Glitches to know about?

Dancing Mad

Just got this game today. Now I've heard quite a lot of complaints, like crappy framerates, piss poor combat, demanding prices for ''leveling up''. I can deal with that, I don't care. Played a good six hours, and so far this is pretty cool and addicting.

But one of the things I read about are glitches, and that's one thing I can't stand. Now it doesn't matter if it just freezes and whatnot, I can deal with that. But I heard that in this game, you can actually sell key items needed for progression, and that messes up everything and then you have to start over.

This is what I want to know about. I love getting trophies and I'm aiming for the plat here, so is there anything at all I should know about for hazardous glitches?

I'm suddenly reminded of Sacred 2 and its many glitches...why do some PC games do so badly on console ports? In Risen 2, I was on a ship, and this captain dude, (Sebastiano) was...floating in the air, walking in place. As I advance, he suddenly drops. That's pretty funny if you ask me... until the game becomes unwinable due to some dumbass glitch or whatnot...what should I be wary of, mateys?

Hi, now i am on 77% of the trophies taken, nearly at the final stage.

I play on ps3, so i speak about it: here is IMPOSSIBLE to sell key-item that you need to go on with the story, the game do not allow that.

The game is patched at the latest, never had any bug: frame rate drops yes, they begin when my savegame was over 1mb (if this can help), but not too often. You enter in the menù, wait for some seconds then all is ok.

About the trophy, yes, follow the roadmap, is perfect. It will be long.

If got any question free to ask

Thanks guys, good to know all this. I had an item that said ''cannot be sold'', so I guess what I was reading was before whatever patches they made for this.

And the last boss glitches? O_o

And about turning auto saving off; I'll try that, although so far my game hasn't glitched, besides the floating captain. But I like autosave, as I'm always dying. XD

Kind of random, but how do you take care of the jaguars? I can't ever do anything against those, they just jump me, I always fail the button thing and I die.

I didn't have freezing on last boss, but many times when killing guardians. The jaguar tap thing becomes harder if you wait longer. Be sure to start tapping :triangle: right after it has lunged at you. I was afraid of them at the first island, but after that they were never a problem.. just wait until you meet the alligators. :rolleyes:

So that's what it is, for the jaguars. I wondered, because one pounced on me and I started tapping triangle, and I got it off easily. So I figured, maybe the more your toughness increases, the better it gets. So I'm all like, yeah no prob you dang kitties. But then the next one totally killed me. Huh...

Also jeez, could they give you at least like, ONE second to evade traps? I mean those are completely unforgivable lol. The only time I ever succeed is when I know it's coming. :/

So I got the black screen everyone is talking about. My roomie told me this happens a lot when a console has problems maintaining too many colors and details at the same time. Is this right? In my case, I was on the sword coast during a storm, fighting a giant crab. It kept flashing and everything, and right as I shoot the crab everything goes black. :/ Had to reboot the game, and it was fine after that, although everytime a storm comes, I go to sleep until the next day haha.

Some tips I saw; get your gamma as low as it can go, and turn off auto save, which I did.

Edited by Dancing Mad

oh one of the Unique weapon Quest is glitched. the Blacksmith in the Town where you steal the ship is supposed to give you the "King's Hilt" instead he has a tendency to give you the Storm Hilt which is gotten elsewhere. Which makes that quest impossible.

True, happened to me too, but the weapon is not required for a trophy, thus by extension the (P).

Read a post of mine from the forums. On my old fat 20 gig, game would literally go dark on me, forcing me to restart !

Also, not really a glitch, just me being careless. There's only one lock pick in the game and it can be sold, sure you can repurchase it, but if you are unaware of whom you sold it to, could be very annoying. I just got lucky and found it again.

Edited by Yasgard

Random question...since the roadmap thread is inconveniently closed...do trophies stack in this game?

yes, and they do NOT link with savegame. If you like you can use only one savegame, end game, begin another game, save and the hidden statistic (as monster killed, treasure found, and so on) continue to grow up.

Otherwise, there is not a new game +.

Random question...since the roadmap thread is inconveniently closed...do trophies stack in this game?

Yeah, it's ridiculous. The first one is closed because of a silly site rule that says you need so many posts to post a roadmap, and another was closed...for plagiarizing the first one.

Nuuuuurrrrrr....

Yeah, it's ridiculous. The first one is closed because of a silly site rule that says you need so many posts to post a roadmap, and another was closed...for plagiarizing the first one.

Nuuuuurrrrrr....

that rule is incredibly ridiculous, as the mods have to check the roadmaps anyway, so if it were a load of rubbish they would just delete it!

Anyway, on the isle of thieves, there is a side quest where you have to get a crown from a cave and give it to a specific gnome to get the shirts you need for the main story quest, it is possible to sell that crown to the merchant gnome thus making you unable to finish the story quest. However you can buy it back once you realise, and as there is only the one merchant on the island, it's pretty easy to remember who you sold it too, but still a clear error in making the game

@Dancing_mad have you managed to get any of the "attribute" trophies yet? for toughness, cunning etc, as i just got cunning up to level 10, and have all the skills for it learned, yet the trophy hasn't popped, do i need to keep using glory to level it up higher than 10? i have the legendary item "one left boot" which says it adds +1 to the cunning attributes base value, does that mean i have to upgrade it to level 11 to unlock or what? anyone know?

Have you ever found sometimes you're in a fight, and pressing square, and instead he just stands there holding his sword getting his face smashed in by monsters

I've had that reversed. On the Maracai Bay, I went after these pirates. There were four around a campfire, and two rushed me. After I killed them, the battle music stayed on, so I thought maybe some wild animal was around...but those other two pirates were supposed to attack me. But they just stood by the fire, chilling. I hit one, he attacks, I kill him...the other stands still, hit him, he attacks, killed him...my guess is they were all supposed to attack me.

I've had that reversed. On the Maracai Bay, I went after these pirates. There were four around a campfire, and two rushed me. After I killed them, the battle music stayed on, so I thought maybe some wild animal was around...but those other two pirates were supposed to attack me. But they just stood by the fire, chilling. I hit one, he attacks, I kill him...the other stands still, hit him, he attacks, killed him...my guess is they were all supposed to attack me.

i just did that fight earlier today, they all attacked me, but i've had it happen with other enemies, which did make things easier