playthroughs

blevensp1

I'm getting Risen 2 this week and looking foward to it. Does anyone know if it requires more than 1 playthrough for platinum.

I reckon nobody has that information yet as 14 of the trophies are still unknown, but from what is visible I'd imagine that if you are thorough you could get the plat in one playthrough.

Its actually 12 secret trophies and they are straight forward ones, I just put up a thread with a link that I found showing what the trophies are.

Here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/risen-2-dark-waters/166676-secret-trophies.html#post2935736

I don't completely know either, blevensp1, but it SEEMS like the game can be done in 1 playthrough, the only thing I can really think of is maybe certain quests or buried treasures could be missable at some point in the game. But who knows, something maybe turn up. Like XCrownedClownX said, just be thorough I guess.

Thanks, yeah I was really just wondering if any trophies are missable, like if certain quest cancel. I just prefer doing one long playthrough and doing everything possible. I hate when you have to do a second play with an RPG cause that second play is boring.

Thanks, yeah I was really just wondering if any trophies are missable, like if certain quest cancel. I just prefer doing one long playthrough and doing everything possible. I hate when you have to do a second play with an RPG cause that second play is boring.

I couldn't agree more. Well looking at the Trophies and playing the game for around 4 hours now I don't really see quests "failing" or "canceling" cause they seem to just log themselves into the Quest Log and you just do them or don't (kinda like Skyrim), but of course I couldn't know that for sure all the way through the game yet.

The buried treasure, Legendary Items and stuff like that COULD be missable at points of the game but again I got no idea for sure, I'm just being really thorough with looking around, especially during a quest that brings me somewhere off course. There are no difficulty trophies (and doesn't seem to be any higher then Hard even to be unlocked, can be changed in Options) and no collectables by the looks of it (The Legendary Items might be some-what considered a collectable, but they are quests by the looks of it, there is even a Heading called "Legendary Items" in the quest log when you find the quests).

At least 2 trophies ARE missable.

Voodoo Pirates

Soldier's with Muskets

You are given a choice and it CLEARLY states * Side with ---- *

If you side with one, the other is locked out. The trophy will pop shortly after abouts. So before you side, save, choose, get trophy. Reload.

Now, Based on other user's pending on that choice, Either Guns or Voodoo may be locked out for the ENTIRE game, Not 100% though.

Which would further that

Gunslinger

Voodoo Wizard

are also locked based on that.

Further implications

All rounder - Learn each skill once.

With Voodoo being locked out, you may not be able to learn Dark Magic and Ritual skills ONE time.Whereas I believe you can learn Gun skills to 1 without doing the questline to side and learn musket skills.

Everything after the faction side if speculation though.

Thinking 2 playthroughs required.

I have only played for a couple of hours. I noticed with quests you don't get a waypoint of where to go. How is that going, just wondering cause I prefer waypoints. I don't want to wander around for hours or have to look on youtube to complete a fetch quest. I found Two Worlds II confusing cause of this and didn't even complete that game although i was enjoying it.

This game takes at least 1.5 plays and thats if you make a save before siding with inq or natives. What happens is you wont get any training in muskets or shotguns if you side with natives, and vice versa for death magic and ritual. What I did for the skills is I saved about 50k glory near the end of the game, made a save, leveled blades to max, reload and repeat :) You dont have to learn all the skills for and tree to get the trophy, just lvl it to max. As for the buried treasures, there are not enough in the base game or even with the dlcs to get the trophy, not even close tbh, lol. Im about to try making a save at the end of treasure island and digging then reloading, so Ill let you know if that works out, but if not then I think it will be at least 2 plays just for that. Also the 2000 kills is a super pain since if you dont go back and grind at all, but still kill all the mobs on each island as you go to them, by the end of the game you maybe have 700 kills, lol

Edited by Valentine2323

I think there has to be multi playthroughs. I am using the pc walkthrough and according to it there is only one person who teaches muskets and shotguns lvl 1 and that is Fernando when you return to Calderia. He wont teach you if you sided with the voodoo people and if you don't side with them then you can't learn voodoo. You have to learn at least earn lvl 1 of each skill from your talents in order to get the trophy All Rounder.

I have only played for a couple of hours. I noticed with quests you don't get a waypoint of where to go. How is that going, just wondering cause I prefer waypoints. I don't want to wander around for hours or have to look on youtube to complete a fetch quest. I found Two Worlds II confusing cause of this and didn't even complete that game although i was enjoying it.

you can still find out where to go by select the quest and putting a waypoint marker by pressing square (this however on works with the map, you'll see a red cross where the objective is)

I got 41/57 trophies in my first playthrough.

Missed:

- Voodoo Pirate (made a savegame before the decision)

- Digger (50 treasures, dug up 18 in 1st)

- all skill-related trophies (Blademaster etc.)

- Big Game Hunter (2000 kills, killed ca. 520 in 1st)

I am on my 2nd playthrough to boost all missing trophies.

• 3 weeks later...
I got 41/57 trophies in my first playthrough.

Missed:

- Voodoo Pirate (made a savegame before the decision)

- Digger (50 treasures, dug up 18 in 1st)

- all skill-related trophies (Blademaster etc.)

- Big Game Hunter (2000 kills, killed ca. 520 in 1st)

I am on my 2nd playthrough to boost all missing trophies.

How do you find out what your current stats are for kills?

How do you find out what your current stats are for kills?

I used a tally counter after I hit 500. :D

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/LIGHTWEIGHT-TALLY-COUNTER-DIGIT-THUMB/dp/B001Q8D6OC/]LIGHTWEIGHT HAND TALLY COUNTER 4 DIGIT THUMB RING[/ame]

At least 2 trophies ARE missable.

Voodoo Pirates

Soldier's with Muskets

You are given a choice and it CLEARLY states * Side with ---- *

If you side with one, the other is locked out. The trophy will pop shortly after abouts. So before you side, save, choose, get trophy. Reload.

Now, Based on other user's pending on that choice, Either Guns or Voodoo may be locked out for the ENTIRE game, Not 100% though.

Which would further that

Gunslinger

Voodoo Wizard

are also locked based on that.

Further implications

All rounder - Learn each skill once.

With Voodoo being locked out, you may not be able to learn Dark Magic and Ritual skills ONE time.Whereas I believe you can learn Gun skills to 1 without doing the questline to side and learn musket skills.

Everything after the faction side if speculation though.

Thinking 2 playthroughs required.

Provided you sided with the inquisition I'm pretty sure that once you have access to the City area of Caldera as part of the Greedy captain main quest that Master Godin in the High Council building will be available to teach you the remaining Musket skills so you unlock that particular skills trophy(provided of course you have unlocked all the other firearms skills and raised firearms to level 10 WITHOUT the associated legendary item)

Once this is done there is no need to finish the game on this playthrough.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you need to finish the main quest with each faction. The associated trophies unlock just before you kill Crow on the sword coast.

Once I max out firearms I'm going to reload my save in the Native village, side with them and complete the game from this point.

Then its just a case of getting 2000 kills......

Edited by Respectable Inn
Wrong Information