Brutal solution?

TOOSWEET919

Heres an interesting thought about the brutal trophy with cheats, what if you beat superhuman w/ the cheats, than reload the last chapter or anyone maybe and beat it with the cheats off, could the game possibly read it as you beating all the chapters with the cheats off? Because you will have beaten all the levels and have the skull logo to prove it, i havent tested this out but wanted too know what everyone thinks about it, and if it may be possible?

If this has been posted or brought up already i do apologise.

I don't think the cheats would be all that helpful anyways. There seemed to be plenty of ammo and health packs for me to get through . Besides a couple of checkpoints i didn't have too much trouble beating it, and i am no shooter pro by any means.

I guess you could spam wildfire with the infinite ammo on, but that would get boring pretty quick i think.

Watch Seraphim17's superhuman walkthrough videos posted in here. They helped me a lot. I got the Brutal trophy within a day. You can actually skip some of the hardest parts in the game by running straight to the nearest checkpoints and ignoring the enemies.

Here are some portions I skipped:

- Grims @ Destroyed City(After activating catwalk get out of the control room asap get to the concrete "bridge" passage. You are now safe.)

- Longlegs and Drones (Rooftops where you need to lower a bridge to get to the other building) I shot the target (sign) from afar, killed two longlegs and some drones, then immediately ran to get to get to the bridge for the checkpoint.

- Grims @ Mt. Pleasant to meet Jonathan Rose (Just make sure you know where to go)

- Grims and Ravagers @ NY Subway

- Chimeran Troops ( Long Legs) @ Plane Wreck NY

- Grims @ Pit

- Wardens and Chimeran Troops @ MotorPool

- Stalkers @ end of Ch. 18 (see seraphim's video)

- Ravagers before brawler (Final Chapter), To avoid dealing with them, destroy the power cells asap for the final checkpoint (See seraphim's video)

Lol. It may be shameful, but it's up to you.:D

Tips for other unavoidable portions:

- 1st Widowmaker fight, preserve auger then after crossing the wooden bridge to your left, there should be a corner/cove there where it can't hit you.

- 2nd Widowmaker (see seraphim's video)

- Cafeteria fight with wardens, You can almost wipe a bunch of them using the mutator secondary

- Brawler (final chapter), use the atomizer secondary. Believe me, killing the brawler will be a piece of cake.

General Tip: The auger, EMP grenade & secondaries from the mutator, atomizer and deadeye will make your life easier. Preserve them for tougher battles.:)

Edited by bobb

Why must so many players prefer to cheat their way through? :think:

I mean seriously, the games great, its not that hard, it should warrant you a second playthrough.

The game was great though a bit short for me but superhuman was fun. Resistance 2 was harder I think on superhuman but it was epic OMGWTFBBQ :fire: greatest trophy name ever.:bananadance:

There really isnt any reason to cheat your way through. First of all you can co-op if your having trouble secondly its really not that hard and thirdly dont fight when you dont have to

To be fair, this is a website about Trophies and finding easier ways to get them and the OP has come up with a possible way to get one with significant ease. And what ever happened to cheats being fun? What's with all this looking down on them?

To be fair, this is a website about Trophies and finding easier ways to get them...

Sure, but this usually means that people will play the game and share guides, tips and tricks after that. They're not using some silly "I-have-all-the-guns-OMG"-cheats or something.

Then again, cheats usually disable ALL trophies (as they should, IMO), so I have no idea why Insomniac allowed to get most of the trophies with cheats. It shows that when these cheats are available (and not disabling trophies), many people start thinking that they HAVE to use them. Does not compute.

Sure, but this usually means that people will play the game and share guides, tips and tricks after that. They're not using some silly "I-have-all-the-guns-OMG"-cheats or something.

Then again, cheats usually disable ALL trophies (as they should, IMO), so I have no idea why Insomniac allowed to get most of the trophies with cheats. It shows that when these cheats are available (and not disabling trophies), many people start thinking that they HAVE to use them. Does not compute.

Yeah, but it's like you say, if it's there then people will probably use it. And if cheats help people get Trophies then why not? I do agree though that cheats should disable Trophies but I'm not really bothered. Personally I wish more games had cheats, but stuff more like GTA:San Andreas cheats (change weather, spawn stuff for fun, riot mode, gravity turned off), TimeSplitters (paintball mode and big heads, etc) and just general silly stuff. I'm glad R3 had the 'Bloody Hell!' cheat as it's rather satisfying!

And if cheats help people get Trophies then why not?

Perhaps this boils down to the question(s) of what these trophies actually mean to people?

Do people just want "easy trophies"? Do they just want as many trophies as possible -as fast as possible? Do they enjoy getting trophies more than the actual game? Do they play Hannah Montana over Super Mario Galaxy? Perhaps they can't even play the games that doesn't have "trophies" anymore...

To me trophies are always a PLUS. But the actual GAME has to come first. That's why I also play Super Mario Galaxy. And that's why I never use cheats. I read guides, tips and tricks - but I never use cheats. It's just my code of gaming honor. ;)

Perhaps this boils down to the question(s) of what these trophies actually mean to people?

It's a good question and I'm sure we could delve into the Freudian avenue of possibilities but I guess, to each his own really!

I personally prefer games (way back when) that had unlockable extras within them and I'm glad to see R3 bringing back that trend. I'd love to see more games follow suit, but I'm afraid Trophies/Achievements/DLC have sort of replaced them but I digress!

Edited by JoBot 8000