XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 09-09-2011, 01:18 AM   #11
T_l_M_B_0

Send a message via MSN to T_l_M_B_0

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Gold Submission   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Member of the Month Winner   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Bronze   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

From the Hip
Kill 50 enemies with the Bullseye or Marksman while moving, without using zoom

This will most likely come by just playing the game naturally, and probably be one of the first trophies you get. It is self-explanatory, all that needs to be done is use the Bullseye or the Marksman, to get 50 moving, hipfire kills. That means no pressing for increased accuracy. This can be any type of enemies, not just Hybrids, meaning your prime targets will be Grims and Leapers, because they have the least health. Simply get 50 kills from the hip and this trophy is yours.

If you, for some reason, don't get 50 moving hipfire kills before the end of the game, you can continue the progress on another playthrough, or through chapter select. Like all other combat trophies, it can also be farmed at a checkpoint, but it won't be needed. You can monitor your progress through the Rewards section of the Extras menu.

Chamber Full of Death
Kill 5+ Hybrids at once by using the HE .44 Magnum secondary fire

The HE .44 Magnum is available to you right from the start. Its primary fire shoots explosive rounds in to enemies, or the environment, which can then be detonated by pressing . Simply kill 5 Hybrids with one detonation (the detonation can be of multiple rounds, its doesn't just need to be a single shot), and the trophy will unlock. Keep in mind that the trophy specifies that it must by Hybrids. Grims, Leapers, or any other form of Chimera will not count.

Getting this trophy properly set up, finding 5 Hybrids close enough to each other, can be a bit difficult, as Hybrids like to move around. The best place I have found to get this trophy is through the checkpoint St. Louis, MO: Sewers. After entering the post office, a Brawler will arrive, as well as a large amount of hybrids on the second floor. Kill the Brawler, but be sure not to kill any of the hybrids that a shooting at you. The longer you stall the Brawler before killing it, the more Hybrids will show up. Once the brawlers is dead, all of the Chimera from the second floor will rush down the stairs towards you. There will be about 10 of them all running straight for you. This is the perfect place to kill 5 of them with one blast. Shoot a few magnum rounds into the floor or the group, then once you have 5 or 6 rounds lodged in to the area surrounding the Hybrids, press to detonate them. This will almost always kill 5 or more. If not, allow them to kill you and try again. It is best to do this on easy, so the Hyrbids don't kill you while you take out the Brawler, and so that the Hybrids go down easier.

Another good place to do this is at the checkpoint: New York, NY: Times Square. I'd recommend doing this on Casual difficulty. Here will be a large battle between several Hybrids and a Widowmaker. In the northwest corner of this are, all of the Hybrids will amass in one group and will all be shooting the Widowmaker. Follow the left wall and sneak up behind them. Wait a moment until there are 6 or 7 Hybrids in the group. They will be occupied with killing the Widowmaker, so you can carefully place your 6 explosive rounds before detonating them. Preferably, one round in each Hybrid. Once you have your full clip shot into, or near, the Hyrbids, press to detonate the rounds, killing all of the Hybrids. Note: Do not try doing this while going for "In This Together", as killing these Hybrids will negate that trophy.

Another good place to get this trophy is right at the end of the game. You will reach a point where you will be dangling from a rope and you will have the Magnum with infinite ammo. Simply shoot 6 bullets in to the crowds of Hybrids, then use to detonate.

If you are still finding this trophy troublesome, try coming back to these areas later after your Magnum is fully upgraded, because it will do more damage.

Helping Hands
Revive a Co-op partner 20 times

*NOTE* Multiplayer servers for this game are officially offline, so it must be done in splitcreen co-op.

This must be done in offline co-op, and does not need to be done in one session. The revives will carry over across any co-op playing that you do. While playing co-op, when your partner loses all of his/her health, they will go down to the ground and will have a "bleed out" counter above their heads. This counter starts and 30 seconds and counts down to 0. If your partners body is getting hurt while downed, the counter will go faster. If the counter reaches 0, your partner dies and you both go back to the last checkpoint. For this trophy, what you need to do is wait until your partner is downed, run over to them and hold :Square: to revive them before the counter reaches 0. If your revive is successful, your partner will get back up with 50% health and one revive will be counted towards this trophy.

The fastest and easiest way to unlock this trophy is in offline co-op. Grab a second controller, if one is available to you, log in your second player and load up the checkpoint: Haven, OK: Main Street Defense, on Superhuman. Once the level begins and the door opens, your team will leave the room you are in and begin to fight the Chimera. Now you should place your partner directly in the doorway, while you stay inside the safe room, just to the side of your partner.

If you are playing on Superhuman, within seconds, your partner will die. Now simply look at your partner, and hold to revive him. He will get up and have 50% health, then within seconds, he will die again, allowing you to revive him once more. Simply repeat this process until 20 revives has been reached. If playing online, then switch roles and let your partner revive you. After this has been done, the trophy will unlock.

Your progress towards this trophy can be tracked through the Extras menu, under the Rewards section.

Audio Journal Breakdown:

Haven, OK: 7 Journals

5 Text Journals
  • Bite Protocol
  • Postcard from Bogota
  • Note to John Harper
  • Ice Blocks
  • Feral vs. Military
1 Audio Journal
  • Leaper Bite
1 Malikov Journal
  • Change in Strategy
St. Louis, MO: 12 Journals

5 Text Journals
  • VTOL Manual
  • Hale Vaccine
  • Gotta Get Out
  • Safety Violation
  • Letter to Santa
4 Audio Journals
  • Staying Warm
  • Quarantine
  • Girl's Best Friend
  • It's Just Me Now
3 Malikov Journals
  • A Tragic Paradox
  • Tunguska
  • Mass Exodus
Mt. Pleasant, PA: 8 Journals

3 Text Journals
  • Journey to Hanover
  • Satan
  • God's Will
2 Audio Journals
  • Just a Little Nap
  • Who's Boss
3 Malikov Journals
  • Cooling Towers
  • Pure Chimera
  • Desperation
Graterford, PA: 8 Journals

7 Text Journals
  • Letter to Mom #1
  • Letter to Mom #2
  • Letter to Mom #3
  • Letter to Mom #4
  • Letter to Mom #5
  • Letter to Mom #6
  • Letter to Mom #7
1 Malikov Journal
  • Can You Hear Them?
New York, NY: 7 Journals

1 Text Journal
  • Particle Smashing
4 Audio Journals
  • Six Bullets
  • Bad Idea
  • Bloodbath
  • Fall Back
2 Malikov Journals
  • They Are Coming
  • Gray Tech

Kingdom Hearts III announced... my life is officially complete.

Last edited by T_l_M_B_0; 04-09-2014 at 08:43 AM. Reason: editorial sweep
T_l_M_B_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:19 AM   #12
Dangles

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   2,500 Posts   Platinum Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bright Idea!   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

Great Guide So Far.
Good Luck With The Guide

Last edited by Dangles; 09-09-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:50 AM   #13
PassiveGear

Happy to see this up. thanks for doing this
Old 09-09-2011, 01:59 AM   #14
T_l_M_B_0

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Gold Submission   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Member of the Month Winner   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Bronze   I Beat the Staff!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles View Post
Great Guide So Far.
Good Luck With The Guide
Thanks Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassiveGear View Post
Happy to see this up. thanks for doing this
No problem, Andrew and I are glad to help!

A huge thanks to sunnygrg as well, for providing videos! Props dude!

Old 09-09-2011, 02:04 AM   #15
dz06lt

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

looking good so far timbo

7 PS4 Now Playing Watch Dogs; 101 PS3 Now Playing Metal Gear Revengence; 90 Xbox360 Now Playing Lost Planet 3.

dz06lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:10 AM   #16
TheNukes

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   2,500 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Silver   Bronze Submission   Helping Hand   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Rockets Must Have Died
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Can you chapter select Superhuman after you beat the game instead of starting fresh? Nice guide as always by the way Timbs, sunny comes through with the videos too good work.

Last edited by TheNukes; 09-09-2011 at 02:11 AM.
TheNukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:15 AM   #17
T_l_M_B_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNukes View Post
Can you chapter select Superhuman after you beat the game instead of starting fresh? Nice guide as always by the way Timbs, sunny comes through with the videos too good work.
We aren't positive on Co-op for superhuman, or whether chapter select works yet. I'm pretty sure Chapter Select will work as long as you do every chapter, not just the last one. I'll get back to you with solid info once Andrew and I test some things.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:55 AM   #18
Scarene

Will using cheats to beat the game on difficult unlock superhuman? thanks
Old 09-09-2011, 03:00 AM   #19
tima022790

If you need videos for these trophies, feel free to use these:

No Escape:

Zookeeper:

Calm Under Pressure:
Old 09-09-2011, 03:17 AM   #20
T_l_M_B_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarene View Post
Will using cheats to beat the game on difficult unlock superhuman? thanks
According to the in-game cheat screen, it only locks out the Brutal trophy, so it should be ok for unlocking Superhuman. I havent tested it though, so don't quote me on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tima022790 View Post
If you need videos for these trophies, feel free to use these:

No Escape: Resistance 3 No Escape Trophy - YouTube

Zookeeper: Resistance 3 Zookeeper Trophy - YouTube

Calm Under Pressure: Resistance 3 Calm Under Pressure Trophy - YouTube
Thanks a ton, I will add them in

Tags
platinum, resistance 3, roadmap, trophy guide