XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > User Generated Content > Reviews, Articles, and Editorials

Old 05-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Berserker_BR's Reviews Thread

Hi, I'm not a child so you'll not see here stupid games or FPS or just released ones.

I'll make reviews as i play the games, i'll not rush to get new games, so don't ask them, do it on the oficial review thread.

PLEASE, DON'T POST HERE, JUST READ !!! THANKS.

9,0 - Rainbow Six Vegas II
9,0 - Resident Evil 5
9,0 - Castle Crashers
8,5 - Red Dead Redemption GOTY edition
8,5 - Fallout 3 New Vegas
8,5 - Deadliest Warrior Ancient
8,0 - Fallout 3
7,5 - Demon's Souls
7,0 - Brutal Legend
7,0 - Dark Souls
7,0 - Plants vs Zombies
7,0 - Heavy Rain
6,5 - Tomb Raider GOTY (ps3)
6,0 - Batman: Arkham Asylum
6,0 - Lord of the Rings: War in the North
6,0 - Heavy Weapon
6,0 - Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
6,0 - PES 2012
5,5 - Dragon's Dogma
5,5 - Batman: Arkham City GOTY
5,0 - Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition
5,0 - PES 2011
5,0 - Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
4,5 - GTA IV
4,5 - Saint Seiya: Sanctuare Battle
4,0 - Fight Night Champion
4,0 - The House of the Dead: Overkill Director's Cut
4,0 - Jetpack Joyride
3,5 - Blazing Angels
3,5 - Way of the Samurai 3
3,5 - Tiger Woods PGA tour 12: The Masters
3,0 - Darksiders
3,0 - Tekken Revolution
3,0 - Spartacus Legends
3,0 - UFC 2009 Undisputed
3,0 - PES 13
2,0 - Final Fantasy XIII
2,0 - Afro Samurai
1,5 - Bladestorm: The hundred Year War

Last edited by BerserkerBR; 04-13-2014 at 07:21 PM.
BerserkerBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Fallout 3 New Vegas

Story: Most part is fine, you can follow easily the main plot, but when considering the whole thing (including subplots) you get somewhat lost. 5/10.

Gameplay: Bugs and glitches don't interfere a lot, autosave is almost constant so you'll have low chances of screw up. It's not like lags and glitches that ruin your fun, like in Conan. 8/10

Controls: Easy, most important functions are on correct buttons. 10/10.

Graphics: C'mon, if you saw some few pictures you can't miss they're just regular. Could anybody complain? Absolutely not !! Having al these stuff on the disc + big sized world = no need for better than regular graphics. 7/10.

Sound: Effects are good and well placed, music is tedious and meaningless (it doesn't give emotion, like any Elder Scroll game). After playing a lot with it i turned off, it's far way beter like this. 7/10

Wow Factor: Got completely amazed by tons of oportunities added since Fallout 3. Despite that, when you realize you'll not use many of them UNLESS you prepare you char to make it well (like cooking, stealing, fix itens), you'll get less excited. 8/10.

Replay Value: Man, hands down here! Of course you can do like roadmap and kill the game in 1-2 runnings (depend if you did your first on hardcore and used manual keypoint saves to get all endings); but even so you'll fell like playing this again just to make another build after some time. 10/10.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Buy, of course! If you just run by the game on a weekend you'll se how bad was this option and decide to buy it after.

Overall: It's not better than previous 2D Fallouts (if you're old enough, you'll know this) but it's a lot better than many games created after and with better engines. Lots of fun and true "adventuring and discovering" feeling. Math says overall note is 7,85. I say overall is 8,5/10.

DLCs:

1) Honest Hearts: fantastic !!!! Beautiful enviroment with clean water and vegetation mixed with canyons. Also good for melee players. Less laging of al DLCs. 10/10.

2) Old World Blues: Humor rox here !! You can even talk to your body parts and quests aren't boring. Almost no lags. 9/10.

3) Gun Runner's Arsenal: I like challenges, so it's a very good add-on to make some things in conditions you wouldn't do without it. Also, the new guns and mods are fun; c'mon, can you say you don't like a katana? 9/10.

4) Lonesome Road: well, this is short, few quests at a small place. Regular, no great story, don't add nice weapons or interesting perks, a little lagged. 7/10.

5) Dead Money: i'll resume in 4 words "THE STUPID NECKLACE SUX !!" Don't buy it unless you get the Ultimate Edition. 3/10.

Last edited by BerserkerBR; 06-12-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Brutal Legend

Story: Nice, funny and i love metal. The end is bad, really. 8/10.

Gameplay: Man, the Deuce rocks and just sidequests sucks. 6/10.

Controls: functions are well positioned, np. 6/10.

Graphics:
Far from Perfect, the game is short, could be better. 6/10.

Sound
: Some old musics got bad recording but soundtrack really destroy !!! 9/10.

Wow Factor
: C'mon, its pure metal in the Vein !!!! Aren't you tired of girly games? 9/10.

Replay Value: None after 100% or after got angry with online trophies. Unless you realy enjoy the Deuce. 2/10.

Multiplayer Experience: All about boosting, nothing more. 2/10.

Rent Or Buy This Game? The question is, do you really like metal? It's settled.

Overall: Math says exactly 6. My final score is 7, cause i really like metal.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Fight Night Champion

Story: Only present in Champion Mode, it's a Rock-stylish, not original, not bad. 5/10.

Gameplay: I really hate the absence of "restart" option in Legacy Mode. When you go training and want to avoid finishing a bad performance, you have to quit the game before autosave and load the carrier again. NEVER USE THE PATCH IF YOU STAY OFFLINE, cause stamina is really broken after it. The rest is good. 7/10.

Controls: Oh, the shining part ! Really easy and sensitive Full Spectrum punch system, get used to it and never want to go back to button mashing. 10/10.

Graphics: Pretty nice, no more rubberized expressions. If you played the series you'll gonna miss the blood. 8/10.

Sound: Bad music, it's EUA oriented too much, even for EA Sports. Too many raps, dance and other boring stuff. It's a matter of taste. The effects are normal, at least. 4/10.

Wow Factor: First 10 minutes irritated me cause of changings in the series, than i got used to it and how they improved rapid combos in the old button. It's really easy to combo with just a single movement. 6/10.

Replay Value: When you finish the Champion and Legacy Modes getting all related trophies you'll just think about getting the online trophies as a vague ideia. Maybe versus a friend offline is the only way to come back to this title. 3/10.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent. Get the easy offline trophies and return. Just buy if you like boxing and don't have FN Round 4, cause differences aren't as big as that.

Online Multiplayer: Disconnections and lags even if your net is highspeed, servers sux, they sux a lot more than UFC ones. Besides, isn't exciting. 1/10.

Overall: I nice game, just don't push it too much, get only if you really like boxing and look for Tekken if you want mash button wins. Math says overall is 5,5. Mine is 4/10.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Heavy Weapon

Story: Plain and irrelevant. 3/10.

Gameplay: Nice and sweet. Frustation is normal at ending levels. Its good to cooldown of harder games. 7/10.

Controls: Easy and efficient, just 3 buttons and very natural. 10/10.

Graphics: Retro, seems like SNES. It matches teh game's ideia. 6/10.

Sound: Nothing bad here, just normal music. Effects are nice, many shots and missiles in the screen but you don't get a headache. 7/10.

Wow Factor: in first 2 missions you thing its boring, but when you advance it'll hook you up totally. 7/10.

Replay Value: Get 100% and never come back. 0/10.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent. It's easy and short game, even in retail version with Plants vs Zombies togheter in the disc.

Online Multiplayer: Nobody plays it, so it's really boring to wait someone else to play. When you get, it's really fun cause # of enemies is proporcional. 4/10.

Overall:
Math says overall is 5,5. Mine is 6/10, cause i like it.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Plants vs Zombies (Retail version)

Story: Very good, simple, but good. Humor added a lot. 7/10.

Gameplay: normal, just medium. It gets you very fast. 6/10.

Controls: Cursor movement is slow, a bit slow, rest is perfect. Don't use too much buttons for a simple game is a wise decision. 9/10.

Graphics: Simple, very simple, but extremely efficient and even add more humor to this catching game. 8/10.

Sound:
Music is normal, the best is the credit's one. Effects are good in the way that they help you know what kind of zombie is coming. 6/10.

Wow Factor: After play you'll never forget it. So fun !! 8/10.

Replay Value: Get 100% and never come back. 0/10.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent the retail version that comes with Heavy Weapon and finish both.

Overall: Math says overall is 6,25. Mine is 7/10, i like humor in games.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default Pes 2011

Story: None, but it doesn't matters. 5/10.

Gameplay: Speed in default setting is good, not lazy like FIFA, movements are clean and AI got somewhat improved, cause they don't accept the same ways to pass their defense that they accepted in other versions. 6/10.

Controls: Easy to do basic stuff and hard to do advanced ones, normal in soccer games. 5/10.

Graphics: Could be better, cause you get the feeling of no improvement since 2010. 5/10.

Sound: Music is bad, just take off concentration cause they're so poor. It's already time of good music in soccer menus. Effects are good, like stadium reactions. It's better to turn off music. 4/10.

Wow Factor: None, except by Become a Legend Mode, wich gives you a nice feeling of making something new in the soccer game's universe. 6/10.

Replay Value: High, even if you got 100%, to play against friends who insist in avoid better cooperative games, lol. 7/10.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Buy if you don't want expensive 2012 and don't have any other PES or FIFA. Rent if you have anotehr soccer title.

Online Multiplayer: Many players, even with 2012 already there. Servers are normal, not so many disconnections, aside ones from bad players who don't know how to lose.7/10.

Overall: Math says overall is 5,62. It's a normal soccer game at all, receives 5/10.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default Resident Evil 5

Story: Good, don't leave a torrent of possbile endings for each char, wich means it was well written at least. 8/10.

Gameplay: Good, no flaws, no major glitches or lags. I guess just sulky/grim players have something bad to say here. 7/10.

Controls: Of course sometimes you get sick of bad response when doing + for 180 turn, but its just your old control or lack of skill, lol. 9/10.

Graphics: Pretty good; could be better a little with tech of the year of releasing. 7/10.

Sound: Don't appreciate the music, but effects (who are important in horror games) are well done and this counts a lot ! 8/10.

Wow Factor: Before this game i didn't like RE franchise so much, played some, including 4, but its far way better and i spent many time on it. Even did a guide about "How to Control AI". 8/10.

Replay Value: Absurdly insane !!! You play, go back to better rank, go help other players online, go play with your buddy that never played and stil have nice DLCs. What else can you expect? 10/10.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Of course you buy, get the gold version already.

Online Multiplayer: Don't like Versus, other modes are good. Many people playing, at least until now when the new Resident is too expensive. 7/10.

Overall: Math says overall is 8. I like it a little more. 9/10.

DLCs:

Lost in Nightmares: if you like old RE style, fine, cause you'll run a lot to save ammo, wich is rare at higher difficulties, and to escape from tough enemies. It's more puzzle-rirected, but just a little. 8/10.

Desperate Escape: a "shoot your way out of there" situation with random weapons spawing each time you die and quite a few minibosses. Last part is from where you get the "desperate" from it's name. 7/10.

Versus: i don't like versus options for shooters, being 1st or 3rd vision. I feel very stupid playing thingsthat remember pathetic games like CoD or other kid's FPSs. I hate this DLC, bear it if you don't. 1/10.

Last edited by BerserkerBR; 02-19-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default The House of the Dead: Overkill Extended Cut

Story: Normal and Funny, don't interfere in the game's quality for bad or good. 6/10.

Gameplay
: You do need to memorize enemies that lurks while camera pan. I know this is annoying, but nothing against it is possible. The rest is like any title of the series. 5/10.

Controls: I prefer play on dualshock, better than calibrate Move all the time and it's less tiring when you play for a long time. Buttons are well maped, response is fast, np. 7/10.

Graphics: Good, but in this kind of game more is needed to shine. You really wanna see the blood come out from the zombies stylish? It's not that way here. 5/10.

Sound: Soundtrack is bad, but surprisingly it matches so well the ambients and adds a lot to gameplay. Effects are not so clear, a little bit messy and confusing when there are many enemies. 7/10.

Wow Factor: Fun for the first time you play the story. When you discover how long director cut mode is, man...this sux a lot !! 3/10.

Replay Value: Some, cause kil zombies with a friend is fun, even if you finished all the game. 4/10.

Rent Or Buy This Game? It's a nice story with bad execution. If you wanna trophies that worth you can buy, cause and require practice and time not available on a simple weekend. If you just wanna play cause you like kill zombies, Rent.

Overall: Fine for 10h and finish main story or maybe Director's cut once. Math says 5,28, but i think it deserves 4/10.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default UFC 2009 Undisputed

Story: There's one? The ausence doesn't screw up the game. 4/10.

Gameplay: Balanced is the best to describe. Entertainment is adequated to this type of game and no problems like lags or glitches offline. Floorfighting is a little frustating. 4/10.

Controls: Confusing at start but confortable after some time. Many functions and combinations neeed even for easy moves, but this is normal on fighting games. You'll use all buttons a lot and a variety of combos to outsmart the opponent. 8/10.

Graphics: Enought, but fighting games ask for more. Considering year's tech is enough. 6/10.

Sound
: What do you expect from sport games's music? Yeah, they sux, like always. Effects, on the other hand, are well placed and very fast in the heat of battle you don't get bored with many overlapped sounds. 5/10.

Wow Factor: It's fun your first KOs, the first submission (after endure the complicated ground control) and winning the title in championship. That's all, the rest is just work. 4/10.

Replay Value: Exists just if, per chance, you have a friend who likes MMA. Maybe you just need changing this friend, lol. 1/10.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rentof course!! Don't spend your hard-earned-money on this even if it's very cheap cause it's old.

Online Multiplayer: Disconnections and lags even if your net is highspeed, servers sux. Already got disconnect even in the end of fighting, just before autosave when you did win and is even happy about it, after final animations. REALLY SUX. 1/10.

Overall: Math says 4,12 but its even worse. 3/10.