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/2CD.jpg Pet Cemetery (B)

Killed 20 ambient animals

Ambient animals include Monkeys, Turkeys and Rats, they are found throughout the entire game and are by far the easiest enemies to kill as they don't fight back. They are also a very easy source of XP with 20 Glory earned per kill. You will unlock this trophy pretty early on in the game. I advise to continue killing these animals after unlocking the trophy due to this easy source of Glory.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/DB5.jpg Bane of the Beasts (S)

Killed 500 monsters

Refer to Big Game Hunter

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/0E8.jpg Big Game Hunter (S)

Killed 2000 monsters

Warning: This trophy won't necessarily unlock at exactly 2000 kills, it will probably unlock anywhere between 2000-2500. I wouldn't it class it as being glitched, I think it just has something to with the types of enemies you are killing and whether or not they count as 'monsters'.

This will be the last trophy you unlock before the platinum. There aren't anywhere near 2000 enemies in the game (I would guess there are around 600 enemies in a single playthrough) and as enemies don't respawn very often, if ever, this means you have two methods to obtain this trophy:

1: Play through the game multiple times as the kills are cumulative across all your Saves, meaning you don't need to get all kills with the one character on the one Save.

2: Use the Save and reload method described for the Kleptomaniac trophy.

Either way you are in for a massive grind. I would advise using the second option as it's much easier and cuts out all the unnecessary time wasted speaking to NPCs and travelling across the world. You have a few options in regards to choosing a location in which to farm kills. The three best locations are as follows:

• The Water Temple: This is the last area of the main story. You will arrive here after defeating the Kraken. Make another new Save once you actually arrive at The Water temple. Be sure not to Save over any other important Saves. You will have to face around 6 Sunken Ones and around 3-4 Leviathans. This can be quite difficult, however, you will have your entire crew to help you and all their kills and glory points count as your own. Once you have killed them all make another new save, and then reload your previous save. Rinse and repeat for as long as it take to unlock the trophy.
  • The Isle of Thieves: After defeating the Leviathan once you have escaped from the cave you are abandoned in, you will come across a beach area with many Sunken Ones. You can make a new save here, many people have used this area to farm kills. Sunken Ones aren't difficult to beat, just remember you will be on your own here as your crew members have left for this section of the story.
  • The Storm Island (Air Temple DLC): I personally have been using this area to farm kills. This area has more enemies, however, it takes longer to get through and you only have the help of one crew member, not all of them. You will have to face against 12-14 Sunken Ones, 7 Sand Devils and a few giant crabs on the beach. Once you make your way up the The Air Temple you have to face another 14 Gargoyles, 8 Cave Bats and around 4 more Sand Devils. I suggest bringing Patty with you as she is the best crew member in my opinion. Each run should be about 20-30 minutes and should net you approximately 45 kills. Again, use the same Save and reload method described above.

Notes:

There is no in-game counter for the number of enemies you have killed, you just have to keep going until the trophy unlocks. It can take anywhere between 8-20 hours once you reach the above three points in the game and depending on how thorough you have been in searching all Islands for enemies before this point of the game. Not all enemies count towards this trophy as well, animals, natives and pirates do not count. You have to specifically kill monsters as per the trophy description and using either of the above locations have both been confirmed to unlock this trophy, therefore, focus your attention on killing Sunken Ones, Leviathans, Sand Devils, Termites, Firebirds and giant crabs.

Another tip is to find an area of relatively weak enemies, such as Sand Devils and giant crabs, lower their health but don't kill them and then make a new save. Each time you reload that save you can kill them all very quickly. A few good places to do this are on the beaches and coastal regions of The Isle of Thieves and Tacarigua.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/30E.jpg Just a little tipple... (B)

Drank first rum

This will be one of the earliest trophies you unlock, I found my first bottle of rum on the beach at Tacarigua. Its function is that it will immediately restore all of your health. Rum can be bought from a lot of traders in the game for 100 gold, including Booze who works behind the bar at the Pirates' Den and also on Tacarigua.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/6F7.jpg He Really Exists! (B)(H)

'Find Steelbeard' completed

Story related cannot be missed.

[spoiler=13]You will find captain Steelbeard on the Pirate Ship at the Pirates' Den. This is part of the 'Titan Weapon' quest.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/2A5.jpg Pirate (B)(H)

'Become a Pirate' completed

[spoiler=14]You will get this trophy once you have proven your worth to Captain Steelbeard. You will have to do other story related quests including:

• 'Crab slapping with Blake'
  • 'Setting the score with Hank'

I also did the following quests which I used as a means to prove myself to the Captain:

• 'Pete's treasure'
  • 'O'Brian's treasure'

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/96F.jpg Pirate with Muskets (B)(H)

'Four Muskets against Crow' completed

Story related, cannot be missed on your playthrough where you side with the Inquisition (Note: This trophy cannot be obtained on your playthrough where you side with the Natives).

You will obtain this trophy as part of the second step of the Road Map above. Reload the Save you made at the end of step one and instead of speaking to Chani, talk to Sebastiano at the Garrison at Puerto Isabello and choose the dialogue option 'Good, I'll fight with you, not the Moluccas'. This will then start the quest 'Support from the Inquisition'. This quest involved you rounding up the four members of the Inquisiton (Bartolo, Venturo, Martinez and Sancho) that Alcazar has given to you.

This quest is a little more confusing then the voodoo counterpart as there is more required of you from the quest and, without a walkthrough, it is easy to lose track of what is actually required of you. Below is a complete walkthrough I made for this trophy:

Once you started the quest and have spoken to Alcazar regarding the four Inquisition soldiers he is going to give you, head back down the path and speak to the gunsmith called Webstar about obtaining weapons and ammo then you can buy a gun and some ammo off him if you wish. Now you need to locate each of the four soldiers. Their locations are as follows:

• Martinez: In front of Cooper the blacksmith's workstation in Puerto Isabello standing next to the water turbine. If you haven't already completed 'the Jaguar cave' quest he will be located to the west of Puerto Isabello where you will have to hunt a Jaguar with him. After this quest he will be able to join your party.
  • Venturo: Drinking a beer at Sophia's bar which is located just inside Puerto Isabello when approaching from the North.
  • Bartolo: Located inside the dormitory of the Garrison to the Left of Sebastiano, however, in order for Bartolo to join your party you must find his Shotgun as part of 'The Shotgun' quest which will start once you first speak to him. You will first need to talk to Webstar who will tell you that Bartolo had been drinking with Eusebio who can then be found immediately to the west of Webstar's location guarding the western entrance to Puerto Isabello. He will ask you to pay off his debt with the farmer Tito for 200 gold. Once this has been paid, return to Eusebio and he will say that there was another drinking buddy, Martinez, you will now need to speak with him. Based on my experiences in the game you will find him in one of a few different locations, refer above for his location. Now go back and speak to Tito who is the true perpetrator behind Bartolo's missing shotgun. Once you have fought him return to Bartolo with his shotgun and he will then join your party.
  • Sancho: You will find a small camp just to the east of the Inquisitions Tower. Speak to Chavez and he will tell you Sancho is just to the north. Head about 30 metres North and you will see a small path to your Left, Sancho will be standing in front of an entrance to a cave.

Once you have found all four Inquisition members and they are waiting at the Western entrance to Puerto Isabello, go and speak to Sebastiano and the trophy will unlock.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/0D9.jpg Bookworm (B)(H)

'Following Garcia's Trail' completed

This quest takes place in Caldera, once you return there after acquiring a ship at the end of 'A New Ship' quest. There are various parts to this quest, including creating a voodoo doll of Mauregato. Once inside the Library of the Cathedral, you will need to head to the library on the Right and read the book 'High Council Rulings' which is in the back Left corner. The trophy will unlock upon reading this book/scroll. For more details on this quest, a complete walkthrough can be found here: Following Garcia's Trail - Caldera II - Quests - Risen 2: Dark Waters - Game Guide and Walkthrough

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/974.jpg Detective (B)(H)

'Garcia's Masquerade Uncovered' completed

MISSABLE

[spoiler=hgty]This quest is part of the main 'Hidden Valley' quest, which is given to you by Valdez when you first arrive at Maracai Bay. There are two ways to complete this quest. The first way is by speaking to Corrientes at the Maracai Village and starting the quest 'The Deserter'. Upon finding Angus you have the option of taking him to Valdez, choose this option as opposed to fighting him (which will prevent you from completing the quest and thus unlocking the trophy).

Upon meeting with Valdez, he will reveal that is was Garcia who gave you the quest and not Corrientes. This will complete the quest and unlock the trophy.The second way is to speak to Osamu, who is located in the South East corner of Maracai Bay after completing the 'The Secret Entrance' quest.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/E33.jpg Artefact Hunter (B)(H)

'Steelbeard's Artefact' completed

[spoiler=bbb]This quest will begin following the death of Captain Steelbeard at the hands of Mara on the Sword Coast. The quest can differ slightly depending on which faction you side with, however, the trophy is unmissable either way. It consists of various side quests that will take you most of the games islands, including the Isle of the Dead where you will meet and talk to the ghost of Captain Steelbeard where he will tell you where his artifact is located, as conveniently he forgot to tell you before he died. The quest will conclude on Antigua upon completion of the sub-quest 'Garcia's Treasure'. A full walkthrough of this quest can be found here: Steelbeard's Artefact - The Sword Coast - Quests - Risen 2: Dark Waters - Game Guide and Walkthrough

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/A71.jpg Ghost Pirate (B)(H)

'The Journey to the Underworld' completed

[spoiler=ert]Upon travelling to the Isle of the Dead for the first time and speaking to Tao at the entrance to the temple, you will start this quest. You will have to search for a certain number of two items (Grave Dust and Black Lotus). The first of which is found in the various temples you will enter whilst exploring, the latter grows at the base of dead vegetation/trees. Once you have collected all these items, return to Tao at the Alter of Transition and speak to him then the trophy will unlock.

Note: The Isle of the Dead is full of tough enemies including warriors, ghouls and Guards. For information on the best way to kill these enemies, read the Combat section in the General Information part of the guide.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/677.jpg Lord of the Tentacle (S)(H)

'Defeat the Kraken' completed

[spoiler=55]You will fight the Kraken when you first set sail for The Water temple at the end of the game. Considering how ferocious this beast is, the battle isn't very hard and you shouldn't have too many issues beating him. You will fight him whilst on your deck of your ship, his only attack is bringing down his tentacles and hitting the deck so be sure to keep moving around. The Kraken has a somewhat set movement so you know where he will appear next. He will first attack on one side of the ship, swim under the boat and then attack from the other side. After about 2-3 repetitions of this he will surface and open his mouth where you will see a bright blue light, this is your opportunity to attack. You must throw your Titan Spear at his mouth. You only get a few seconds before he submerges and you miss your opportunity and will have to avoid a few more attacks. It should take approximately 5-6 hits with your Titan Spear to defeat the Kraken. Here are a few tips to help with this fight:

- When throwing your Spear aim above the mouth as the Kraken is pretty far away and the Spear drops when thrown a long distance.

- After each successful hit, Save the game so if you die you won't need to start over (remember not to overwrite your main game Save and create a new one).

- Make sure you have plenty of provisions, grog and rum as you will need them for this fight and the next one.

- Constantly move around the ship to avoid the tentacles, because they can do a lot of damage.

- Stay in the middle of the ship as you can easily fall off into the sea, which will result in instant death and you will have to reload your last Save.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/808.jpg The Curse Is Broken! (G)(H)

'Kill Mara' completed

[spoiler=56]Despite being the final boss Mara is one of the quickest and easiest enemies to kill. It is no different to a standard melee sword fight against a pirate, just hold down :l1: so you can always block her moves, wait for an opening then attack her. It pays to be aggressive during this fight meaning you should stay close to her and don't give her space, this is because if you run away from her she will summon Sand Devils which you will have to fight as well as Mara which may be tricky. I can offer no extra tips required for this fight, I was surprised how easy and fast it was. The trophy will unlock once you kill her and the quest is complete.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/ABC.jpg Tough Bastard (B)(H)

Learned everything about toughness

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/E95.jpg Seafarer (B)(H)

Travelled by ship 20 times

You will unlock the ability to sail between the islands at the end of the quest 'A New Ship' which you start at the end of the questline on The Sword Coast, refer to the Captain trophy for more info. Once you have unlocked this ability, talk to Patty on the ship and select the dialogue option 'It's time to set a new course' and from there you can select what island to travel to from the in-game map. You will unlock this through natural progression of the game, however, you can grind this whenever you like and it won't take very long.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/A31.jpg Monkey Dance (B)(H)

Used monkey 20 times

The monkey is a skill learned with the cunning attribute. You must have cunning levelled up to level 6 and have 1000 gold. The first place you can buy this skill is from Flanagan at the Pirates Den on Tacarigua (see Birdbrain). To use the monkey you must select it from your inventory by pressing :cross:, you then take control of the monkey and are free to run around. This can be useful for going into buildings undetected and stealing as much stuff as you can.

For this trophy you only have to use the monkey 20 times, meaning you can take control of him then immediately turn around and put him away by pressing :cross: on your character. You don't actually have to use the monkey for anything or perform any type of task, just rinse and repeat 20 times to unlock the trophy. If you don't want to waste your Glory on this skill then Save before levelling up cunning and buying the monkey skill, once you have received the trophy you can reload your Save.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

http://i.imgur.com/1YZYPwm.png

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/121.jpg Long John Silver (B)

Set course for Treasure Isle for the first time

In order to get to Treasure Isle the first time you need to collect various pages of Steelbeard's Diary and find a pirate NPC called Harlock. These are sub-quests of the main 'Steelbeard's Treasure' quest that will begin once the DLC has been installed. The quest only actually started for me by following the main game quest line on the Sword Coast. Speak to Patty to start the quest and she will inform you of various locations of Diary pages. You will have need to collect between 2-4 of these as part of the quest 'The Lost Diary pages'. The second part of this trophy requires you to meet a Pirate names Harlock who has information regarding the location of Treasure Isle, Harlock can be found on Maracai Bay.

Upon disembarking from your ship head to the Left (East) until you meet Habib (a native hunter) and see a path leading up to the left. Continue this way and cross the draw bridge and head to the right. You will have to fight two panthers and a few Firebirds along the way. The Pirate Camp is on the Left following the Panthers and Firebirds, once you kill the 3-4 pirates in front of Harlock speak to him and he will agree to join your crew. Return to your ship, speak to Harlock below deck to unlock Treasure Isle on your map. Now speak to Patty to set sail to Treasure isle, the trophy will unlock upon arrival.

Note: I highly recommend you bring a crew member along with you because you will have to fight 5 Gorillas at once on this island which can be tough on your own, as well as numerous Sunken Ones, giant crabs and Alligators.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/F9F.jpg Alligator Jack (B)

Killed all alligators on Treasure Isle

There are a total of 8 alligators on Treasure Isle which need to be killed for this trophy, see Grave Robber for a map of the island and a full walkthrough of both trophies. I have included a map because you are not given one on arrival, this would otherwise make navigating the island difficult. If you are following the Road Map then you will be doing this DLC early on in the game, which will make it even more challenging as you won't have unlocked/bought higher damage weapons but I think it's worth it due to the item you receive at the end of the quest (more on that in Grave Robber).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/0B1.jpg Grave Robber (B)(H)

Opened every deadly chest once

Once you reach the island you will first have to fight a number of Sunken Ones and giant crabs by the shoreline. After you have killed them continue through the passage to the South of the CEn marker on the map below, then enter the cave after defeating the 5 Gorillas guarding the entrance. These can be quite tough so make sure you have brought a crew member with you. There are various traps in the cave that will kill you very quickly so Save often and get ready to press :triangle: to avoid them. They are mini QTEs but the button prompt appears for no more then a second so unless you're paying attention, you will most probably get killed. Once you have exited the cave at point CEx on the map below, turn Left to find alligators 4 and 5. Head back towards the South to fight 2 Sunken Ones and alligator 1. Keep heading South until you reach the ocean again and you will come across alligators 2 and 3. Head back to the North and turn East (Left). Keep to the Left and head towards the lopsided Temple, beyond which you will find the key and treasure maps associated with this trophy. You will have to fight two Sunken Ones here.

Return the way you came into the Temple area and stay to the Left. If you brought Patty she will comment on a monolith as being the last clue. Further to the Left will be two giant crabs, after taking care of them head into the water behind them to find alligators 6 and 7. Head back to the south keeping to the left and you will find another small opening to another open shallow water area where alligator 8 will be, once you kill it the trophy will unlock.

Keep heading South and you will come to a small Island with 4 graves (DC), each with a buried treasure in front of them. Three of these will kill you upon opening them so make sure you Save right before to avoid unnecessary back-tracking. You can open the chests in any order, however, I advise opening Sokbart's treasure first (the one on the Left) and Saving right after. Now open the remaining three, all of which will kill you instantly so reload your Save and open a different one each time. Sokbart's treasure is the only one that provides you with a reward, which will include various valuable items, including the Pirate's Almanac which provides you with 10% extra Glory. This item will be very useful for various trophies in the main game and is why I recommend complete the DLC early on so you can get the most out of the extra Glory.

http://i.imgur.com/712M1HP.png

Key:

Numbers 1-8 = The locations of the 8 alligators on the Island.

CEn = The cave entrance which is guarded by 5 Gorillas.

CEx = The cave exit.

DC = The location of the 4 Deadly Chests.

Edited by dcollins22

http://i.imgur.com/dzPo9QU.png

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/79F.jpg Templar (B)

'The Air Temple' completed

You will start this mission when you speak to Eldric on Antigua after killing the Gargoyles and collecting their eggs, see the Exterminator trophy for his location. Once Eldric has joined your crew, you will need to sail to the Storm Island. As usual speak to Patty to set sail. Once you arrive on the island, speak to Eldric and he will tell you that you will need to investigate the island to see if the Air Temple is here and he will automatically become your active crew member but you can also bring Patty with you. At this point I advise creating a new Save for two reasons:

1. The mission is very buggy and numerous people have reported glitches and problems whilst on this island. Personally I experienced major frame rate issues.
  2. This is one of the best spots to farm kills for the Big Game Hunter trophy.

I have provided a walkthrough of the island as you won't have a map when you first arrive. As such I have created one with various points of interest, including the location of Gargoyles. Use the map below in conjunction with the text walkthrough below.

You will first have to fight 5 Sunken Ones once you row to the Island and land at point 'X' on the map below. Keep following the path East and you will come to another open beach area with 3 Sand Devils, 2 Sunken Ones on your right and the 1st of 16 Gargoyles on the Island. Eldric will then talk to you once you have killed the first Gargoyle, advising you that you must push on further into the island to find what they are guarding.

Note: At this location you will find a marooned sailor by the name of Crusoe (point RC on the map below) at the end of the beach fighting a few Sand Devils, you must speak to him to start the 'Marooned Sailor' quest. See the Robinson Crusoe trophy for more details.

Return to the beach then head North where you will find Gargoyle number 2. Keep following the path to the West then go North and you will encounter Gargoyles 3, 4 and 5. It's at this point that Eldric will speak to you about the powers of the Air Temple when you first see the Magical Geyser in front of you. This will start the sub-quest 'Magical Geysers' which involves you finding and turning off all 3 Magical Geysers. Speak to Eldric to start the quest 'The Serum' which will enable you to turn off the three Geysers. The first dose of Serum is given to you for free but the next two doses will cost you 5 Gargoyle eggs to make. As a result you will need 10 to create the next two doses. You can find eggs at the following locations on the Storm island, and you should still have some left over from the ones you collected on Antigua where you first met Eldric (see the Exterminator trophy for more details). In total there are 12 eggs on the Island, however, if you return to some of the locations listed below after progressing through the Island there is the potential they will respawn, allowing you to re-collect them. This will help if you haven't got any left over from Antigua for one reason or another, and are thus don't have enough to turn off all the Geysers.

• Two at Gargoyle location 1 and 2.
  • Two next to the first Magical Geyser (point MG1 on the map below).
  • One egg just before the bridge near Gargoyle number 7.
  • Two next to the second Magical Geyser (point MG2 on the map below).
  • Two next to Gargoyle number 11.
  • Three in the final room of the temple where Gargoyles 15 and 16 are located.

Continue along the path and you will encounter Gargoyle 6 and 7. Once you cross the draw bridge, there will be 2 Cave Bats and 3 Gargoyles. Try and lure out one at a time as this fight can be tough as you don't have much room to move making it hard to dodge the heavy attacks of the Gargoyles. Try switching to the Titan Spear and throwing it with :l1: and :r1: from a distance to gain their attention. Once the enemies have been disposed of, collect the last of the Gargoyle eggs, shut off the second Magical geyser (point MG2) and talk to Eldric to make the serum for the final Magical Geyser. Continue on the path to take on Gargoyles 11 and 12. There will also be a few cave Bats here, as well as the third and final Magical Geyser. If you don't have enough Gargoyle Eggs to make the last Serum, there are two more eggs in this location. This will the complete the 'Magical Geysers' quest and Eldric will inform you to continue on into the temple. You will encounter Gargoyles 13 and 14 just in front of the entrance to the temple along with 2 Cave bats.

Once inside the temple you will have to fight The General, who is meant to be a mini boss, however he is no different to a Sunken One. This will complete the sub-quest 'The General' which would have been activated by either talking to Crusoe or Eldric. Continue through the Temple to the next main room and you will encounter the final two Gargoyles on the Island, Gargoyles 15 and 16. This will complete the sub quest, 'Gargoyles on Storm island'. Talk to Eldric to inform him you have taken care of The General and he will tell you that you need to silence the final Geyser, this will then trigger the sub-quest 'The Last Geyser'. At this point I had 3 eggs, and found the last 2 eggs back next to Magical Geyser 2 (point MG2 on the map below). Return here to find them, if not then recheck all the above locations as they may have respawned. Talk to Eldric to make the final dose of the serum and return to the final Magical Geyser inside the temple to turn it off. Talk to Eldric for the final time to complete the 'Air Temple' quest and the trophy will unlock. Eldric will now tell you that the gargoyles have dispersed to all Islands of the game. Refer to the Exterminator trophy for further details.

http://i.imgur.com/Tu0T1YT.png

Key:

Numbers 1-16 = The locations of the 16 Gargoyles.

MG1-3 = The locations of the three Magical Geysers.

RC = The location of the Marooned Sailor Robinson Crusoe.

X = The starting point on Storm Island.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/BFD.jpg Robinson Crusoe (B)

'The Marooned Sailor' completed

GLITCH WARNING

As stated above, before you set foot on the island make sure you Save your game as this DLC can be very glitchy and buggy, with the potential to lock out some trophies. If for any reason you cannot speak to or see the Marooned Sailor on the beach, reload your save and try again. This is a commonly encountered glitch but as long as you have a backup save or recently Saved your game then you should be fine. The game can also become very laggy whilst fighting Sunken Ones on the beach.

After fighting a few Sunken Ones and Sand Devils when you first arrive on Storm Island you will come across a marooned sailor called Robinson Crusoe. He initially warns you of the dangers of the island, especially the 'Flying Dogs' (aka Gargoyles). Advance through the dialogue options and he will inform you that he has hidden Gargoyle eggs. After striking a deal with him you will begin the quest 'The Marooned Sailor'. Following your conversation Crusoe will tell you to keep heading East along the beach to find his chest where he has hidden Gargoyle Eggs (part of the sub-quest 'A Chest Full of Eggs'). At this point you should keep heading east up the narrow river at the end of the beach until you come across the 'foul smelling chest' (point FSC on the map above) on your Left where you will find 3 Gargoyle Eggs inside. Once you find these eggs return to Crusoe, who will either be on the beach where you first met him (point RC on the map above) or up by his cabin just a little further East of this location. He will then return to your ship and wait for you there.

After completing the 'Air Temple' quest (see the Templar trophy) return to your ship where you will find Crusoe drinking rum on the main deck. In order to complete the quest and unlock this trophy, you must travel to Antigua. Once there speak to Crusoe to unlock the trophy.

Edited by dcollins22
Editorial Sweep.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/996/825.jpg Exterminator (S)(H)

Killed all gargoyles and gave their eggs to Eldric

You will start this quest on Antigua when you meet Eldric by the river to the north of the Harbour Town. Along your way you will come across Gargoyles, which are about the same size as the Guardians in the main game. They are pretty tough but shouldn't be a problem if you have brought a crew member with you. Once you talk to Eldric he will tell you to kill all 12 Gargoyles on the island and collect all 5 eggs. Upon completing this Eldric will inform you that the Gargoyles have spread to other islands of the game and that he will be waiting on your ship. This will start the 'The Air Temple' quest where you will need to travel to Storm Island, refer to the Templar trophy for a complete walkthrough of this quest.

Once you have finished the 'Air Temple' quest and have killed all 16 Gargoyles on the Storm Island (and thus completed the quest 'Gargoyles on Storm Island') you will then need to travel to all other islands and kill the remaining Gargoyles and collect the remaining Gargoyle eggs on each. This part of the quest 'The Swarm' which you will begin once you talk to Eldric back on your ship after completing the 'Air Temple' quest. You must travel to all 6 locations and talk to Eldric once you arrive. Not all 6 locations have Gargoyles, however, you must still travel there and talk to Eldric. A sub-quest for each island that has Gargoyles will trigger once you talk to Eldric. Refer to the lsland list below for a walkthrough of each one.

The encounters with the Gargoyles can be quite difficult as you are often heavily outnumbered. Below are some general tips that will help you get through the last trophy of the DLC and that one step closer to completing the game to 100%. First off be sure you have plenty of Provisions, grog and rum in your inventory as you will need a lot of them regardless of what stage in the game you play through the DLC. Bring Patty along with you to help in the fights as she is by far the best crew member so use her to your advantage. Gargoyles are tough enemies, especially when you have to fight them along with various other enemies at the one time. Refer to the General Information section for strategies on how to fight Gargoyles, along with all other enemies found in the game and info on your crew mates.

Lastly, Save before travelling to each new island as this DLC can be very glitchy and buggy. I encountered many frame rate issues and game freezes. Other players have found that some Gargoyles won't spawn and thus you cannot complete this quest and unlock the trophy, however, if you have backup Saves you can simply reload the game to fix the bug.

• Caldera - No Gargoyles
  • Isle of the Dead - No Gargoyles
  • Tacarigua - 3 x Gargoyles and 3 x eggs.
    Upon arrival and talking to Eldric the sub-quests 'Gargoyles on Tacarigua' and 'The Brood on Tacarigua' will begin. Speak to Booze in the bar and he will tell you where they are and even mark them on your map. Press :circle: and navigate to your logbook and press :square: on either of the two quests to activate their locations on your map. They are located on the beach to the North West of the Pirates Den. Once both sub-quests are completed return to your ship and speak to Eldric.
  • Maracai Bay - 6 x Gargoyles and 6 x eggs
    Upon arrival and talking to Eldric, the sub-quests 'Gargoyles at Maraci Bay' and 'The Brood at Maracai Bay' will begin. Speak to Valdez and he will tell you there are two groups of Gargoyles to the South. Activate their location as per above. Each Gargoyle is surrounded by numerous Sand Devils so be sure to try and take them out first. Once you have completed both sub-quests return to your ship and speak to Eldric.
  • Sword Coast - 6 x Gargoyles and 6 x eggs
    Upon arrival and talking to Eldric, the sub-quests 'Gargoyles on the Sword Coast' and 'The Brood on the Sword Coast' will begin. You will then need to speak to Chani, she will either be on your boat as a member of the crew if you progressed down the Voodoo path of the story, otherwise you will find her in the Shaganumbi Village. Once you have spoken to her the locations of the Gargoyles and eggs will appear on your mini-map, just be sure to activate the quest as per the above locations. The Gargoyles are located in two groups of three, the first of which is west of the Pirates' Tower and the second of which is south of the Pirates' Tower. The eggs are located in the same locations as the Gargoyles. Here the Gargoyles will be surrounded by either Cave Bats or Sand Devils.
  • Isle of Thieves - 3 x Gargoyles and 3 x eggs.
    Upon arrival and talking to Eldric, the sub-quests 'Gargoyles on the isle of Thieves' and 'The Brood on the Isle of Thieves' will begin. You will then need to speak to Jaffar. He will be a member of your crew at this point in the game, so you will find him on the main deck of your ship. Once you have spoken to him, the locations of the Gargoyles and eggs will appear on your mini-map, just be sure to activate the quest in your logbook for them to appear on your in-game map under the Sea Chart tab in the pause menu. The Gargoyles and eggs are located to the South of the Gnomes Village. They are most easily accessible by taking the path into the jungle from the Southern beach, close to where you dock your ship at the island. The Gargoyles will be surrounded by numerous Sunken Ones, Caves Bats and Warrior Termites.

It doesn't matter what order you visit the Islands in, just as long as you visit all of them and speak to Eldric before and after killing the Gargoyles/collecting their eggs. Upon completing the last island, return to your ship and inform Eldric. At this point you will complete the quest 'The Swarm' and the trophy will unlock.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

http://i.imgur.com/fbbSkVS.png

Exploring and Game Progression

From the very beginning of the game I advise you to look and search everywhere for enemies to kill and items you can pick up. There's no limit to your inventory so as I have said before, pick up absolutely everything you can. This will help you get health items (Provisions) as well as gold as most of the stuff find you can just sell to any vendor. It's worth noting that vendors/traders don't have a limit on gold either so you can sell everything you have and they will buy it all. Talk to every person you see as there are hundreds of quests in this game and you will need to complete 250 of them for the Mr Industrious trophy. Most items you find will be plants and provisions, the later can be picked up from killed enemies (in the form of raw meat which must then be cooked at a campfire). Looting killed enemies is another useful way of obtaining items and I highly advise purchasing the Bonesaw item for traders at Pirates Den, such as Flanagan, early in the game as this will allow you to pick items up from dead enemies that don't usually drop anything (e.g. Blueclaw Monkeys).

Not many quests are missable and if you're following the walkthrough you will find and complete just about all of them anyway. I highly advise using a quest walkthrough as knowing what to do in quests can be very confusing as most don't have a destination marker on your map, rather the quest giver may give you a general bearing (e.g. South West) for you to head in. As stated previously, the most comprehensive walkthrough of all quests in the game can be found here: Risen 2: Dark Waters Game Guide & Walkthrough

Most enemies won't respawn after you return to the area from another island so be sure to look and explore every inch of an island to find enemies, this will help towards Big Game Hunter as well as earning glory for the All-Rounder trophy. For information on these refer to their respective descriptions in the above trophy guide. People have said that enemies do respawn when they revisit areas but this was very rare for me and if they had it wouldn't be the full number, just a few here and there.

Combat

There are various types of enemies in the game, some that are very easily disposed of, while others can be very challenging even when playing on easy. I have provided as many tips and strategies on how to fight effectively and sometimes cheaply to get through the game. Most enemies can be beaten by simply spamming heavy attack :square:. Hold :l1: to lock on to an enemy, this can be very useful especially when enemies such as Clawed Monkeys begin running circles around you which can make it hard to aim and attack at them. When fighting human enemies (i.e. Pirates, Bandits, Inquisition Soldiers and Natives) :l1: can be used to parry so instead of holding it down, you can time it so when the enemy is attacking and pressing it just before they hit you. Otherwise holding it down can also be effective, especially if you are playing on easy difficulty. Tougher enemies will not be beaten by simply spamming attack with :square: as they will consistently block your attack with them, thus forcing you to either jump away or kick them using :l1: + :triangle: and even sometimes that won't work. Be sure to move around a lot when fighting enemies such as Firebirds, any human enemies, Spiders, Panthers/Jaguars etc. In mentioning this, I highly advise learning the kick skill as soon as you get to the Pirates' Den as it will be very useful in breaking the lock on enemies that are consistently attacking you. For further tips on how to fight strategically and effectively keep reading the Provisions and Crew members sections below. Finally when fighting more then one enemy at once, be sure to never turn your back on them and always face them. This will prevent you from getting stuck in an attack from the front and back by multiple enemies, you can hold down :l1: and move around/back up to help stay facing the right way.

Your attire and weapon choice is also important in the game, because the clothing you wear adds points to various attributes and talents and different weapons obviously have higher rates of damage. It's worth investing in a quality sword as well. Gold isn't an issue if you use the Shooting mini-game exploit (refer to the Made of Money trophy for details) so whenever you see a trader selling a better weapon, buy it. A weapon with higher damage will mean the difference between dying and killing an enemy on many occasions. I also recommend always having a weapon (preferably a pistol) equipped in your other hand which you can use by holding :l1: and pressing :r1:. Some pistols can do a lot of damage and are very helpful against some of the more tougher enemies. Clothing and jewellery can also add points to various attributes including those related to cunning and toughness.

Provisions

Always carry Provisions with you, it's as simple as that. These can range from flowers and mushrooms found whilst exploring through to raw meat that can be cooked over a camp fire and fruit and vegetables. Each can restore a different amount of health. Provisions are easy to find so you shouldn't worry about not having enough and remember, there is no limit to the amount of items you can store in your inventory so pick up absolutely everything that isn't fixed to the ground.

One thing to note is that when you consume a Provision you must wait for your health bar to regenerate as it doesn't give you an instant amount of health, therefore if you are on the verge of death during a battle do not rely on Provisions but consume grog or rum instead which will restore a larger amount of health instantly. Since these are more expensive and less common in the game, I would only use them in emergencies and keep a healthy supply of all health restoring items in your inventory. Sleeping in beds is also a quick and easy way to restore health without having to use any consumable items. Furthermore, if you chose the Natives path at the junction of the story you will soon hire Chani as a member of your crew. She has healing voodoo powers and as long as your near her she will replenish your health, whether she is your active crew member or not.

Crew members

Having a companion follow you can be very useful, especially in the early parts of the game where the Unnamed Hero is pretty weak and doesn't deal much damage. The good thing about companions is that they cannot completely die, however, they can go down and come back to life once the nearby enemies have been killed or are no longer a threat. Use this to your full advantage. Always stay near your companion when taking on multiple enemies at once so they can distract them whilst you attack from behind. You will still be rewarded with Glory points from enemies your companion kills, regardless if you have inflicted any damage to that enemy or not. I found it best to let your crew member (which ever one you have following you at the time) to take on the enemy and distract it while you can run around behind them and strike from behind. This works particularly well against human enemies as they are very good at parrying and blocking your attacks front on.

Note: You can only have one crew member following you at one time. Each has a different strength so use whichever one you feel most comfortable with and that compliments your playing style. I personally just used Patty the entire game as she has a strong sword, a large amount of health and uses a pistol every now and then which deals a lot of damage. In order to change crew members just return to your ship, speak to the person you want to follow you and choose the dialogue option 'come with me'. In total there are 5 NPCs in the main game that can join your crew, for more information on their strengths and weakness and where to find them refer to the Tour Guide trophy in the main guide.

Edited by dcollins22

Enemies encountered in the game, locations and Glory received

Note: Not every single enemy in the game is listed, there may be a few I have missed that you might only encounter a couple of times. Images of all enemies in the game can be found here: http://risen.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Risen_2_Creatures

• Sand Devil - 50 Glory. These are the first enemies you encounter in the game. Very easy to kill even if you are taking on 3-4 at one time. You can just spam :square: and they will go down pretty quick. They can be found throughout the entire game, mostly on beaches.
  • Claw monkey - 50 Glory. These are very easy to kill as they often don't fight back, just keep spamming :square:. They will run around you in a circle which can be quite annoying so keep holding down :l1: to lock on and follow them. These enemies are found throughout the game in jungles.
  • Turkey - 20 Glory. An Ambient animal that will die in one hit. These are found everywhere throughout the game, especially around villages and camps. Be careful when killing them as you may frighten NPCs who will start attacking you.
    Rat - 20 Glory. An Ambient animal and will die in one hit. These are Found everywhere throughout the game, especially around villages and camps. Be careful when killing them as you may frighten NPCs who will start attacking you.
  • Giant Crab - 100 Glory. You will need to kick these enemies onto their backs (:l1: + :triangle:) in order to deal damage. These are found on most beaches throughout the game, especially on the Sword Coast. Refer to the Crab Catcher trophy for more details.
  • Firebird - 100 Glory. These can be difficult when you first come across them in the game. Be sure to move around and only do a few hits at a time, otherwise they will keep attacking you preventing you from moving around which can quickly drain your health. Letting your crew member gain their attention is a good strategy, thus allowing you to move behind the enemy and spam :square:. You will first encounter these enemies on the Sword Coast and afterwards are a common enemy throughout the rest of the game, they are often found in pairs.
  • Warthog - 50 Glory. Another pretty easy enemy. They will charge at you which you can dodge by jumping to the side with :triangle:. Otherwise you can spam :square:. A common enemy on Tacarigua and early parts of the game, often found in groups of 2-3.
  • Jaguar - 100 Glory. These, along with Panthers, will pounce on you as soon as they run at you. You can avoid this by running around when you first spot them, otherwise you will have to rapidly press :triangle: to throw them off. After avoiding their initial attack they are pretty easy to kill, especially if you have have a crew member with you. Not common in the game and they are often associated with quests. Only found on their own, never in groups.
  • Cave Bat - 100 Glory. Another easy enemy, first encountered in the caves on the Sword Coast. They don't attack often so you can spam :square:. These enemies are found in groups of 2-3.
    Termite Worker - 50 Glory. As with other easy enemies you can spam :square:. They don't have a strong attack and it won't interrupt your attack. They are found throughout the entire game. As termites live in big colonies, these guys are often found in groups of 4+ individuals.
  • Termite Warrior - 100 Glory. These are slightly stronger then the Termite Worker, however, they aren't too difficult to kill. They are found throughout the entire game. These are most often found on their own, but often with lots of Termite Workers and occasionally other Termite Warriors.
  • Panther - 200 Glory. Refer to "Jaguar" above.
  • Grave Spider - 200 Glory. One of the toughest enemies in the game. It is very difficult to take these guys down in close quarters combat so my advice is to stay back and use ranged attacks (e.g. Titan Spear or firearm). A cheap method to take these guys down easily is to lure them to the caves edge where they won't be able to follow you out, and you will be free to spam your throwing weapon attack. There is one located in the cave on Tacarigua, however, it is very tough that early on in the game. You will encounter these guys more often on Islands such as Maracai Bay, Antigua and the Sword Coast. You should only have to fight one at a time, however, when you fight one there are often a few more near by.
  • Ghoul - 100 Glory. Pretty tough the first few encounters but once you have a stronger weapon they aren't too much of a problem. You can't block their attacks so be sure to move around. Found in the various temples in the later parts of the game, especially on the Isle of the Dead and Maracai Bay. Often found in groups of 2+ individuals.
  • Gorilla - 200 Glory. Pretty tough enemies, though there aren't many in the game. I found climbing on top of a rock or up a slight elevation worked quite well as it allows you to get more attacks in. I encountered only a few in the game, one being on Maracai Bay just chilling with a Panther. If you have the Treasure Isle DLC you will have to fight 5 at once. Luckily your attack interrupts their attack so more often then not you can just spam :square:.
  • Warrior - 100 Glory. Timing is key in fighting these guys as they will block your sword attacks with their spear. As soon as they start to attack, you should start attacking as well as this will leave them unguarded and will interrupt their attack. You will get hit a few times but they don't deal to much damage. Watch out for their Spear throw when at a distance. You will probably first encounter these guys on the Sword Coast, however, there are many on the Isle of the Dead.
  • Guardians - 220 Glory. Another very tough enemy you will encounter a lot of on the Isle of the Dead. As with the Grave Spiders you won't be able to take these guys on in close quarters combat. Use ranged attacks such as firearms and the Titan Spear. They are very fast runners IMO so it's hard to keep a distance the whole time, plus they are often surrounded by warriors and ghouls (especially on the Isle of the Dead). I found the easiest way to beat them is to lure them back to the set of stairs you descend at the entrance of the Isle of the Dead (after where you first meet Tao). Run up the stairs and to either one of the sides. This should cause the Guard to stand below the stairs to either one of the sides and try and hit you, however he won't be able to get you as you are to high. You are then free to spam your Titan Spear by aiming with :l1: and throwing with :r1:. A cheap method I know but you will have to fight around 4-5 of these guys in this area. When you face these guys in other areas of the game, just keep moving and avoid the two handed attack, they are pretty slow so it's easy to get behind them and deal a few blows.
  • Leviathan - 200 Glory. You will first encounter these when you arrive on the Isle of Thieves, they are similar to other large enemies such as Guardians in that they have a single heavy attack. It can take off a lot of health so be careful when fighting in close range. I would either hang back and use a firearm or Titan Spear but if you're going to fight them up close and personal, be sure to keep jumping around and moving to avoid their attack and just slowly grind down his health by attacking in short bursts.
  • Sunken One - 100 Glory. Although you fight a single one of these enemies early in the game, it isn't until the Isle of Thieves that you come across them in the wild so to speak. Here they are in groups of up to 5 individuals so try and lure one away at a time to avoid a tough battle, this isn't always possible so you will likely have to fight 2-3 at one time. My advice would be to make sure you keep all of them in front of you by holding :l1: and backing up if need be so you won't get hit from behind. Always face them and Wait until they have finished their attack before starting yours. By this stage of the game they aren't very tough, and you can almost just spam :square: until they die. It's even easier if you have a crew member to help you along. They are armed with an axe so you can can block their attacks by holding :l1: whilst fighting.
  • Gargoyle - 200 Glory Points. These creatures are unique to the Air Temple DLC. They are quite tough and similar to other large enemies in the game such as Leviathans and Guardians. They have two main attacks, a slow/heavy one which deals a lot of damage and a short/fast one which doesn't deal as much damage but is more difficult to evade. You can't block their attacks and they can quickly drain your health with only a few hits. Make sure you have a crew member with you, and then get behind the enemy to get a few hits in before you attract their attention. Once they shift their focus back to you, run around and let their attention return to the crew member. Repeat this process for each one.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

Skills and Attributes

There are 5 attributes in the game (blade, firearms, toughness, cunning and voodoo) all of which must be maxed out to the highest level for their respective 'Learn everything about...' trophies, they are each composed of three separate talents that are unique to that attribute. In my opinion you don't need to level up any of them past level 2-3 (10 is the max level) if playing on Easy difficulty, plus you will need the Glory for the All-Rounder trophy anyway (see the Trophy Guide for further information). My advice would be to save your Glory points until you have enough for this trophy, then distribute them as you wish among the different attributes depending on your playstyle.

The overall rating/skill level of each of the 25 talents (and thus each attribute) can be increased by consuming/eating various items throughout the game, finding legendary items (see Legendary Hero for more information) and by purchasing/wearing better weapons, clothing and jewellery. The consumables are most often plants and include such things as Sword Thorn (+1 to Slashing, Piercing and Throwing weapons) and Graveroot (+1 to Black Magic, Death Cult and Ritual) which provide a permanent increase to a certain talent. These can be bought and found throughout the world and there is no limit to how many times each type can be used.

Below is a list of all 5 attributes and the talents in which they are composed off. Whilst playing on easy you won't need to upgrade your skill levels very far, plus you will want to save your Glory points for the skill related trophies - refer to All-Rounder for more information. Once these trophies have been completed then you can distribute you Glory points as you wish and upgrade whatever skills you like. I suggest to upgrade the blade, toughness and cunning skills as they are the most useful in the game. Furthermore, they will make your player stronger which will help defeat enemies faster whilst grinding out your kills for the Big Game Hunter trophy.

• Blade - (Slashing Weapons, Piercing Weapons, Throwing Weapons)
  • Firearms - (Muskets, Shotguns, Pistols)
  • Toughness - (Bladeproof, Bulletproof, Intimidate)
  • Cunning - (Dirty Tricks, Thievery, Silver Tongue)
  • Voodoo - (Black Magic, Death Cult, Ritual)

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

http://i.imgur.com/OxUh5bZ.png

I'd like to thank the following people for their contribution to the creation of this guide:

• Vyrastas - For creating the Trophy Guide Template.
  • UV & Maciej "Czarny" Kozlowski - For creating a complete walkthrough of the entire game, without which would have made the game a lot harder. As mentioned throughout my guide, you can find their walkthrough here: Risen 2: Dark Waters Game Guide and Walkthrough
  • The Risen Wiki - For creating the Creature list.
  • All the images in this guide were created by myself (i.e dcollins22).

Edited by dcollins22
Editorial Sweep.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey,

I'm currently updating the data for this game in Project Platinum and there is a big difference in the time. Does the 70-90 estimate refer to the DLC time as well? If so, what's the estimate for the (P) only?

Cheers.

Hi Shadow,

I would say just the platinum would be 60-80 hours. A large window I know but as with most games it largely depends on the order in which the player progresses through the game.

Cheers

I was going to write one about this, but now I see why I didn't. I could never have done so good one even with one year to collect information! Nice work, this game was fun and deserves a good guide. ;)

I also think platinum is kinda long. I completed the story in little over 40 hours while collecting everything on the way (without guides) and still need those grind trophies from killing 2000 monsters and digging 50 treasures..

I was going to write one about this, but now I see why I didn't. I could never have done so good one even with one year to collect information! Nice work, this game was fun and deserves a good guide. ;)

I also think platinum is kinda long. I completed the story in little over 40 hours while collecting everything on the way (without guides) and still need those grind trophies from killing 2000 monsters and digging 50 treasures..

Thanks mate, I appreciate it. Put a lot of work into this guide, but i don't think many people will end up using it :p

Yeah I still have the Big Game Hunter and All Rounder trophies for 100% platinum, but after putting in all this time into the game and the guide I need a break from this game.