If I am going for the plat...

tuvuu48

many hours at least 60 more if you are not efficient. There is a lot of grinding in this game as is and for platinum the most grindy part is the arena where you have to repeat 50 of the same battles at least 10 times. that part is terrible and really time consuming.

overall either you love combat system in this game and gun customization it comes with or you should stay away.

Theoretically speed run of a playthrough is around 16 hours times two as game needs to be finished twice thats 32 plus arena another 5-10 hours so 40 hours if you are god of jrpgs and strictly going for trophies without enjoying the game and side stuff.

Edited by asdfen

depends on how fast you are able to grasp combat mechanics

now, most of combat scenarios for me last under a minute if you are going to do NG+ on the same difficulty and keep endgame gear you should be able to shave off some time off every combat scenario but not not that much.

however when I first played this game and was terrible at it, combat rounds were a lot longer iirc sometimes around 5 min, heck I even remember dying and having to retry so depends

New game+ (same difficulty:

Retain All levels and weapons skills

Retain all hero guage bezels

Retain all hunter rank points

Retain all rubies

Retain all tools, weapons, custom parts, and all accessories

Retain white and black energy hexes

Retain all apperel items, including special costumes

Retain all "other" catagory items

Retain all Valuables ( core lift pass 1, panda set, piggy set, ect)

All monsters remain in bestiary

Retain all victories in the arena. Ranks become available in specific chapters as per usual.

Increase in difficulty (e.g. Hard, Advanced, etc):

Retain all black energy hexes

Retain Hi-pod accessory

Retain all apparel items, including special costumes

Retain all valuables

All monsters remain in bestiary

So, there you go.

as per someone else. iirc its correct. been a while

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed this game a lot when I played it on Xbox so I picked it up recently for our PS3. I checked my log and I think I put in around 120 hrs. However I grinded out all of my levels to above 100 for everything including thrown weapons. I think my first playthrough was about 110HRS and the second was only 10 as I could one shot almost every single enemy in the game.

Don't know if we can link to the sister site so mods if we cannot please let me know:

Help with Handgun and Thrown objects

Edited by Yuppa

• 4 months later...