Must-Buy Games of 2014

GSDLover's Must-Buy Games of 2014

This may be a little late too the party, but this is my constantly-updated list of games that I consider must-buys of the year. These games are the ones that, in my eyes, have stood head and shoulder above all other games in the industry, yielding innovative and polished experiences that either demand your immediate attention. This list can also be a reference point for those that just need that extra opinion on a game, whether its worth their money or if they should look elsewhere. I try to play every game that releases, so it normally takes me a week after a game comes out for me to consider whether I should input the game on the list. Some games may not take longer (some could take days), whereas others could take even weeks at a time to fully review!

Again, I'll try to update this list every Wednesday. I've been doing these over at x360 since 2012, and I've tried to become better at these over time. Here's my own list! Please, feel free to add your own must-buy games and favorites this year.

January

None!

February

- Threes! (iOS)

- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)

March

- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (PC, iOS)

- Titanfall (Xbox One, PC)

- Dark Souls II (PS3, 360, PC)

- Smite (PC)

- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

April

None!

May

- Transistor (PS4, PC)

- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

June

- Divinity: Original Sin (PC)

July

- Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunken King (PS3, 360, PC)

- Hearthstone: Curse of Naxxramas (PC)

August

- Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360, PC)

September

- FIFA 15 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

October

- Super Smash Bros. (Wii U, 3DS)

- The Evil Within (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

- Civilization: Beyond Earth (PC)

- Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

- Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)

November

- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

**About remakes, remasters and HD Collections**

Though some of the greatest games to release this year are in the form of remastered or enhanced versions of an already-outstanding product released on prior consoles, these games are NOT new. The Last of Us, Master Chief Collection: these titles had their respective years to be rewarded. It would not be fair to new titles.

Also, as of November 11th (as I enjoyed my day off work in the U.S. Air Force), I've began working on my Game of the Year list! It's always a daunting task, and this list is a good reference as to what games will be making it. No spoilers, though!

Edited by GSDlover49

I don't usually play call of duty games but almost everything I've read about AW has been positive, I think I'll give it a shot this time around.

Advanced Warfare is the best Call of Duty since Modern Warfare 3 for sure. I think most people who were put off by Ghosts will find the newest entry an excellent return-to-form. They tidied up the campaign and actually introduced innovative gameplay elements.

• 1 month later...