How To Write A Review

This is a thread to help people within the review threads. Feel free to use it though if you are just thinking of writing one for any game:)

http://tinyurl.com/2vxejwm

Header Image By

Savenger

How To Write A Review

• Please put each heading in bold as it makes it stand out more to the original text.

• Proof read your review before posting it (this basically means check the spelling).
  • Don’t let other users influence you in any way when you post your review
  • Please do not swear or use abusive language within the review.
  • The review can be as long as you want it to be. I do ask however that you have a minimum of atleast 2 sentences for each heading.
  • NO SPOILERS!! Please do not include any plot lines or twists etc within the review. These reviews allow people to know about a game before they buy it so they do not want anything spoilt before they spend their money!

Below is a template that would really help people know about the game in a little bit more detail. Please use this template as best you can.

Story

This heading refers to the main part of the game. Within this section you should be commenting on how well thought out the story was & was it easy to understand. You may also comment on how in depth was it and were there some good plot twists. Please remember NO SPOILERS!!

Gameplay

This is one of the most important points for me to read in a review. It pretty much asks the reviewer (you) how good the game is and maybe whether the game is coming across to you how it may be intended. For example does a shooter have a lot of shooting/action or is it just plain boring with hardly any gunfights.

Controls

Simple enough section to review. This asks how well the controls are thought out and how hard are they to understand/use. Can you move easily? Can you do tasks easily? Are they easy to remember?

Graphics & Sound

Graphics: - Please say if the graphics are really clear and almost ‘lifelike’. Are they up-to-date and next gen or is it a PS2 lookalike? The graphics will include such things like characters & environments etc.

Sound: - This is kind of hard to comment on but makes all the difference. Is the sound clear and easy to hear and does the sound seem realistic. Sound will include things like speech/gunfire/environmental noises etc.

WOW Factor

The WOW factor simply refers to how blown away you were with this game. Within this section you should take into account all points within the game such as graphics or action etc. You may also want to compare it to other games within its genre to say whether it is as good as that game or worse than that game.

EXAMPLES:

Uncharted Drakes Fortune compared with Tomb Raider Underworld (both adventures).

Call of Duty World at War compared with Killzone 2 (both shooters).

Replay Value

Does this game make you feel like you can play it again and again or was it just a one playthrough game? Please comment on your reasons on why you could play it over or why you would rather leave it be.

Multiplayer Experience (If It Has Multiplayer)

Please only fill in this section if the game you are reviewing has multiplayer mode available. In here you can write about anything you want within the multiplayer aspects. Things like graphics/good game modes or even something like good gun choices or car choices.

Rent Or Buy This Game?

This is a very simple question that only needs a simple answer. Why would you only rent this game or why would you buy this game. The deciding factor between renting or buying the game could be whether the game has multiplayer or not for example.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score!

This section is just a final word on what you think overall, good game or bad game? Please enter a little sentence here and then add a score like 8/10.

NOTE!! Please also use the POLL to enter your vote. This helps me to get an average for the game rating.

Thanks in advance for all those who do post a review and I hope you had fun whilst playing your game :D

I will be happy to answer any questions!!

Edited by Rockets

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a list with all games that have the review threads in. If you have one of these games and have time to write a review please check them out :)

http://tinyurl.com/2uo5t29

Header Image By Savenger

Games with *NEW* means a review thread has recently been put into that games forum.

Action & Adventure

- Batman Arkham Asylum

- Bionic Commando

- Bioshock 2

- Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow

- CSI: Fatal Conspirac

- Dante's Inferno

- Darksiders

- Dead Rising 2

- Enslaved: Odyssey To The West

- God Of War Collection: God Of War

- God Of War Collection: God Of War II

- God Of War III

- Heavy Rain

- Infamous

- Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

- Prototype

- Red Dead Redemption

- SAW II: Flesh & Blood

- Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions

- The Godfather II

- Tomb Raider Underworld

- X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Family

- Afrika

Fighting

- WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania

- Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate Of Two Worlds *NEW*

Music

Playstation Move Games

- Brunswick Pro Bowling -(Playstation Move)

Racing

- Blur

- Gran Turismo 5 *NEW*

- Modnation Racers

- MotoGP /09/10

- Split/Second

- Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

- Test Drive Unlimited 2 *NEW*

Role Playing

- Alpha Protocol

- Cross Edge

- DC Universe Online

- Demon's Souls

- Dragon Age: Origins

- Dragon Age II *NEW*

- Fallout: New Vegas

- Final Fantasy XIII

- Mass Effect 2 *NEW*

- NIER

- Two Worlds II *NEW*

- White Knight Chronicles

Shooters

- Aliens vs. Predator

- Battlefield: Bad Company 2

- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

- Call Of Duty: Black Ops

- Killzone 2

- Front Mission Evolved

- Lost Planet 2

- Medal Of Honour

- Quantum Theory

- Terminator Salvation

- Uncharted Drake's Fortune

- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

- Wanted: Weapons Of Fate

Sports

- FIFA 10

- FIFA 11

- MLB 10 The Show

- UFC

- Virtua Tennis 2009

Strategy

Huge credit to T_l_M_B_O & legndorock for helping me with all the Retail review threads!!

Edited by Rockets

http://tinyurl.com/32q28k8

Header Image By Savenger

Games with *NEW* means a review thread has recently been put into that games forum.

PSN Action & Adventure

- Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond

- Polar Panic

PSN Classics

- Sonic Adventure

PSN Move Games

- Tumble

PSN Puzzle

- Braid

PSN Racing

- Anarchy Rush Hour

PSN Shooter

- Alien Breed: Impact

- PixelJunk Shooter

PSN Sports & Social Sports

- Hustle Kings

- Zen Pinball

PSN Strategy

- Worms 2: Armageddon *NEW*

- Plants vs Zombies *NEW*

PSN Unique

- Flower

Huge credit to T_l_M_B_O & legndorock for helping me with all the PSN review threads!!

Edited by Rockets

Nice layout, could you add a link to each game that has a review thread?

yh i will be doing m8....i have one in prototype as a tester to see if it works ok and so far it looks good.

*EDIT* ok all review threads now have the link to this page in them..maybe this will make more people understand the headings in the review!

• 1 month later...

Well it was decided that they should only go in new games that come out. They wouldn't get much attention in older forums because they are not that active anymore.

@ legndorock: I do basically decide what games are worthy of having a thread in. I wanted to do one for G.I. Joe, but hardly anyone posted in there and from the comments i read it didn't seem like a good game.

But now if you look at the batman one, it has only been up for a day & has already had 5 replies all of which make me think that this game is 10//10.

• 1 month later...
Nevar saw this thread, I was thinking of reveiwing Operation Flashpoint... :D

I know, this thread always gets lost what with all the others about SOTF and galleries etc. Shame really:(

Anyway, if i put a thread up for operation flashpoint then its good to know someone will write a review!

Edited by Rockets

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
And here we are again, I seem to lose track of some threads. :(

Now... what to review.

Again & again :p

Anyway, there has been a decent sized update the past couple of days. Retail games total 43 and PSN totals 6. Pirate has done some more & will send me the list soon.

I am hopefully :o going to keep on top of this now. I will also be hoping to update the polls every week or two, starting with the end of this month.

:D :)

Edited by Rockets

• 2 months later...
:think: I think it should be more detailed and you shouldn't divide the text in different categories except for you closing comments ;) and you could write something about the voice acting.

thanks for the advice i'll update it later ;)

also its very hard to add more Detail while trying to not spoil any of the game for people. :(

Edited by MrPS3Infinity