Am I bad at this game

So yeah. I usually love race games and I'm pretty good at them too. Ridge Racer: Unbounded though, I just can't enjoy it.

Maybe I'm missing something but I always seem to fail every corner in races miserably. I've read you should use the drift button (so I keep pressing :circle: a few seconds while still driving and using the handbrake a little bit during corners) but I usually end up smashing against the wall or looking in the opposite direction. Am I doing something wrong? I really want to like this game :(

I am probably doing it all wrong because I never been able to hold the drift button down the whole way around a corner.

What I do is, come in quite fast, turn in early and hold the drift button long enough to get the drift going, and then with the stick (steering) I keep making small adjustments with the steering from the center to a bit of opposite lock (I think to prevent the car spinning out and it also seems to help with the drift).

The above may be how not to do it, because it did take me a lot of effort, to come first in all the Drift Attack events!