Retro City Rampage (PS3 & Vita)

did the update fix the glitches?

LeeorV

The game recently received a massive update, that claims to have re-balanced, edited, and fixed many problems the game has, has anyone tried out some of the glitches to check if they're still there?

Well, I went ahead and e-mailed the creator, and here's the chain:

Dear Vblank.

I'm a PS3 / Vita player of RCR, I got the game recently after seeing that it got a major patch.

being a trophy hunter, being able to get 100% of the trophies in the game is extremely important to me, but the community over at PS3Trophies.org claims that there's a huge glitch in the game which can cause you to miss out on them. to be more specific, this thread - http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/retro-city-rampage/178410-retro-city-rampage-trophy-guide-roadmap.html#post3184972 - claims that

"This game has a nasty problem where either replaying story missions through the main menu or using the cross save feature between your PS3 and VITA will potentially delete data saved from in the game. Your file will still be there, but registered statistics and unlocked sprees will be erased. Erased high scores, weapons/money, the statistics counter for your time parts collected and powers unlocked as well as slaughter sprees previously unlocked disappearing from your game have all been reported."

is this issue handled in the major patch on PS3 & Vita? should I feel safe in using the cross save feature and replaying story missions?

Thanks in advance, Leeor

Response from Brian Provinciano:

Thanks for getting RCR! You can let them all know that this WAS fixed in the patch. Also, it's always best to Save via Cross-Save within the game (as opposed to the Main Menu) to ensure that it saves your active game slot and not another.

Edited by Johnny Bananas
merge; please use the edit button instead of double posting

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Response from Brian Provinciano:

Thanks for getting RCR! You can let them all know that this WAS fixed in the patch. Also, it's always best to Save via Cross-Save within the game (as opposed to the Main Menu) to ensure that it saves your active game slot and not another.

Well you can let him know that he's mistaken because it's not fixed at all. I just did it recently to see for myself and I still started the game on the platform I transferred to with no money, guns, or stats.

• 3 months later...