Retro City Rampage (PS3 & Vita)

PS3 / Vita share one trophy list (1st game to do so)

JimmyHACK

First game to share a trophy list. Game save transfer works but trophies will not re-pop since there is no need. Yes people will complain , but this is how it should have been from the start. Nice and clean listing. Sly 4 is also confirmed to share a list. For thw trophy whores the best they can hope for is that titles that don't apply for "cross buy" may still have 2 list. I don't know is Sony will make devs share or just have the option.

:applause:

Not sure what dictates how things "should" be.

Little dissapointed but it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Well, usually in life, you get a 1 to 1 reward for what you do, that just makes sense. And as long as it's equal to everyone, which it obviously is, nobody really loses.

Not surprised about this move, nor would I be if games in the future did so too. Or at least games that are completely identical and use features such as Cloud Saving between Vita/PS3 or the Cross Buy feature.

Speaking of, is RCR a Cross Buy game? Going to get it later today, and I hope I can enjoy the game on both console and handheld :).

Two games should be two games not treated like one game. They shouldn't share a list and they also shouldn't cross sync. Especially if this happens with the cross-buy games and they have digital copies for Vita only like rumored. There will be people that want to play the games on both systems and will want retail copies for both like myself.

Edited by Hayabusa85

Great, that's what I was hoping. I have the platinum for Motostorm RC Vita and won't install the PS3 version because I don't feel good earning a trophy twice by completing the requirements once. Good to know this one will share the same list, I hope every game that's released for both systems from now on work like this. Bad news for trophy whores, great news for me :)

Edited by overday

So I'm confused...

I played last night, earned "You Broke the Law" on my vita. Quit the game, synced, and went to bed.

I'm a Plus user, so after I went to bed last night, my PS3 auto-synced.

Today at lunch, I fire it up on the PS3 and load my cross-saved game, and as soon as I run over a cop, my PS3 pops the "You Broke the Law" trophy again.

After I quit, I re-synced, and even on my trophy list, it still says I earned the trophy last night on the Vita.

Does this mean even if I earn a trophy on Vita, it's still going to pop on PS3 when I re-complete the given task, or did my accounts just have a slight glitch? If I have to live through trophies popping that don't mean anything, that's going to be hard to take. :p

What basically happened was that the PS3 didn't know you already earned the trophy. It then popped. When you re-synced, it was updated with the correct time stamp (when you earned it first on your Vita).

Why didn't the PS3 know you earned the trophy? When you start a PS3 game for the 1st time, it installs the trophy list. It installs it locally with 0% trophies, even if you have it synced at more than that. The same thing happens when you change your PS3 and play your games again or if you change HDD on your PS3.

What basically happened was that the PS3 didn't know you already earned the trophy. It then popped. When you re-synced, it was updated with the correct time stamp (when you earned it first on your Vita).

Why didn't the PS3 know you earned the trophy? When you start a PS3 game for the 1st time, it installs the trophy list. It installs it locally with 0% trophies, even if you have it synced at more than that. The same thing happens when you change your PS3 and play your games again or if you change HDD on your PS3.

Actually, if you change your PS3 it downloads the trophy lists (and all of their trophies) stored under your PSN account the first time you sync. Same happens if you have the same PSN account on two PS3 systems, once you earn a trophy and sync, the trophy should be downloaded to the other PS3 as soon as you sync it. If he synced the Vita yesterday and the PS3 after that, the trophy info should have been downloaded and list, updated. Something may have failed during the PS3 sync.

Not sure what dictates how things "should" be.

Little dissapointed but it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Well said, I totally agree. I don't care how they do it honestly. Making the trophies unlock for both systems makes more sense to me, although there should be an option given to the players how they want to unlock the trophies on both systems. That would probably be too much of a "hassle" for them to program in.

Actually, if you change your PS3 it downloads the trophy lists (and all of their trophies) stored under your PSN account the first time you sync. Same happens if you have the same PSN account on two PS3 systems, once you earn a trophy and sync, the trophy should be downloaded to the other PS3 as soon as you sync it. If he synced the Vita yesterday and the PS3 after that, the trophy info should have been downloaded and list, updated. Something may have failed during the PS3 sync.

That is true, BUT, when you start a game for the 1st time on a new HDD/console, the game installs the trophies, with 0% locally, which means the PS3 thiks you don't have any trophies, until you sync again.

There's a bunch of threads with people asking this popping up regularly.

Two games should be two games not treated like one game. They shouldn't share a list and they also shouldn't cross sync. Especially if this happens with the cross-buy games and they have digital copies for Vita only like rumored. There will be people that want to play the games on both systems and will want retail copies for both like myself.

But the entire point of cross-buy games is that they aren't two games. It's the same game on both platforms. And one game should be one game not treated like two games. They should share a list and they should cross sync.

• 3 months later...

If I want to play a game twice and buy two copies of it to earn more trophies, I should be able to, it's my money and I should have that choice. Games that are on both the ps3 and the vita should not share a trophy list, no one is forcing anyone to buy both copies. If I want to earn the same trophy twice I should be able to. Having said that, for this game the trophy's don't count twice like in motor storm Ric right? Just want to be sure I'm not breaking any thl rules. Thanks.