Am I the only one who hates this game?

predxeno

I'm just amazed at how many good reviews this game got. Don't get me wrong, if you liked the game then lucky you (I know what it's like to love something that everybody around you hates), but I just couldn't believe how many good reviews this game got in comparison to other good games that got mixed to negative ones.

My biggest complaint is the return of the medpack system, I mean really? Medpacks are so last decade, now self-healing players are the new deal (but unlike games like Halo where they balance the two out, this relies solely on medpacks in order to regenerate health).

The gameplay also seems kinda childish to me; the in-game scenes (especially the ones with the zoom-in effects) introducing new enemy types and showing new objectives just seemed like the kind of stuff I'd imagine old-style games to have. In my opinion, the newer and better games do their best to make the player forget that they're playing a video game and instead create a world that immerses the player in it. I can't help thinking that this game has so much in common with Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 in this respect. Also in this respect, why are there so many enemies? I often find myself with not enough bullets to kill everyone.

Also, is it just me or is Joe Capelli a horrible protagonist in this game? In R2, he was this great fighter that I grudgingly respected as he often went into conflict with Nathan Hale, but now he's started a family? The entire tone of the series seems to have changed because of this and honestly, I felt more comfortable playing a character who was part human, part chimera than a family man whose motivation to save the world is because his family is a part of it.

The one good thing about this game are the graphics, which I admit do look superb.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the reason why the game got those good reviews is because its old school and people liked that.

med packs and weapon wheel are awesome.

how many TPS this gen has those? none.

and to be honest a lot of people are tired of the COD BS. Resistance 3 is refreshing, goes back to the basics.

you made a mistake? well, too bad you face the concequences, no regenerating health.

you want to be rambo? too bad, because ammo is limited.

I beat the game 3 times, I really enjoyed the different kinds of weapons.

The health pack system is fine to me, some are set in specific places, and some drop from enemies.

I wish there was less check points. Too many check points made the superhuman difficulty very easy.

Also, the trophies are awesome. Not many "story related" trophies, you had to do different things for each trophy, and selecting check points made it easy.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished the campaign and am done with it - I got a lot of the trophies and started to look at getting some more, but I just can't be bothered anymore.

Not a bad game but not great either. I enjoyed the first 2 a lot more.

The medpack system was a bit annoying, even on casual it doesn't take much for your health to get depleted real quick. I was running out of ammo a lot too.

Gameplay was OK - too many weapons for my liking (and holy crap, I gave up trying to upgrade the shotgun, just takes forever). Glitchy/finicky trophies that take too long (Roops, got to hell please).

Storyline was decent, not the worst I've seen - I definitely enjoyed Hale's character much more than Capelli.

If they make a Resistance 4 I doubt I would be too excited about it - this one disappointed me.

You do realize they went back to the medpack system because people were bitching about the regenerating health in R2 making the game too much like COD. This game IS supposed to feel more like an old-school shooter. Not COD. Your complaints seem very nit picky to be honest.

Resistance 2 broke what everyone loved about Resistance FOM, Resistance 3 literally went back to the R:FOM formula (minus the multiplayer), and yet people still bitch about it lol. Resistance 3 was much better than Resistance 2, that game just dragged on for me, while R3 was an actual enjoyable experience.

You do realize they went back to the medpack system because people were bitching about the regenerating health in R2 making the game too much like COD. This game IS supposed to feel more like an old-school shooter. Not COD. Your complaints seem very nit picky to be honest.

Resistance 2 broke what everyone loved about Resistance FOM, Resistance 3 literally went back to the R:FOM formula (minus the multiplayer), and yet people still bitch about it lol. Resistance 3 was much better than Resistance 2, that game just dragged on for me, while R3 was an actual enjoyable experience.

I have to agree that the Resistance 2 campaign did drag on too long.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got about a dozen friends that I played R2 with and we all picked up R3 when it came out. I never see any of my friends playing R3 but half of them still play R2...and R2 will be 4 years old next month.

Edit...I guess that I should add that I found the SP pretty good but IMO the MP was a crapfest.

Edited by sum1_worsethan_u

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished playing this last week and kinda have mixed thoughts aswell.

I loved the single player and i like the med pack system and the weapons wheel. I didnt mind the story aswell. I prefer the whole Nathan Hale protagonist rather than Capelli but i can live with that. Graphics were amazing also. But if your gonna name a difficult 'superhuman', at least make it difficult

I found the multiplayer ehh though. I know it's fairly old but havnt found any deathmatchs or war games yet :( Some of the team based games back in R:FoM were so good and It sucks not being able to see how they went in this game.

And the ribbons. How is a 30 kill streak a ribbon thing instead of a medal :banana:

• 2 weeks later...

I loved R1 for being one of the few shooters set in England (aside from the token London level strewn here and there), and the second was simply superb and went large-scale.

I was a little disappointed with the story and how it didn't follow up on the second one's ending at all. It was like it was a completely different story, no reflection from Capelli on Hale or whatever.

Never played multiplayer as it's not my thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Resistance 1 had regenerative health in increments, they should have had it for R3 as well instead of turning it into an unlockable cheat.

The R3 co-op was stupid though, like it was meant to be Joe on his own and then this random guy magically spawns next to him...

That's how it should be IMO ("Joe on his own"). E.g. RE5 was designed for a co-op play, so you're pretty much out of luck if you don't have a proper co-op partner (AI is very mediocre). RE5 shines in co-op, though and the game comes to life.

Resistance 3 is a single player game (well, there's also MP obviously). You can still play single player campaign in co-op, though, but it's mainly an option. And co-op on superhuman (R3) was actually fun.

People constantly repeat "please add co-op, please add co-op", but at the same time they want "great single player campaign" (at least I do). In the real world developers basically have to choose between the unique co-op experience, or unique single player experience. You want both? Well, it means developers have to compromise.

MW2/3 got it right IMO: Good single player campaign + great co-op missions (+MP, etc). Many others lost something when they added co-op (Fear 3, perhaps Dead Space 3...). Does every game have to have co-op? C'mon.

what a silly thread. people will complain about even the greatest games. let me guess, you hated MGS4 too because Snake's ass was in your face all the time.

I never tried that game, and imho I don't see what's so great about R3. From my perspective, the Resistance series started out great but each consecutive game just made it worse (I haven't tried the Vita game so I'm withholding judgment on that game).

I never tried that game, and imho I don't see what's so great about R3. From my perspective, the Resistance series started out great but each consecutive game just made it worse (I haven't tried the Vita game so I'm withholding judgment on that game).

Don't try it would be my advice :p

• 2 weeks later...

This was one of the biggest let downs I have ever had to endure in my gaming life! Resi 2 was brilliant, reasonable single player storyline but Resi 2 online was sooooo great. The 62 player servers were a joy once you got used to them (total chaos for the little people, but a killers dream for those that could see the bigger picture!). But the very best aspect for me on R2 was the 8 player coop missions, on super human were great when you had a group of half decent players.

So why for the love of god did they remove the two best features of the game!?!?! The only saving graces for R3 is that the graphics are might fine and I really enjoyed playing through the whole campaign with my brother. Other than that it is total garbage.....