Astro Admiral Videos for X-Treme

QuantumMercury

Levels for Xtreme Astro Admiral Rank.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewBAxmJhhos]Retro/Grade Level 1 "Who's the Boss?" Astro Admiral Rank on X-treme + Commentary Review - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPjEOHTu3Nc]Retro/Grade Level 2 Backwards Ballad - Astro Admiral Rank on X-treme - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_tAS0ZvyF4]Retro/Grade Level 3 All Your Base Are Belong To Us - Astro Admiral Rank on X-treme - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sawGTO6wc9A]Retro/Grade Level 5 Rick Rollin - Astro Admiral Rank on X-treme - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyN-c5K7Fzc]Retro/Grade Level 6 I Am Error - Astro Admiral Rank on X-treme - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjCITZCXqoY]Retro/Grade Level 7 Play Him Off - Astro Admiral Rank on X-treme - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoCMUtKgFfU]Retro/Grade Level 8 Retro/Grade Groove - Astro Admiral Rank on X-treme - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6vv9vHB4yo]Retro/Grade Level 9 Reverse Rhapsody - Astro Admiral Rank on X-treme - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBahRkKBDxE]Retro/Grade Level 10 A Winner is You - Astro Admiral Rank on X-treme - YouTube[/ame]

**I cannot find the video of my level 4 run**

Edited by QuantumMercury

I plan on making videos for Pro, Tough and X-Treme difficulties for this game. So far I have Levels 10 and 9 Astro'd on Pro and Tough, will add more later.

Retro/Grade - Level 10 A Winner is You - Astro Admiral Rank on Tough Difficulty - YouTube

Nice to see someone making videos for these, but there isn't really much a video can do to help with them, given the game is pure skill. Good job regardless (and best of luck with 100%).

Nice to see someone making videos for these, but there isn't really much a video can do to help with them, given the game is pure skill. Good job regardless (and best of luck with 100%).

I know what you mean, I made videos for Child of Eden to and people said it helped them. There can be some tricky spots like how to dodge enemy fire and still get the notes though so hopefully if people keep getting stuck at a part the vids can help them.

The video has its uses, as you can see a completed level, and thus reduce trial and error. But then again, you're going to have to try and err quite a bit on X-Treme, anyway.

I've done the first 2 levels on X-Treme. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Some sections require you to react fast to get the next set of notes, other times you have to specifically delay movement to keep safe, and some require you to move in the "opposite" direction to how you would think you should normally move in order to get to the next set of notes. I'm sure the people who have tried know what I mean. Hopefully I'll have the time to do full commentary on the X-Treme vids to point these sections out.

I did something similar on Child of Eden and a lot of people said it helped them a lot. I know this game is still 95% skill but knowing the ins and outs of a level never hurts.

I've done the first 2 levels on X-Treme. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Some sections require you to react fast to get the next set of notes, other times you have to specifically delay movement to keep safe, and some require you to move in the "opposite" direction to how you would think you should normally move in order to get to the next set of notes. I'm sure the people who have tried know what I mean. Hopefully I'll have the time to do full commentary on the X-Treme vids to point these sections out.

I did something similar on Child of Eden and a lot of people said it helped them a lot. I know this game is still 95% skill but knowing the ins and outs of a level never hurts.

In all reality, the only really annoying levels on X-TREME are 4 and 1. Those bosses can be really frustrating at times, particularly 4 (because of the black holes). I'm still hoping R/G gets a Vita release so I can do it again.

• 5 weeks later...
I was saving completing the game to do it all at once. But man these challenges are hella boring. They aren't even hard... I think if you can do AA Xtreme you'll breeze through these challenges.

Pretty much. I did the challenges prior to AA X-TREME, so I struggled a little bit with them, but there's nothing too bad there.

I've been hoping that ever since I got my Vita!

I think they could've squeezed a platinum trophy in this game, kinda disappointing. I mean if a game like Child of Eden has one, I don't see why this wouldn't the games are basically identical in content (Eden has 5 songs that are ~10 minutes and Retro has 10 songs ~4.5 minutes, both have collectibles)... Lots of specific things they can do for Retro/Grade like S rank all challenges, X score trophies, chain combo trophies, etc.

Edited by QuantumMercury

I think they could've squeezed a platinum trophy in this game, kinda disappointing. I mean if a game like Child of Eden has one, I don't see why this wouldn't the games are basically identical in content (Eden has 5 songs that are ~10 minutes and Retro has 10 songs ~4.5 minutes, both have collectibles)... Lots of specific things they can do for Retro/Grade like S rank all challenges, X score trophies, chain combo trophies, etc.

That would've been nice. And even though I don't care for individual trophy values, it also would've been nice to get more than bronzes for all the effort :p

That would've been nice. And even though I don't care for individual trophy values, it also would've been nice to get more than bronzes for all the effort :p

I don't mind the trophy values either I just think they could've added some more trophies given all the things you could go for in that game.

Changed it. Once you've got 'em all up I'll link the thread/playlist in the guide.

EDIT: When I first saw your timestamps, I thought they got screwed up by not syncing on your back-up PS3 at all, but I just saw your method in the video... that's pretty darn cool I must say :p If it ever hits Vita, I might have to do that myself.

Edited by Dark_Raven666

Changed it. Once you've got 'em all up I'll link the thread/playlist in the guide.

EDIT: When I first saw your timestamps, I thought they got screwed up by not syncing on your back-up PS3 at all, but I just saw your method in the video... that's pretty darn cool I must say :p If it ever hits Vita, I might have to do that myself.

Yeah, I didn't earn a single trophy while playing offline lol so the way it was set up was as soon as I beat it it would've popped all the campaigns + Xtreme CC and AA ranks. Worked out cause once you do Xtreme the only challenge is Tough and then you can blaze through the last 4 difficulties and then just do challenges. If the Vita version comes out we should have a race to see who can 100% it first :p unless it allows that save transfer thing :( Let's hope a Vita release happens with a platinum ^_^

Will start to upload more vids Sat night I think.

Edited by QuantumMercury

Yeah, I didn't earn a single trophy while playing offline lol so the way it was set up was as soon as I beat it it would've popped all the campaigns + Xtreme CC and AA ranks. Worked out cause once you do Xtreme the only challenge is Tough and then you can blaze through the last 4 difficulties and then just do challenges. If the Vita version comes out we should have a race to see who can 100% it first :p unless it allows that save transfer thing :( Let's hope a Vita release happens with a platinum ^_^

Will start to upload more vids Sat night I think.

Race to 100%? You're on :cool: Now we just need an actual Vita version :p I don't think I'd utilise a save transfer to auto-pop even if there was something as the sort, rather earn it again. A lot easier second time around anyway.

• 1 month later...
That took a while :p

Was too busy finishing games that required internet connection so uploading was a problem haha.

But now that exams are over I was able to finish editing the last few videos and I am playing offline so I can upload finally.

Still holding out for the Vita version (with plat :dance: )

Was too busy finishing games that required internet connection so uploading was a problem haha.

But now that exams are over I was able to finish editing the last few videos and I am playing offline so I can upload finally.

Still holding out for the Vita version (with plat :dance: )

Haha well I'm sure Aeli will appreciate the videos :p

A Retro/Grade platinum would be the pride of my collection, I can only hope!