XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

View Poll Results: Rate the trophy difficulty...
1 - Very Easy 2 1.02%
2 0 0%
3 5 2.54%
4 21 10.66%
5 59 29.95%
6 49 24.87%
7 32 16.24%
8 15 7.61%
9 2 1.02%
10 - Very Hard 12 6.09%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #21
Ravage2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadSkin View Post
Can't believe I'm the first one to post here...

Anyways, this game wasn't too bad, though initially the learning curve in the beginning is quite high. You have no idea what you're doing yet the game literally just throws you out into the battlefield without a tutorial. When you do view the tutorial, it makes very little sense till you actually play the game and get the hang of it yourself. Once you understand the basics though, the game shines.

There's nothing particularly hard in this game, with the exception of the first couple of chapters. Once you've reached mid-game though, there's really nothing a few hours of grinding won't solve. Almost all of the trophies you'll earn natrually by just playing the game. Only thing most players will be annoyed with is the arena.

Vedict: 5/10
I know, I know, 'huge necro' and all..., but are actually serious?

I have played this game for over a week and I still get my ass kicked by regular enemies because my screen is having a fucking seizure as soon as the hero bar runs out.

I have completed all the arena tutorials twice, played dozens of arena challenges, died three million times, devoted my life to the game, sold my soul to the fucking devil just to complete it, turned water into wine, cured all the world's diseases and I still can't get past the second chapter. It's like as if you are walking down a corridor and there is a steel wall in the way that you have to break with your head: it. is. not. possible.

It's like as if the enemies look at the rules of the game themselves and even they don't understand them. Then they just shrug and say 'fuck it, let's punish this asshole for buying this game', while they minigun me as soon as my screen is having a seizure.

But maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, maybe you happen to own a unique copy of the game: 'Resonance of Fate: The non-douchebaggery edition'.

Seriously dude, I have nothing against you, but what you said in your comment made me cringe a little inside. The amount of pure, concentrated pain this game causes is something Fox News should see. The difficulty of this game is legendary, and rarely do I throw in the towel for a game, as I am obsessive and compulsive to get 100% at every video game I buy.
Ravage2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:50 PM   #22
nicolascolau

it is a hell to star all the arena, but its just a time consume trophy nothing really difficult to achiv if u get the battle sistem... actually im using only 2 caracters u really dont need the 3 one T.T
nicolascolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:49 PM   #23
Anomanderuselnu

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

This game is mostly just time consuming. The parts that really get me are when you are only allowed to use 2/3 characters and the difficulty stays the same. I've also heard some stuff about Neverland but that's a loooong ways off..
Old 07-30-2010, 10:15 PM   #24
Xzero

I give it a 7 mainly for the beginning, Neverland, and last few arena battles.
Xzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #25
silent_trueblade

the game was great. the only trophy that sucked was the arena one

I do not accept blank friend requests. Please write a message so that I know that we can help eachother

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, GoW 1-3, Uncharted 2, InFamous, Sacred 2, Prince of Persia, Bayonetta, Assassins Creed 2, Darksiders, Resonance of Fate, Terminator Salvation, Red Dead Redemption

Currently searching for help with LittleBigPlanet and Red Dead Redemption trophies.
silent_trueblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #26
Bahamut

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Gave it a 5

Most of the trophys you get whithout even trying, some are a but tricky but nothing hard at all. The second playtrought can be finished in like 5 hours (I guess it took me even less tham that).
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #27
~Nelliel~

All trophies were pretty easy. The only that sucked was getting stars on all Arena ranks, it took longer then I thought, but after 91 hours I got my Plat! Neverland was pretty easy, everyone made it sound like it was super hard and Armor Piercing Rounds was a must, but I went through Neverland only using them twice. My last Trophy was actually the Barehanded one, haha.

I'll give this one a 5 as well.
~Nelliel~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:33 AM   #28
jigsaw

agreed,neverland was a joke compared to the usual postgame stuff tri ace throws at you,ap rounds are gamebreaking enough but what were they thinking with the 100% stun rate?i swear the neverland boss couldnt even touch me once because he was stunned after every action

i give it a 4 because the beginning is really frustrating and the arena is a bit time consuming (though,the 500 arena battles are nothing compared to the 2000 (!) you need to do in star ocean 4),but once you get the hang of it this is among the easiest jrpgs ever and a very easy platinum

Last edited by jigsaw; 08-14-2010 at 07:34 AM.
jigsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:32 PM   #29
Anomanderuselnu

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Almost done, just have to get through lap 2. The arena really was the only terrible grind. I've never played any other Tri-Ace game so I can't say anything as to comparisons.

For the battle system, the one thing that got me for a long time was large enemies with tons of body parts that would constantly get in the way of a hero attack/jump/tri-attack.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:37 AM   #30
Quiet_You!

Platinum this game and voted a 6/10. Not hard but steep learning curve and time consuming on arena challenges. There were a few parts (Neverland) and arena challenges where I had to do a few times, other than that, the 2nd playthrough was actually enjoyable when playing through again while retaining the character levels.

1. Resonance of Fate
2. Killzone 2
3. Call of Duty: World at War
4. Resistance 2
5. Ferrari Challenge
Quiet_You! is offline   Reply With Quote