Is the DLC worth it?

MiiAmigo

I enjoyed the DLC but it's short (as most DLCs tend to be sadly). I also didn't like how it ends with a cliffhanger.

If you ask me, they should just bundle chapters 13 and 14 together. That way we don't have to endure a cliffhanger and it might be cheaper too :D

If you enjoy the vanilla game, I would say you definitely should play the DLC. But I do agree the price is kinda steep for the content that we get. Oh well.

I'm not knockin the game I love the story and I've been waiting for this. But 10 bucks for another cliffhanger is enough to piss me off. Look at it this way, the original $60 price tag you get 15-20 hour experience that was fantastic journy through the new world of Castlevania. Then they release a DLC that took me less than 2 hours to complete for 10 bucks. I enjoyed the content and the story continuation but don't feel it was worth the ten dollars, maybe $6.99 like Severed for Dead Space 2.

I really hope the Resurection completes this story and it isn't over in 2 hours.

I'm not knockin the game I love the story and I've been waiting for this. But 10 bucks for another cliffhanger is enough to piss me off. Look at it this way, the original $60 price tag you get 15-20 hour experience that was fantastic journy through the new world of Castlevania. Then they release a DLC that took me less than 2 hours to complete for 10 bucks. I enjoyed the content and the story continuation but don't feel it was worth the ten dollars, maybe $6.99 like Severed for Dead Space 2.

I really hope the Resurection completes this story and it isn't over in 2 hours.

As much as I hope you are right, I have a strong feeling that Resurrection will be even shorter based on how Reverie ended. I just don't see how they can drag the story out any longer. It seems pretty clear cut what will happen based on Reverie's ending.

As much as I hope you are right, I have a strong feeling that Resurrection will be even shorter based on how Reverie ended. I just don't see how they can drag the story out any longer. It seems pretty clear cut what will happen based on Reverie's ending.

Hopefully we'll find out soon. I have my assumptions of whats on the other side but need to know now:mad:!!!! This is where DLC gets annoying.

I feel that DLC shouldn't be a continuation of the story, save that for a sequal. DLC should be for additional online content or side stories ala Dead Space and Enslaved. It almost feels like you are being forced to pay for the rest of the story. At least if you don't want to pay for it and don't care about the trophies you can always watch it on youtube. Someone always posts this shit on youtube.

i want to get the dlc, but is it good enough to get and how many trophies?

Regardless of my ranting it was nice to pick up Castlevania again and have something new to do. I did enjoy it and thought the puzzles were well thought out and its nice to have a couple questions answered. There are 6 trophies to this DLC which you can find in the other threads with a little searching. For the downside see my prev. posts.

The decision is ultimately yours.

I liked it, getting to play as another character other than Gabriel was a plus. In all honesty though, $10 was a little steep, should have been $7 or so. It is worth it if you love Castlevania though.

• 5 weeks later...

So, the question remains: Overall, is the DLC worth it? My main concern is story. If the DLC adds valid depth the LoS' story, then I'm more interested. If the DLC is just a puzzle here, kill some baddies there all the while getting 6 more trophies... I think I'd pass.

My favorite thing about LoS was the story. With that in mind, does this DLC deliver more great story, or is it just more beat-em-up with a puzzle here and there with no relevant additions/questions answered to the LoS' story?

So, the question remains: Overall, is the DLC worth it? My main concern is story. If the DLC adds valid depth the LoS' story, then I'm more interested. If the DLC is just a puzzle here, kill some baddies there all the while getting 6 more trophies... I think I'd pass.

My favorite thing about LoS was the story. With that in mind, does this DLC deliver more great story, or is it just more beat-em-up with a puzzle here and there with no relevant additions/questions answered to the LoS' story?

This DLC doesn't offer that much in terms of story, but the next DLC will, and it relies on this as a prequal.

This is just a set up for "Resurection" and it prepares you for the final piece. It strings you along hoping for a bigger payoff. It does answer one big question, but it wasn't something that everyone hadn't pretty much already figured out.

Not sure how long the final piece will be, but if your interested in getting the whole story, you will have to get this to be able to play "Resurection" when its released.

Worth 10 buck....no, 8 bucks max. I just hope there is more to the next one than this one.

This DLC doesn't offer that much in terms of story, but the next DLC will, and it relies on this as a prequal.

Hmm... lame! Sounds like I'll have to wait to hear about peoples' opinions on Resurection. If they are favorable, I guess then I'll be getting them both :p.

This is just a set up for "Resurection" and it prepares you for the final piece. It strings you along hoping for a bigger payoff. It does answer one big question, but it wasn't something that everyone hadn't pretty much already figured out.

Not sure how long the final piece will be, but if your interested in getting the whole story, you will have to get this to be able to play "Resurection" when its released.

Worth 10 buck....no, 8 bucks max. I just hope there is more to the next one than this one.

In this case, I wonder if they'd offer a bundle with them both for a reduced price AT MINIMUM. If this one was $10, I think it'd be safe to say Resurection will be too :(. $20 seems steep for roughly 3 hours more of game. Have they given a release date for Resurection?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Even though there is enough packed into the game already these DLCs are not worth the extra $10 each unless you are a die-hard fan. They are both short and unfulfilling. If they were both for $10 I think they would only still be okay whereas the AC ones add hours of gameplay...Lords of Shadow is my favorite game ever but the DLCs are iffy...

• 3 months later...

I've been reading most of the posts and I get to the conclusion that it is a little short and way bit expensive for little time consuming. I really like Lords of Shadow so I'll probably buy it... Question is: Wait for a bundle or pay 20 bucks to play both...

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/692/milanzzo.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...