Rate the trophy difficulty  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.59

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

Now that I've properly experienced everything this game has to offer, I feel I am qualified to vote.

I gave this an 8. I've never played any rhythm games before, so adapting to the game has been very difficult for me. Tough and X-TREME difficulty can be extremely difficult, as can their challenge equivalents. If you've had a lot of experience with rhythm games, then you'll likely find this immensely easier, but for your average gamer with little to no experience with these types of games, it will prove especially difficult.

I never said it was "just an 8". I rated it as an 8, justifiably so. I didn't give it a 9 or 10, as for a rhythm game, it isn't as hard as other rhythm games. When I rate games, I rate them in comparison to their genre, not all games in general. Just because I - a self professed rhythmic noob - will most likely be unable to get 100%, that does not automatically make it worthy of a 9 or 10 rating. Also, the Trophy Difficulty Rating thread is there to discuss such topics, that's not what the trophy guide is for.

And I know many of the hard PSN titles don't have platinums, I've completed Burn Zombie Burn (at least all of it save for the unreleased DLC).

then lets take it here

"will most likely be unable to get 100%, that does not automatically make it worthy of a 9 or 10 rating."

oh no? what would be a 10? please tell me. what can be more difficult than not able to beat the game?

EVERY game has 1-10 ... there is no genre-specific calc to determine its "true difficulty", or do u think an 8 in rhythm games would be like a 15 in action adventures? that makes no sense. seriously.

and maybe it is not a 9 or 10. but u have to vote on YOUR skill, on what YOU can do, not how others MIGHT run through. there will be an average sooner or later which might go down. but u fake the average by voting for an "average-guess"

+ look up my rhythm gaming trophies and ull see im not new to this genre and i havent faced many tougher games; trophy-vise

Guitar Hero Van Halen and Greatest Hits + Green Day Rock Band

:think:

That's It....

then lets take it here

"will most likely be unable to get 100%, that does not automatically make it worthy of a 9 or 10 rating."

oh no? what would be a 10? please tell me. what can be more difficult than not able to beat the game?

EVERY game has 1-10 ... there is no genre-specific calc to determine its "true difficulty", or do u think an 8 in rhythm games would be like a 15 in action adventures? that makes no sense. seriously.

and maybe it is not a 9 or 10. but u have to vote on YOUR skill, on what YOU can do, not how others MIGHT run through. there will be an average sooner or later which might go down. but u fake the average by voting for an "average-guess"

+ look up my rhythm gaming trophies and ull see im not new to this genre and i havent faced many tougher games; trophy-vise

Guitar Hero Van Halen and Greatest Hits + Green Day Rock Band

:think:

That's It....

For God's sake. The 8 I voted is exactly how I feel it should be voted. I don't vote every game I don't picture myself finishing as a 10. I think some of the Guitar Hero games and Rock Band games are harder than this, I would give them a 9 or a 10.

The thread asks you to vote with integrity and honesty, and I did just that. I honestly believe this game to be an 8 out of 10. Just because I'm not especially good at rhythm games, I'm not going to go "oh this is an instant 10 because I suck at rhythm games". If anything, that would throw it more askew than me giving it an 8 because there are games harder than this.

I voted a 9.

I'm pretty good at rythm games but even I can see how damn hard it is to beat all Xtreme levels without making any mistakes. The challenges get pretty damn hard too near the end.

Basically, I'd happily get the MGS2 platinum again than restart the same song 100 times because I made a mistake near the end.

Voted 10, never will get this one, and with such a trophy list, I don't even bother I'm afraid, too many good games to waste time on trying a song 300 times :) and still I will never be able to get those rank on higher difficulties!

Those rank trophies are extreme stuff...

I voted 9 as I'm currently inching my way through an X-treme playthrough after having completed both a mediumcore playthrough and tough playthrough. I've also done about 1/3 of the challenges.

What makes it difficult for me is having to make no mistakes, especially on the X-treme difficulty, to get the continuum captain and astro admiral trophies.

I'm OK with rythm games in general but this requires extreme dexterity on the controller (I ended up grasping the left stick between my thumb and forefinger) to be able to jump between the different note lanes in time.

I agree that a lot of practice would make the trophies easier but it isn't really grinding but training your muscle memory etc.

Just finished it! 100%! There are not words to describe how much I enjoyed this game. I agree with DarkRaven, for those who don't play rhythm games, it will be EXTREMELY tough and time consuming to even be able to get half of this list done, so my vote is a 10. It may be over-rating it, but it's what I feel is the correct mark: I've watched my friends trying to get an "Astro Admiral" grade on a level in Mediumcore to just give up after hours. I think I was able to do it because I loved this game so much and could take some frustration before throwing the controller to the wall. I consider the trophy list to be not very realistic toward the common gamer, or even the enthusiastic gamer. It doesn't just require practice, it requires natural skill for this kind of game. And lots of it too.

Edited by NachoHook
Spell check

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'll wait longer before giving it a rating, but this one is a bear. I don't know that it rates with music titles such as Smash Hits, simply because you never have to move your fingers that fast. But make no mistake - this one is hard.

I particularly like the people who rate it as "not impossible" despite never having got a single trophy <cough>Teravius<cough>.:D

• 1 month later...

This game requires you to have 3 things to complete it:

1. A sense of rhythm

2. Fast reactions

3. Memorization skills

You need #1 to properly time the beats, not that hard... anyone with a basic sense of this can do it. You need #2 for Xtreme. You need #3 to memorize the song (easily done by playing it a few times) and memorize certain parts of the levels that require you to move in non-standard ways (ie moving to a lane below you to avoid enemy fire when the next note is above you).

Rhythm game veterans I can't see having a problem with this game though. It's pretty straight forward more or less but it is still challenging. That said, those without rhythm experience will likely struggle a lot with this. Eventually though muscle memory should take over and the levels become easier with practice. It's easy to get overwhelmed by a hard level at first but after the 4th or 5th try you see you'll be getting close to AA rank.

For music game vets I say 8/10, for people lacking any of the 3 skills I mentioned above probably 9 or 10/10... the only reason I say 10/10 is because how many people have completed it, which is only 25 at this time.

Edited by QuantumMercury

• 1 month later...
This game requires you to have 3 things to complete it:

1. A sense of rhythm

2. Fast reactions

3. Memorization skills

You need #1 to properly time the beats, not that hard... anyone with a basic sense of this can do it. You need #2 for Xtreme. You need #3 to memorize the song (easily done by playing it a few times) and memorize certain parts of the levels that require you to move in non-standard ways (ie moving to a lane below you to avoid enemy fire when the next note is above you).

Rhythm game veterans I can't see having a problem with this game though. It's pretty straight forward more or less but it is still challenging. That said, those without rhythm experience will likely struggle a lot with this. Eventually though muscle memory should take over and the levels become easier with practice. It's easy to get overwhelmed by a hard level at first but after the 4th or 5th try you see you'll be getting close to AA rank.

For music game vets I say 8/10, for people lacking any of the 3 skills I mentioned above probably 9 or 10/10... the only reason I say 10/10 is because how many people have completed it, which is only 25 at this time.

^ This, Sajiko summed it up perfectly and I have nothing else to add. Just finished off my 100% a few minutes ago and I'll throw in another vote for 8/10 for rhythm game veterans, 9/10 or 10/10 for everyone else.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

9/10. the probability of screwing up during your Xtreme AA run is high.

glad that im not the only one who's fingers are tired. also, i felt that the X button on my DS3 will spoil sooner than the rest of the buttons.

LOL at the person who accused me of cheating and asking me for the cheat save file.

Edited by a558Ra1N

• 10 months later...

Giving this a high 8 (my first real rhythm game).

Despite what some people said, I didn't find tough nearly as hard as X-treme. Yes, there were a few more obscure spots in the later songs on tough that didn't make much sense with the rhythm, but once you memorize those 1-2 spots it becomes much, much easier than X-treme.

X-treme however, is hard. The first 3-4 songs are not too bad, but after that there are so quick sections you really have to concentrate without breaking for 1 second all the way, or you're instantly screwed. The hardest levels for me were lvl2, lvl4 and lvl1. Lvl4 is very diverse (regular notes/wormholes/small tentacles/large tentacle) and it gets sometimes very confusing, lvl 2 is just really fast paced, and lvl1 is even faster than lvl2 and has sections with just absolutely nonstop hitting and changing lines so like some said, it's even tiring for the fingers.

Some additional rage inducing was that the game froze literally on the last note of lvl1 on my first astro run, so I had to do it twice -_-

But regardless of all that, fantastic game and loved every moment of it. Especially the speed up challenges, those are so much fun, it's like you're on drugs lmao

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Voted 9.

This is the first rythm game i have done (maybe i did something else before but that was nothing hard), is a game which "plays" with you, is something more pshycological than skilled based, because once i learnt how to deal with mutiple notes scattered on the same line and scattered 1 by 1 on various lines (extreme mode) (and some particular routes to take) then it was all about win the pressure that was constantly on my heart and my hands when i was doing a perfect run.

I think that despite the difficulty this can be a good game to begin with if you are new to the genre, because here the synch between your hits and the music is quite clear (unlike for example in Kickbeat where i do not feel the rythm so well with my hits... and i'm a big music lover), with the exception of 2-3 levels maybe.

This is also a boring 100%, playing the campaign and the challenges on lowest difficulties (which must be done) can be very boring when you become better on this game.

Edited by VirtualNight

• 1 year later...

7/10. Difficult but doable game. The main problems for me were the visuals, as in many spots seeing the notes becomes quite a predicament and many times I knew a note was coming but I couldn't see it, and the gimmicks some levels have, mainly lv.7 and 4, which I found to be the hardest on Extreme. Having to memorize lasers, black holes, swipes and hard-to-see notes makes this a rather irritating experience but once muscle memory kicks in and you are not overcome by pressure it becomes very doable. Lv.2 and 1 weren't a huge problem as the notes were very visible and there were no peculiar gimmicks to memorize. Everything else should be much easier and Challenge mode is a joke and no challenge at all and also makes this very tedious, along with having to do 6 story playthroughs which is pretty stupid and boring.