Superhuman Brawler Fight in St. Louis, MO

xMeRk

Ok so I'm playing through superhuman difficulty atm and I've got to the part in St. Louis, MO where a Brawler jumps down to smash your skull in. I didn't have any problems defeating the first Brawler encounter, but with this one there is basically no cover and a swarm of hybrids upstairs blasting at you.

Has anyone got any tips for this? Every time I defeat the Brawler, the hybrids mow me down instantly, and when I decide to take out the hybrids first, the Brawler knocks me across the room and more and more hybrids come. Charlie's crew are basically useless as far as I can see -_-

Any help would be appreciated :)

best advice.

a 2nd controller to play with a bro or brother.

me and my bro both play co-op offline and yeah we died a few times fighting them.

when it load, you should run to your right and find that small path way in the middle and camp there and just wait for the hybrids to come over and you just swing the R1 which kills more than the R2 cause R1 swing wider.

Quickly run upstairs and try to avoid the brawler. Take out the auger to protect yourself from their bullets, or use the Marksman secondary ability. You can run towards the offices on the left and right, but be careful, the brawler can smash through the walls.

You can also run straight to the Chimera on top and once killed, stay there. Shoow the brawler (tag and shoot with the bullseye) and keep moving. If you keep moving in a circle, the brawler will keep following you and probably won't get close.

Quickly run upstairs and try to avoid the brawler. Take out the auger to protect yourself from their bullets, or use the Marksman secondary ability. You can run towards the offices on the left and right, but be careful, the brawler can smash through the walls.

You can also run straight to the Chimera on top and once killed, stay there. Shoow the brawler (tag and shoot with the bullseye) and keep moving. If you keep moving in a circle, the brawler will keep following you and probably won't get close.

Yeah this is a good plan. Definitely head straight upstairs. All of the offices, i think there are four, have health vials in them. Use the Magnum too, the explosive rounds take the armor off quickly.

Once the Brawler is dead brace yourself with the Auger, because all of the remaining Chimera will bull rush you.

I sympathise - this was one of my sticking points too.

In the end I unloaded all of my (non-EMP) grenades and fired the turrets from the Marksman up on to the balcony where the hybrids arrive. I then switched to the Bullseye for actually taking down the brawler. I think one of the key things is to keep moving, be it up and down the stairs, through the rooms, or just in a circle on the ground floor. Basically, do not get into a fist fight with the brawler - you'll lose ;)

ive just been stuck on this bit for a while then sort of found a glitch\cheaty way of doin it reallly quick and easy, which maybe will be hard explain, but ill have a go. as you look at the room and the brawler is in his starting postion at the top of the two staircases, next to the two staircases is a big white column\post either side, as soon as you start run to the left or the right side of the room near the front so if you look up a bit and towards the brawler the post is between you and him in his starting postion. just edge to the side so u can see him to shoot and just fire away. he either stays at the top of the stairs running towards the post or ventures a little bit down them but never actualy gets close to you. good thing about down here almost in the corner is the other little guys cant really shoot you either, i just never let go of shooting him with the bullseye, didnt even throw a grenade, and killed him. but then as soon as hes dead throw a couple of grenades out to get all the other guys that rush you. honestly couldnt believe how easy it was compared to the 15-20 other goes that i failed on running up to the rooms at the top and throwing all my grenades at him. hope this helps someone out

Easier solution to this part is obviously co-op. We did this part last night with my friend and if you run to the "different directions" the other can "distract" the brawler (and deal damage at the same time) while the other one can shoot from the rear, from the side or whatever. I also had lv.3 weapons, since this was my 2nd playthrough.

It's probably best to run quickly upstairs when the brawler arrives, since there are more space and also health in the different rooms. It's also best to kill those hybrid quickly, since they can deal some damage if you ignore them (you can also chuck grenades to the balcony as soon as the fight starts). The other can first focus on the brawler (shoot & run) while the other kill the hybrids.

But yes, this is probably (much?) harder in solo, since every enemy is focused just on you... Co-op helps and it's actually quite fun - even in superhuman (and not very difficult based on the first 10 chapters we did last night - the ending might be a different thing).

This is a VERY easy strategy.

I did this on co-op.

What I did was immediately ran up the stairs to the left right past the brawler. At the top of the stairs turn to the right (do not run to the right, just look) and you will have ALL the chimera in a line and most of them will be caught off guard. Just fire in a straight line right down the balcony and take them all out. Then quickly run away, preferably to the opposite stair case the brawler is at to set the next strategy up.

Once the Chimera are dead the easiest way to do this is to use the top balcony and the two sets of stairs, to set you and the brawler apart. Run to the opposite side and fire at him from atop one of the stair cases across to the other stair case. Usually he will be at the opposite stair case and you can lay into him. He will get mad and run at you (usually he will run on the lower level between the stair cases. Simply run along the top of the balcony where the chimera were and go to the next stair case and blast him... when he runs at you just repeat and do the same. Your pretty running in a half circle back and forth, with the brawler running between the stair cases at you. Very easy this way. Sometimes he will break the pattern and all you have to do is run away and get him into place again. While you are running away run through the rooms in the upper back to get ammo and health.

You will occasionally get straggler chimera coming in... Just take them out as you go but once you get the upper hand in the fight runner back and forth the stragglers will be easy to pick off as long as you keep looking. The co-op partner could also keep his distance from the brawler and pic any stragglers off that come through while you focus on locking the brawler into the very predictable pattern.

Sometimes he stands still, when this happen spam him with grenades.

I had a lot of trouble with this until I discovered this. Its very easy to not even get hit on super human. If you get hit it will be by the chimera in the beginning and maybe a straggler if the co-op partner does take care of him. You can also find good cover by running in the upper back room where the ammo and health is but its harder than the above strategy.