Best Way To Level Up ?

Setsuna

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'be been trying is leveling in the arena as much as I can. You need to beat each arena level 10 times anyway for the trophy. Also swapping guns around so each character gets both hand and machine leveling.

Your total level is the combination of hand/machine/thrown so if you are 10 handgun 7 machine gun 7 grenade your level is 24.

It seems you gain levels based on amount of shots fired/items thrown vs enemy level so it might be good to fight higher level arena battles but not so high you get thumped. You make some great cash there...

Also for the 30 enemies killed with barehands I used 1 machine gunner to pump the scratch damage as full as I could then meleed with the other 2 on the level 1 arena battle. Even if you fail, the kills you managed still get counted and it costs less than retrying in the field.

If you want to lvl up pretty quick, just look for an area where there is an enemy with high HP. Use your machine gunner turn first, hero action and let the guage fully charge before shooting the enemy. This way, you can fill the scratch damage (blue) then just toss 1 gernade, and watch the lvls fly!

This only works for so long, but if you switch weapons to even out all three characters, they get better with each weapon, and lets you charge guage longer.

Try this. It won't work for the whole game, but it will get you to about 35+ in a minimal amount of time.

A good place is as soon as you go down from core 2, you will find a big enemy, dweller? maybe, at night. You can also farm him for yellow hexs like crazy.

Hope this helps.

EDIT-

I have read the above stratergy for lvling, and it is a very good idea, but more than half way into the game.

The strat I offered will help get to this point. Once you are strong enough to get to rank 20 in the arena, deff use the arena strat. It really is a good idea lol!

Thanks for posting that.

Edited by Blood_Runs_Cold

My little method works pretty well the first half of the game.

The Dwellers have about 1,250 HP, so if you scrath him all the way, it only takes one hit by HG or nade to kill him. The machine gunner will lvl the quickest, but the person killing him will also lvl up.

Switch the machine gun and kill duties, and your characters will skyrocket.

You can do this as long as you want, but I figure lvl 40 will be more than enough.

The dwellers are acomponied by two dogs, but dweller is leader, so fight last no longer than 10-20 seconds. They also drop quality meat which sells for good money. They drop dirty pouch(or something like that) that can be scraped for 5 molitoves, which will keep you in free throwing weapons for ever.

Good luck, let me know if you have any guestions. I'll try to help as best I can.

Well i have an update on Pant's Method , the earliest you can fully use his method is during Chapter 9 , there will be a guild mission where you have to feed a dog a number of times and itll give you items one of which is the item you trade to Daniel at Ebel for the EXP Trainer

Right, and the quality meat is the item you have to give the "dog". I dont remember how many, somewhere around 20 or so-- SO, by going where I stated, you will have plenty of the items needed to feed the "dog" all in all, two birds, one stone.

Thanks for the info. I'm currently on chap. 9, but yet to do any side quests. I was wondering where the xp+ accesory was!

EDIT-

For the feeding side quest, you need 1 luxory meat to complete. 12 quality meat to get the tradable item for the xp accesory.

I currently don't know where the Luxory meat is, but when I get home in a bit, I'll post what you have to do and where this meat can be located.

the green hexes have to be used due to the shapes of the trails you will need to work to get them to the arena. It doesn't matter if the hexes are purple, any color can be changed.

You prob have to drop a green save station, and connect greens from there to both the arena and the xp station.

I'm working on farming the last of the greens. I'll let you know as soon as I get them all connected to the arena.

Ok, I got the greens to the arena last night. This is what you have to do.

Earlier in the game, there is a mission that requires you to connect 1 terminal to Pateropolis. That certain terminal is covered by green hexes. You would have had to used a green hex to turn said terminal on.

SO, skipping forward to chapter 9. If you have the 80 green hexes in stock (not that many needed, but better safe than sorry) surely, you should have at least 4 purple hexes from earlier story missions.

Now you want to use those on the x2 xp and double terminals to open them up.

Now use regular white hexes to get rid of the purple hexes all around the two terminals you want.

Once you do that, just run a path from one of the green hexes on the right side of level 6 that you used the terminal for pateropolis.

Also, if the green hexes that were around that first terminal are still touching it, use a white hex on that terminal, otherwise, you will have that terminal sucking energy too, and that will require alot more green hexes needed to power up the other two to the arena.

Make sure to save before using all those green hexes. Just in case, those things aren't as easy to come by as pants stated lol.

Just start connecting the green hexes to the two terminals you want, elevater to level 4, and run a trail to the arena. Once you have a "road" to the arena, just keep placing green hexes all around the area to get enough power for the terminals to turn on. Try you're best to make sure the whole green hex is coloring an area. Try not to overlap them too much. More bang for your buck.

If you used all the green hexes and still haven't activated the two terminals, just go back to lvl 7 and farm a couple more.

Also, even though this was intended to quick lvl MG users, it wouldn't hurt to do this ASAP. Remember how many grueling fights await in the arena? Well, it doesn't hurt to have +xp fighting up to rank 20 does it?

Try this and let me know if you have any problems. I didn't have time last night to get the doll from girl with the "dog" for the xp accessory, but I'll do that one tonight for sure.

Also, when farming for greens, I know it was said Tundra was the best place, but I didn't have much luck there. I would recomend going down to level 8, and use any color hexes you have a bunch of,(prob yellows or reds) and activate the terminal down there. It's a 2.5 rare drop terminal. Just drop a colored save station. You can get them in crank town for trading 5 of any color hex you want. Bring it back to 7, and place hexes all around underneath Cranktown. At night, you will get a fight everytime, that has shady thug as leader. Make sure you scratch all his body parts by jumping, charging, and shooting him. This way, when you use a hg character to kill him, he will drop green hexes.

This worked for me ALMOST every time I fought him, and was imo waay faster than the strat you found on xboxachievements.

Either way, both places drop greens, but you can't take the rare drop terminal to tundra due to the weird hex design. Best place is around crank town. If you look at the bottom left of the screen when placing hexes, look for "Deserted Block" That is the area. At night you ALWAYS get thugs to pop up.

Yeah I hear you about tundra lol. Using the lucky charm is cool, but I also used it and noticed no real differences when it came to green hexes being dropped. Due it being the Shady Thug's "Rare" drop.

The best way to increase this is by activating and getting the x2 rare drop terminal up to 7. Also, when you kill a thug, you will see those gem like things falling out of his body. When you kill one and see a larger gold gem, you just got a green hex!

Good luck.

Update

When you get to chapter 9, there is a guild quest you can do called "Help Kitty Dog"

In this quest, you have to give 1 luxory meat to the little girl to complete it.

Afetr completing the guest, you can stay there and give the girl 12 Quality Meats. She will say her "dog" is full and thank you. Leave the town, and go back in.

She will then give you a doll you can trade the old man in front of the shop by your base, for the +xp accessory that we all want so very bad lol.

The official guide says that you can find said meat by killing enemies called "Wrecking Ballers" They are located on Level 6, in the Lucia dungeon.

I tryed farming these guys for the luxory meat for over 2 hours, and I got nothing.

I checked other forums to see what kind of luck others were having, and they all say it is in Lucia, just have to be patient and a little lucky.

Luxory meat is deff a rare random drop. You may have to kill a bunch of these guys to get one.

However, on the good side, If you have been doing the green hex laying in this area, and happened to turn Lucia green, with the added xp from the terminals, I've been lvling up like crazy.

My advice to anybody is,

connect the terminals to Lucia. You are going to be there for a while trying to get a Luxory meat to drop anyway, and this is an unexpected great lvling spot.

I'll keep looking around. If I find a faster way to get a luxory meat, I'll post it here.

Thanks for the update , i actually got the luxury meat on my second try. I had the Lucky Charm accessory on as well as an active terminal that increases item drop rate ...

As of now, over the course of maybe a little over an hour my Leanne has skyrocketed from level 40 - 85 , all through her MG level. Keep in mind that i was wasting half that time i was doing it because i didnt fully upgrade the charge on my machine gun to get maximum amount of points from the arena mission like The Pants Party states in his guide

So upgrade your MG to have AS MUCH Charge as you can possible

The only question on my mind right now is if its better to do one character at a time with both MG equipped to them , or split the MG between character ... im wondering which one is faster

Thats good to hear.

I don't know what would be faster. I assume that having two MG characters at once would be faster due to both lvling together at the same time.

BTW, did you run the x2 rare drop terminal up to Lucia from level 7?

Using greens?

Just wondering, I would like to get that meat tonight!

Im going to test it now , it appears to me duel wielding the guns is faster atm

The green hexes your going to use for the 2x effect and 1.5 exp effect toward the arena ... on level 4 i ran green hexes from the 1.5 item drop rate terminal by Hughes power station to Lucia , it helps to the amount of hexes your need anyway :]

Oh yeah lol! I forgot about that terminal next to hughs.

I saw it, but didn't want to use it so I could see how many greens you REALLY need to get the paers at arena.

Cool, I'll go farm a few more greens, and just run it down instead of up

Thanks man. I'm blind sometimes I guess lol