Game is being platinumed already

M-Easy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those are the hardcore trophiehunters, not enjoying the game (most of them) and plat it.. then they move on to the next game..

i dont care, i dont have enough time to plat a game 1 day after buying, even if i had, i should do it slow, i always want to enjoy the game, and not go directly for the platinum

honestly it pisses me off as well but not because they got it early but rather because its not fair for the rest of us

By that logic, Europe is screwed over by getting it one day later, not to mention UK that get it on Fridays. The likelihood of anyone in this thread getting the Plat first if everyone got it at the same time is extremely slim. Is that the concern?

By that logic, Europe is screwed over by getting it one day later, not to mention UK that get it on Fridays. The likelihood of anyone in this thread getting the Plat first if everyone got it at the same time is extremely slim. Is that the concern?

Exactly, in the UK we get screwed every single time a game is released. You are gonna get to play it right on time, what's the big deal?

This isn't news, the game has been out there for over a week. I kind of miss the idea of getting games early as independent game stops in certain countries really don't care about release dates. Its all about making $$$ before the big wigs do.

Pesico is here, maybe he remembers the time Hakoom got the Uncharted 2 (P) before it was released in North America and telling us how great it was :)

EU gets screwed just like the UK, 3 days after the US :(

The likelihood of anyone in this thread getting the Plat first if everyone got it at the same time is extremely slim. Is that the concern?

Believe it or not some people just really look forward to new video games and the enjoyment that comes with them. In this particular case i dont mind so much as i havent been too impressed by the early news with resistance 3.

But if it happened with something like fifa 12 which i'm really excited for, and i heard about people getting it a week earlier than they should i would be annoyed. Obviously i have no problem with different release dates, it's more people jumping ahead of the release date which is annoying.

As a sidenote i pity anyone that platinums games like this in one day. The people that do that have completely lost what it is to be a gamer or to enjoy video games. Not playing for the immersion, or the story, or the fun and excitment... it's pretty sad to hear.

As a sidenote i pity anyone that platinums games like this in one day. The people that do that have completely lost what it is to be a gamer or to enjoy video games. Not playing for the immersion, or the story, or the fun and excitment... it's pretty sad to hear.

Considering all the trophies are in Single Player with a select few for Co-Op, I seriously doubt they "aren't playing for the story". My guess is that they played it once through and did clean-up afterwards. Maybe a second playthrough if needed. With the game being what I'm guessing is 10 hours and the summer just coming to an end, your comment hints at jealousy more then anything else. If someone goes out intentionally to get Resistance 3 early, I don't think it's because "OMG GOTTA GET PLATINUMZ ALL DAT MATTA".

At the OP: Stop complaining. Are you going to get mad at the reviewers who get pretty much every game early? You're still getting it the day it comes out. You aren't missing out on anything. The game will still be there for you and just as good whether someone else already beat it or not. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was probably my GOTY for 2010, but I didn't end up getting it until Christmas because I had no money. I didn't get mad at all the people who had played and beat it a month before me because that was "unfair".

Edited by Cornagandarub

so smart guy, you bitch at these people and yet you hold crysis 2 plat how is that since the game wasnt released until 3/22 and you dont have any trophies before that day....

Well that would be because the trophy is for playing online 6 months from the month you 1st played online, not 6 months from the day. So I and anyone smart enough to play the game in September has the plat (unless it glitched on them)

Well that would be because the trophy is for playing online 6 months from the month you 1st played online, not 6 months from the day. So I and anyone smart enough to play the game in September has the plat (unless it glitched on them)

I played the game on 9/1 at 12:30am so no thats not how it works obviously.... In fact i just finished 2 games and no trophy.....

With the game being what I'm guessing is 10 hours and the summer just coming to an end, your comment hints at jealousy more then anything else. If someone goes out intentionally to get Resistance 3 early, I don't think it's because "OMG GOTTA GET PLATINUMZ ALL DAT MATTA".

What? Why would i be jealous? i've already said in this thread and others that i'm not getting this game on the first day. When people have 110 plats+ and plat a game like this in a day and then never play it again i'm not jealous of them, i feel sorry for the fact that they arent appreciating the games for what they are anymore. I dont give a crap who gets a plat or when, so you're barking up the wrong tree there. I just think there is a 'release day' for a reason.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was probably my GOTY for 2010, but I didn't end up getting it until Christmas because I had no money. I didn't get mad at all the people who had played and beat it a month before me because that was "unfair".

Thats completely the opposite though. Theres a massive difference between someone getting the game before it's released and then everyone but you getting the game when it's released.

It's a similar thing to me as christmas presents. I never got the point when people would look at their presents early or open them and play with them early. Wait until christmas day like everyone else. I'm not going to lose sleep over anyone having the game early, i just think it defeats the object of a release day, i like the idea of everyone getting it on the same day, waiting for the parcel to arrive or running down the shops. It just doesnt feel right when there is a bunch of people who have already finished the game... :think:

BTW, i'm not trying to back up or defend anyone else's viewpoint. I'm just speaking from my own personal opinion. I know alot of guys will be more pissed about early plats etc. but thats not necessarily why i'm posting.

Edited by Loftus

I played the game on 9/1 at 12:30am so no thats not how it works obviously.... In fact i just finished 2 games and no trophy.....

You're obviously not the sharpest knife the drawer :o_O:. See this thread http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/crysis-2/122808-everyone-get-your-platinums.html