Some questions at chapter 5

Heruva

Hi all,

I'm back here with some questions I'd like to have an answer for before advancing chapter 5. I haven't spent a lot of time grinding, but I've been casually playing, not rusing through the chapters. I've starred up till arena rank 5, then I just did the 3 mandatory battles as I'd like to wait until I can get the exp boost for the arena.

I've already taking the scope mount and the second machine gun at dakota veins and freud remnants. that all makes me now be at lvl 29 for zephyr, lvl 27 for vashyron and lvl 28 for leanne. zephyr is the MG user.

That being out of the way, below are my questions, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone would be able to share his/her insight and advice with me.

1. Red lines vs blue lines during hero action.

Ok, I understand this may be a question with a very obvious answer but I have no clue about this. It used to be for a very long time, that at the start of a battle, zephyr always had a blue dotted line when initiating a hero action. Leanne and vashyron had red dotted lines.

However, now there is no longer any consistency in the colour of the lines. Sometimes zephyr has a red dotted line, sometimes blue... But there is always only 1 blue line. I am probably missing something very obvious here but is there any meaning about the colour of the hero action lines? It doesn't matter whether what type of weapon they seem to have equipped.

2. Guild mission "The Sign", Chapter 5, Level 6

This is about the traveling merchant on level 6 in "Forsaken".

She won't sell any goods until someone tracks down some monster that stole her billboard. I've read in a guide that if you complete that mission, all "challenge enemies" vanish from level 6.

Now, I've already done the ones available here, but what about the future challenges? Will they also disappear? I need to do this guild mission for the trophies so I've got no choice... But I'd like to know if I'll still be able to do later challenges on this level.

3. Charge speed vs Charge acceleration

Well now, at chapter 5 I noticed with a smile on my face that cranktown opened up. And man does the tinkerer there have a variety of stuff to customize your weaps with. yihaa. But I'm not sure I understand something correctly.

The way I see it, your weapon charges the first time according to the Charge Speed stat. All following charges are Charge Speed + (Charge Acceleration * # turn).

That would mean that if my CS is 50 and my CA is 10, at turn 2 I would charge at 50 + (10 * 2) = 70

IF this is correct, then I assume it is not always best to invest in 2 - 3 CA increase at the cost of like 15-20 CS... Maybe I do not have the best battle strategy but my handgun users only charge like 4-5 times anyway during normal fights, an once during the easy ones. I only have them charge fully during tougher fights against sledgehammers, rocketfoots and high level frag dwellers or so.

I was just wondering if some RoF veteran here could maybe confirm that my thinking here is correct, or maybe conclude I've got it all wrong and possible give me a nudge in the right direction.

4. SG-B226 - Chapter 1, Ebel City Shop. Costs 100,000 rubies

I'm talking about the SG-B226 handgun here.

I've googled this one a while and look here... it's right here under my nose at the ps3trophies forums.

In fact, I bought this one for Leanne in chapter 2, not 1. However after advancing to chapter 3 I could no longer obtain it. It isn't that much better than the original but CS and Magazine Size are slightly better.

Here's the first time I read that it's only available uring a specific chapter, it doesn't even say so in the bradygames walkthrough. Just wondering if it's justified to have any slight idle hope at getting it a bit later again anyways :p

These questions out of the way I'd like to thank everyone again for helping me out earlier! I've performed some tri-attacks. Still some work to do on them but it's getting better and I have no more issues with the bonus shots :)

Cheers all,

Heruva

Edited by Heruva
Corrected spelling errors

1. ok when you do a hero action to earn a resonance point your character must run in between the other 2. this is what gives the blue line. when you highlight a character and press :square: and it shows the red line this means the path of the hero action does not pass between the other 2 and wont earn a resonance point. so when the battle starts the character in the middle will always a blue line because the default path for the action will pass between the 2 on the outside. and the 2 characters on the outside will always be red. hope that clears it up.

2. You will be fine. other guild missions wont be affected.

3. yeah you pretty much have it. When customizing , Charge speed and charge accleration are what you want to focus on and you want CA to be about 70% of CS to get the best results.

4. there is very little difference between the available weapons in the game. you will have no trouble later in the game with the default weapons fully customized. there are some guns with better base stats but its not a big enough difference to warrant worrying about missing any individual weapon

thx for the reply, i really appreciate it.

1. oh oh, how could i have missed this?? lol, sorry but thank you very much for clearing this up. *smacks head into nearby wall*

2. i might not have been clear enough about this one. i'm actually worrying about the future challenge fights (red glowing hexes) on level 6, not the future guild missions.

3. thanks, i'm nowhere near having CA at 70% of CS though but i now know i've got the concept right. my CS is at 99 and 94 for the handguns, 100 for the machinegun. CA at 6 and 9 for handguns, 11 for machinegun.

i'm actually wondering if i should sacrifice 3 MG CS to raise magazine size from 20 to 24 and maybe sacrifice 15 HG CS for both HG's to raise magazine size from 11 to 15 and from 10 to 16.

4. thx, i'll keep that in mind.

3. ok... i just wanted to point out that after spending little over 130k at cranktown, i think i'm close to maximizing the current setup for the weapons. i fiddled around with the barrels and managed to raise CA for the machine gun from 11 to 12 and CA for the handguns from 6 to 10 and from 9 to 15 while maintaining CS.

i will still hunt for scrapped bazookas on lvl 9 to get expandable HG magazines. i'll have to sacrifice 4-5 CS for the handguns but that's ok. i can get 5 extra ammo for the machine gun (now at 20) but will have to sacrifice 30 CS... so maybe i shouldn't do that...

EDIT

well, equipping extra magazine cases isn't going to happen. i got a little over excited and failed to notice that the connector was different. on the bright side i have now 7 scrapped bazookas yay :-)

Edited by Heruva