Rate the trophy difficulty...  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.25

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 2 weeks later...

Voted 2, as you can play on easy mode.

The game was entertaining, funny. I didn't feel much like a pirate though.

Platinum takes around 40 to 50 hours I would say. It's a good idea to save up your Glory points early on. You need 61,000 GP to max out an attribute then buy all skills. I leveled up Cunning to 6 so that I could lockpick, but that was it. The game isn't very challenging combat-wise and you should have plenty of healing item anyway.

Big Game Hunter, killing 2000 monsters is the biggest grind.

• 3 weeks later...

All I have left is about 1000 kills for the Platinum and 100%, so I think I can vote already:

I'll go with a 3 too.

When you're after the platinum, you have to play the game in a way it's not meant to be played: saving up glory & gold

This can make it a bit more diffucult than it should be, but it's not really that much of an issue.

Voted a 2. All rounder was easy to get using reloads, combat was only slightly challenging at the beginning but once you got to the Sword Coast and you had levelled a few not so difficult.

Would have voted this a 1 if it were not for the time taken to get 2000 kills, the lack of a stats screen and the confusion surrounding what this game constitutes as being a 'monster' in relation to the kills trophies.

• 1 month later...

I'm not ready to vote yet, but is it me or I see 10 votes on 10??? In which way can this game be a 10? What's wrong of people these days?! I'm sure moderators will warn trollers about this kind of behaviour.

Edited by antibes

I'm not ready to vote yet, but is it me or I see 10 votes on 10??? In which way can this game be a 10? What's wrong of people these days?! I'm sure moderators will warn trollers about this kind of behaviour.

Just ignore them bro, it's only ppl who picked the game, prob from a video store for a couple of days n when they realised how many hrs u need to spend on..

Yeah, people vote high if they have to spend more than 20 hours of time to plat a game. And possibly because big game hunter is such a joke of a trophy that just to do that trophy requires 4 FULL playthroughs at @12-20hours a pop. and Another 5-10 hours of grinding the same mobs again and again.

Which people don't get that boring grinding =/= difficult. The most long hours should add is maybe 1 point in addition to the considered difficulty.

As such, Risen 2 is a joke to beat, not hard at all, though sometimes VERY annoying and the AI sucks.. forgot to actually rate it when I plat'd it way back when.

But all considered with no BGH, it's a 4. With, a 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll be giving it a three. Most of that goes towards the patience and dedication one might need to get all the trophies, but none of them are actually tough to get. Most of them are story driven, so there's only a few I found I needed to work on. Sure I got impatient and a little fed up at times, but technically, none of them are hard. Just time consuming, and some annoying cheap deaths that I find completely unnecessary.

However, because of some mess ups in the game, the challenge might be slightly higher than it should be.

The game tends to freeze a lot, there's the infamous black screen, (which may be cured by turning off auto saving and setting your gamma as low as it will go) and some weird programming errors...like not being able to master all the blade skills after getting too far into the game. Had I known that before I did, I would have obtained the plat a bit earlier.

Slight annoyances, but annoyances anyways. It's a kick ass game though, but fortunately for trophy hunters, the ''open world'' is pretty much a joke, and so therefore it can be a very linear game once you've been through it once, and know what to do.

• 1 month later...

I agree with TerminusCross comment about unnecessary cheap deaths. I have not voted on this difficulty thread, but after 3.5 hours of playing Risen 2, I was done. The voice work is enjoyable, but the graphics and melee combat are atrocious. There are much better games i'd rather invest 55 hours in. It's a shame, because this game really has some great things going for it; Deep Silver nailed the pirate theme, but not the combat or graphics.

• 2 months later...

Voted 4, took me around 50 hours to get everything, 2000 kills trophy is mostly to blame for the time investment.

Combat in this game is a joke, really slow and sluggish if you go the melee route, would recommend getting muskets on the save you are gonna grind kills with, everything dies in 1-2 shots and bullets cant be blocked by any enemies.

• 1 year later...

a 2 from me. Great game, nothing difficult if you take your time. But even if you rush through, it's not much more difficult.

But it's sickening to see these 10 votes for 10. Good thing is that there's no votes for 7, 8 or 9, so people who seriously use their brains will realize these are just nonsense votes from gamers who crave for attention.

• 1 month later...

3. I've played the game on hard from start to finish and nothing was hard at all, and with all the upgrades you'll be unstoppable. Worst thing is the boring second playtrought and all the farm for kills. Also despite all the reviews, if you're an old gothic/piranha bytes fan don't miss this game, It's super fun.

Edited by SugarDD