Levling tips?

Vapor_N4

Hey I'm finding this game pretty difficult early on even on Easy. Maybe I'm doing more exploring than I should be. Anyway, does anyone have tips for which attributes you should level up first? and which skills to buy? I have about 8000 Glory and 700 glory ATM and just reached the pirates

Not sure how to go about all this. For example I learned the piercing weapons skill (faster attacks?) cuz it was the only one I could afford. Too late now, but would it have been better save up for a different one?

Thanks

Edited by Vapor_N4

I presume you mean 8000 glory and 700 gold (or vice versa)?

Anyway, level up your thieving attribute first, so you can steal from treasure chests. Don't overlevel it, though. Don't bother with weapon attributes (swords, etc.) - the treasures you pick up should be more than enough boost for them. Normal enemies will be annoying throughout the game, though, but you'll persevere. Just use a lot of rations and rum, and you'll be fine.

Also, make use of the infinite money glitch I mentioned in an earlier thread (assuming you can win the shooting game), and you should be able to buy whatever skills you want (although obviously you will be limited by your attributes). Survive and advance - you don't want to run out of glory before you max out everything in your first playthrough.

Edited by starcrunch061

Personally, once you get the rifle * assuming you take the rifle over voodoo *, it becomes the greatest weapon ever. shoot, back up, shoot, back up, shoot.

Game drops in difficulty alot after that, and make good use of the NPCs, they go all buggy, but are good for taking the enemy and getting it to turn it's back to you, allowing you to easily beat it down.

The game is alot harder when you start than as you progress it drops, the combat is still clunky as hell, and doesn' get much better, so pistols and rifles are your friend, unless you're on the voodoo run, then it just sucks.