Funny, useful glitch (infinite money)

starcrunch061

I've been playing this, and like it more than most. But I noticed a way to make infinite money (and not even that slowly). Apologies if someone else noted this elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

You can do this as early as your first visit to Tacarigua, and as far as I can tell, you can do it until the end of the game. The trick is the following: the gunsmith (Barney) gives you two opportunities to make money in his shooting game. The first is shooting the fleet, which costs you 50 gold, but makes you 500 gold. The second is a contest that costs 10 gold, but makes 250 gold. Both are one-time opportunities.

However, it turns out you can play "Shoot the Fleet" as often as you want. To do this, simply fail out in the 10 gold game (just shoot all of the shots without hitting anything). After you fail, Barney will offer you to play shoot the fleet. Win as usual, and you will get 500 gold.

It's obviously a glitch, BTW - if you miss a shot on the last round of Shoot the Fleet (recommended, BTW), Barney will refund the 10 gold you should have lost in the original game. While not necessary for the plat, it's nice to build up gold stores - you can then buy up tons of healing items, buy the best armors, etc., without ever worrying about not having enough gold to max out skills later on.

• 7 years later...
I've been playing this, and like it more than most. But I noticed a way to make infinite money (and not even that slowly). Apologies if someone else noted this elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

You can do this as early as your first visit to Tacarigua, and as far as I can tell, you can do it until the end of the game. The trick is the following: the gunsmith (Barney) gives you two opportunities to make money in his shooting game. The first is shooting the fleet, which costs you 50 gold, but makes you 500 gold. The second is a contest that costs 10 gold, but makes 250 gold. Both are one-time opportunities.

However, it turns out you can play "Shoot the Fleet" as often as you want. To do this, simply fail out in the 10 gold game (just shoot all of the shots without hitting anything). After you fail, Barney will offer you to play shoot the fleet. Win as usual, and you will get 500 gold.

It's obviously a glitch, BTW - if you miss a shot on the last round of Shoot the Fleet (recommended, BTW), Barney will refund the 10 gold you should have lost in the original game. While not necessary for the plat, it's nice to build up gold stores - you can then buy up tons of healing items, buy the best armors, etc., without ever worrying about not having enough gold to max out skills later on.

Sorry mods for bumping an old thread (why that's such a big deal I still have no clue) but I believe I read somewhere that this glitch was patched?