Rate the trophy difficulty...  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.96

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe I'm the first one to post here...

Anyways, this game wasn't too bad, though initially the learning curve in the beginning is quite high. You have no idea what you're doing yet the game literally just throws you out into the battlefield without a tutorial. When you do view the tutorial, it makes very little sense till you actually play the game and get the hang of it yourself. Once you understand the basics though, the game shines.

There's nothing particularly hard in this game, with the exception of the first couple of chapters. Once you've reached mid-game though, there's really nothing a few hours of grinding won't solve. Almost all of the trophies you'll earn natrually by just playing the game. Only thing most players will be annoyed with is the arena.

Vedict: 5/10

I just platinumed it, I'll give it about a 7 or 8. There's alot of grinding, a few difficult parts, and on average it's about 100 hours to platinum. It just depends if you're willing to tough it out, but I definitely wouldn't give it a 5 since I think the average person would give up on it.

Apart from the initial difficulty because of the steep learning curve the game is disappointingly easy. I cant understand all the reviews stating the game features a very high difficulty...

Time consuming but not difficult. Even Neverland is rather easy as long as you have one character with MG lvl 100.

Hardest trophy for me was to kill myself... xD

• 3 weeks later...

Voted 5.

The learning curve is a bit rough in the first chapter, but once you understand the game, it is fun to play and not terribly hard. Neverland is tough, but it all comes down to picking the correct strategy. So the plat is not difficult as far as game-play goes.

Now if a person is more concerned by the amount of time a plat takes, then this score would need to go up. There is, as everyone has stated, quite a bit of grinding to do.

I wish we could start splitting the votes for platinum rating into two fields, game-play difficulty, and time-difficulty.

I voted a 7. I gave it such a high vote because of the first few chapters of the game, as well as Neverland. Until around Chapter 9, there were many difficult battles that required patients and smart tactics. Around chapter 10 you become super strong and can dominate pretty well. However, even with all this strength, Neverland is still quite tricky. I was level 230 with all characters in Neverland and still died a few times if I didn't approach the fights the correct way.

Overall though, this is a fantastic platinum if you are looking to feel as though you've achieved something. This game does require you to learn a great fighting system, and doesn't really get old at all. Even completing 500 arena battles doesn't feel like much of a grind, as they tweak the fights enough each time that it keeps it interesting. Also, after 500 arena battles, you're super strong! Finally, the most tedious trophy was probably the second play through. It only took less than 4 hours to do, but you are so strong that it gets a bit boring.

Total completing time for platinum, 90:48:24.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the platinum a few weeks ago.

Voted 7.

There are some challenging battles.

Even with overpowered characters you still can get you a*s kicked, but

the game is not frustrating as you can restart any battle provided you have

the money (which is NOT A PROBLEM)

I needed about 90 hours.

I voted 4. I had no idea what I was doing in the beginning and yewjhin's awesome trophy guide wasn't up yet so I had to figure out a lot of things.

The battle system took awhile to learn but once you understand it, everything becomes easy. The first half of the game is quite challenging initially but once you can level all characters to 100 MG around chapter 8-9, it becomes a breeze. Even Neverland itself wasn't much of challenge by this point.

Star ranking the arena was tedious and very time consuming but not necessarily difficult. Overall a very enjoyable game and truly underrated, perhaps due to the same day release date with FF13 and GOW3 (what the hell were they thinking?).

Thus it's time for me to start FF13 and from what I've been hearing, I doubt that game could hold a candle to RoF. Hopefully Tri-Ace will make a sequel or something similar. For those of you on the fence, go play this game already! :cool:

I haven't voted here yet? :whistle:

So basically, I rarely give scores above 5 when there are no online-related trophies and Resonance of Fate gets a 5 from me only for the Star-Rating-Arena-trophy. I mean the 500 Arena fights are REALLY annoying even if you need them in another way to level up. But hey...5 wins would have been enough.

There is actually not a single trophy that is hard or complicated or complex. Even Neverland is not that hard if you understood the basics of the combat & level-system. My second playthrough was a speed-run (3h30) and I enjoyed it! All the cut-scenes and story-related videos suddenly made sense if you watch them without a 8-hour-interruption to climb the Arena-ranks :applause:

5/10...took me 87 hours in total, time-consuming but fairly easy. A piece of cake compared to Yakuza 3.

• 3 weeks later...
Can't believe I'm the first one to post here...

Anyways, this game wasn't too bad, though initially the learning curve in the beginning is quite high. You have no idea what you're doing yet the game literally just throws you out into the battlefield without a tutorial. When you do view the tutorial, it makes very little sense till you actually play the game and get the hang of it yourself. Once you understand the basics though, the game shines.

There's nothing particularly hard in this game, with the exception of the first couple of chapters. Once you've reached mid-game though, there's really nothing a few hours of grinding won't solve. Almost all of the trophies you'll earn natrually by just playing the game. Only thing most players will be annoyed with is the arena.

Vedict: 5/10

I know, I know, 'huge necro' and all..., but are actually serious?

I have played this game for over a week and I still get my ass kicked by regular enemies because my screen is having a fucking seizure as soon as the hero bar runs out.

I have completed all the arena tutorials twice, played dozens of arena challenges, died three million times, devoted my life to the game, sold my soul to the fucking devil just to complete it, turned water into wine, cured all the world's diseases and I still can't get past the second chapter. It's like as if you are walking down a corridor and there is a steel wall in the way that you have to break with your head: it. is. not. possible.

It's like as if the enemies look at the rules of the game themselves and even they don't understand them. Then they just shrug and say 'fuck it, let's punish this asshole for buying this game', while they minigun me as soon as my screen is having a seizure.

But maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, maybe you happen to own a unique copy of the game: 'Resonance of Fate: The non-douchebaggery edition'.

Seriously dude, I have nothing against you, but what you said in your comment made me cringe a little inside. The amount of pure, concentrated pain this game causes is something Fox News should see. The difficulty of this game is legendary, and rarely do I throw in the towel for a game, as I am obsessive and compulsive to get 100% at every video game I buy.

• 3 weeks later...