Isn't it sad?

jame334

Yep. But you have to wonder what they were thinking releasing here in the US 1 week after FF 13 and the same day as GoW 3. A lot of people who just shelled out 130 USD on those cannot take the risk on a game that sort of slipped in.

I had my eye on this since November and pre-ordered online from GameStop but the walk-in store didnt have a release date for it til 2 weeks before it did release and even then, they claimed it wouldnt be out until May. My copy came via- postal the day after release and the walk-in store still hasnt a copy in sight.

Sadly, Tri-Ace never has high selling games, but some of the most challenging and unique titles.

Valkyrie Profile

Radiata Stories

Star Ocean

None of these games sell very well. I think VP2 was one of the top 5 best prg's ever, but nobody played it!

ROF is a great game, but will end up a cult game. Fan favorite, 'niche' title, that way more people overlooked than should have.

A couple of years from now, this game will be immpossible to find, and selling for rediculous prices on ebay and amazon. Then, nobody will play it because it costs too much lol.

I hate when this happens to quality rpg's. And it's only crime is having the game come out around the same time as highly anticipated games.

I'll tell you what is REALLY sad. With all the trophy whores out there, Hanna Montana will outsell this game 5 to 1.

Now that is a damn crying shame.

It's fun, but it's tough ): I gave up a few hours ago. Maybe I'll get back to playing it later.

DOn't give up. This game is pretty difficult at the begining due to the steep learning curve. If you give it a little time, you will find your characters flying through the air, taking out bosses in two hits like the pro's do lol.

It is a title worthy of anybodies time, don't let the confusing battle system throw you off at first.

Once you figure what is going on, you will be happy you stuck with it.

DOn't give up. This game is pretty difficult at the begining due to the steep learning curve. If you give it a little time, you will find your characters flying through the air, taking out bosses in two hits like the pro's do lol.

It is a title worthy of anybodies time, don't let the confusing battle system throw you off at first.

Once you figure what is going on, you will be happy you stuck with it.

Indeed, this game is awesome.

Yeah, it's too bad. Kind of reminds me of my favorite RPG from last generation, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, both in the often silly tone of the character interactions as well as being totally awesome and completely overlooked.

Hell of a game though. Definitely the best thing out of Tri-Ace since the original Valkyrie Profile.

I agree, in part. IMO, Valkyire Profile 2> Valkyrie Profile.

I love the original, and true, it had way better Einherriar(spelling) with deep back stories, and all around super game. But, VP2, I enjoyed alot more. It had no time constrates that the first had, always putting you in a rush to get things done. 2 let you go at yoour own pace, and revisit areas without penalty.

I personaly think the world of tri-ace, and it hurts my heart that they don't get the kinds of numbers, money wise, that alot of inferior rpg's seem to get.

Not saying any names lol.

All in all, I can't complain. Any rpg for the ps3 makes my day, but why make more if they don't sell well.

I guess maybe the gun craze is in?

Off topic:Okay I find it fun....but I realised that it's better off using hero actions than normal charging since it doesn't seem to complete a single charge >.<

That's true... In the begining anyway. After you are able to equip your guns with better parts, and level up with said guns, you will be able to charge up VERY fast, even from far away.

Later in the game, you have to be very careful whenyou use hero actions. Enemies can snatch up your bezels pretty quickly, and with hero actions flying like they are going out of style, you will be in critical mode in no time.

Enjoy while it lasts. The enemies start getting wise to the hero actions, and it will actualy hurt you in the end.

It is possible to take a gamble, and go "Rambo style" trying to take out a leader before they can attack can be a good stratergy, but when no leaders on screen, use your bezels with caution.

• 2 weeks later...

its a shame that this genre is so unpopular.

valkyria chronicles really got me into strategy rpgs (which is so weird, because i love strategy and role playing games but was never aware that there are strategy rpgs :D).

i'd love to play more games like valkyria chronicles, disgaea or resonance of fate but unfortunately i dont think we are going to see many more... (especially considering the horrible sales figures... :( )

but hey, as long as we get our annual sports game update and the 7th million fps everybody is happy (apart from me :( )

ps. the last time i was so disappointed by the gaming community was Bayonetta which wasnt even a game anymore, that one was art! sad that truly good and unique design choices arent rewarded with good sales.

ps. the last time i was so disappointed by the gaming community was Bayonetta which wasnt even a game anymore, that one was art! sad that truly good and unique design choices arent rewarded with good sales.

Oh man, that is soooo true. Bayonetta is awesome!

The sales aren't that bad though, it outsold the X360 version thanks to that miraculously patch. I think the total sales are about 1.1 million by now. =D

I bought Bayonetta and my brother bought Resonance of Fate this month and I can say we are more than happy. I never saw him so excited playing a game since Uncharted I think. I keep watching him playing when I have time and I'm looking forward to it after I'm done with Bayo's platinum.

P.S.: I also bought FFXIII on March but I didn't even touch it!

I really love this game so far. I'm about 30 hours in, and everything about it has made me VERY pleased. I finished off FFXIII not that long ago, and I am a HUGE Final Fantasy fan, but I will go ahead and say that this game offers a lot of unique RPG and play style events that FFXIII didn't.

IMO RoF and FFXIII are both fantastic quality RPGs, and neither should be missed. I'm really happy I found a copy of this at Gamestop last week.

I'm now about 2/3 the way through my first playthrough and I just love the game. It really grows on you.

Much like the recent posters, I do seem to like the 'forgotten' games (Demon's Souls, ROF, Bayonetta, etc). It really is sad that this game is completely lost in the public eye.

• 5 weeks later...

FFXIII seemed way too short...storylines seem to be getting way too simple. Still, waiting on 14.

Still have Demon's Souls and play it sometimes. I love the fact that when I hit the button to dodge an attack, I actually dodge, its not some random variable or predetermined stat.

I have Bayonetta around here somewhere but I haven't been able to get myself to finish it yet...that and the multiple difficulty trophies/locked out difficulties/really terrible music/cheesy cutscenes. Actually, I wouldn't have gotten it if it weren't cheap...

RoF seems to be at least twice as enjoyable when I'm playing my own music in the background. Wish more ps3 games had this feature. I hear the Xbox has this built in. Sony has work to do.