Big Game Hunter trophy

Aponac

I have a question regarding the Big Game Hunter trophy, which requires you to kill 2000 monsters. What creatures are defined as monsters?

I got the 500 kills trophy when I was looking for the ship's requirements on Antigua, which isn't even halfway in the game, and I'm somewhere in my third playthrough now. So I'm hoping I'm close to achieving it.

I have a question regarding the Big Game Hunter trophy, which requires you to kill 2000 monsters. What creatures are defined as monsters?

I got the 500 kills trophy when I was looking for the ship's requirements on Antigua, which isn't even halfway in the game, and I'm somewhere in my third playthrough now. So I'm hoping I'm close to achieving it.

Furthermore I'd like to know what is actually defined as a kill. Does it count

when a companion killed a monster?

Furthermore I'd like to know what is actually defined as a kill. Does it count

when a companion killed a monster?

I think it does, your companions do need to be in your group. As long as you see Glory Points appear after a kill, it's yours.

I'm busy grinding this last trophy on the Isle of Thieves, killing Sunken Ones, termites, cave bats, giant crabs and sand devils.

I hope these all count as monsters for the 2000 kills? Anyone who could shed some light on the subject?

I'm busy grinding this last trophy on the Isle of Thieves, killing Sunken Ones, termites, cave bats, giant crabs and sand devils.

I hope these all count as monsters for the 2000 kills? Anyone who could shed some light on the subject?

I think anything that can be provoked will count as a monster so everything apart from NPC's as they get back up and i can't see turkeys counting or rats as they are neutral i could be wrong but theres no easy way to track a kill unless someone gets there 500th kill after killing a turkey or rat.

I think anything that can be provoked will count as a monster so everything apart from NPC's as they get back up and i can't see turkeys counting or rats as they are neutral i could be wrong but theres no easy way to track a kill unless someone gets there 500th kill after killing a turkey or rat.

For the record: I don't need to save in a different slot after every run, do I?

Edit: Saving is not required, just got the final trophy and the platinum!

Someone should really make a trophy roadmap for this game.

Edited by Aponac

For the record: I don't need to save in a different slot after every run, do I?

Edit: Saving is not required, just got the final trophy and the platinum!

Someone should really make a trophy roadmap for this game.

Ok just to clear this up say i have a save then go kill 10 mobs i can just hit load and kill the same 10 again and it will track it without even saving?

Ok just to clear this up say i have a save then go kill 10 mobs i can just hit load and kill the same 10 again and it will track it without even saving?

Exactly. That's what I did. The game keeps track of everything you've done. It's the same strategy you use for the All Rounder trophy. Collect enough Glory Points and gold, make a save, upgrade and learn everything for one talent, and reload.

Do keep in mind that you need to kill monsters. Someone else posted somewhere that he cleared a single island over and over again, and that it only popped after approximately 3000 kills, thinking that the trophy is glitched. Monkeys, boars, alligators, jaguars, panthers and such do not count, as far as I know. You need to kill fictional beings, such as firebirds, giant crabs, sand devils, termites, sunken ones, ...

That's why I suggest clearing everything on the Isle of Thieves. The island is perfect for grinding the trophy because it's a small island and it contains nothing but monsters. You can kill about 40 to 50 in every run.

The only trophy that doesn't work cumulative, is Legendary Hero. I tried it myself, you need to find all 20 legendary items in one playthrough. You can't for instance find 19 in one game, and find the other one in your second run.

Edited by Aponac

I am currently grinding kills on the storm island (Air Temple DLC) and can

confirm that "normal" monsters (such as panthers, monkeys etc.) do not count.

I started counting after I got the "500 kills" trophy and I am now way over

2000 non-human kills. I am bored. Well, shame on the developers, I guess. :think:

Edited by chiefo

Yeah, working on that trophy on and off now.

Play some Dark souls.

Get angry

Pop in Risen 2

Switch out and do 2-3 runs of Storm Island, which is good for about 40-50 monster kills a runthrough being relatively quick.

2000 is such a silly number when one playthrough seems to net you around 600-750 kills pending on how much you searched.

Whereas the GOLD 250 quests trophy pops like halfway through the first runthrough.

But ever slowly i will grind at this trophy, also convinced the wife to do a playthrough of her own while I'm at work.. 50 less kills here I come!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to everyone who got this so far. I am still trying to grind this one out as well. Got bored and quit playing for awhile to play Darksiders 2. Decided to try some more today but its hard to get excited about it when all thats left is grinding. Wish the developers would have put in a tally of kills and such like dragon's dogma and elder scrolls. Even Dead Island has a tally.

what you guys are doing is just reloading over and over again?

because it seems that in my game, monsters doesn't like to respawn, is there some kind of trick?

i'm trying to not replay the whole game to get the mastery stats trophies, i have 13000 glory points and i need a lot more to max those

Read this post:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/risen-2-dark-waters/167639-big-game-hunter-trophy.html#post2959828

Edited by chiefo

The best place to farm monsters is the final island (water temple). After you defeat the kraken, monsters will attack you on the island. SAVE your game! Let your comrads kill them and they will count for you. Then RELOAD your game and fight again until you reach your trophy.

Another good place to farm monsters is the final battle with Mara. Don't fight her, instead let her spawn monsters. If you got a skilled hero, you'll can defeat them easily. After you defeat all monsters, run again from Mara and let her spawn new monsters. This way you can fight about 400 monsters per hour.

Greetings

walujam

Edited by walujam

Don't even recall what I killed to get my 500 trophy.

But the 2000 kill trophy is a pain.

Full playthrough

2/3 playthrough to get voodoo up.

Random amount of grinding.

currently at an 600 kills+ in addition to all of that.

No trophy as of yet....

Ridiculous amount required compared to the other trophies.

I got the 500 kills trophy from a Claw Monkey and the 2000 kills trophy from a Termite Warrior.

In my opinion, the best place to grind this out is the Jade Cave on the Sword Coast slightly north of the Earth Temple. There were 14 enemies (Ghouls and Termite Warriors) inside and it took about 2-3 minutes to clear them all with my end-game character.

Man, I'm starting to hate this trophy.

I got about 700 kills on my first playthrough and now I grinded out a bit more than 800 kills at the Airtemple (re-loading the very same savegame for more than 130 times...:whistle:)

My 2nd playtrough for siding with the other fraction net me about 200-250 kills, so I hope I can finish this within today...

Im not sure if this method has been posted elsewhere but i couldn't see it - i just got the 2000 kills trophy & Plat by killing a small group of sanddevils and giant crabs.

When i was surrounded by a group of them on tacarigua, i saved the game, then spent a short while trying to get ALL of their health down to a fraction, saved again. Now every time i loaded that save i was surrounded by a group of enemies that were all 1 hit kills. took 10 secs to wipe them out, saved progress on a different file, reloaded the original file and repeated the 6 1-hit kills. u can rack up 6-700 kills per hour despite the loading times.

Its still not fun but it was the shortest way i could think of, 1-2hrs depending on kills from normal play - by the by, i put on an audiobook and got the job done with the game on mute.

Hope that helps anyone struggling with this pointless grind.