Boosting Rant - Resistance 2

HaoleDave

This game is the worst to boost... So many selfish people out there not spawning their p2s or not shooting immediately after spawning (focusing solely on when to get their kill).

So many kill stealers hogging all of the p2s, ruining the session.

So many trolls purposefully playing boosting sessions for easy slaughters.

And so many horrible boosters that move around ALL the time so spawn points are not steady. (Instead of getting 70 kills on a 2v2 Aftermath, you get only 18...)

So many people apologizing for going on a rampage because an idiot killed that person. So instead of quitting like an adult, they just go ahead and kill the other good boosters.

I've never had so much stress trying to get a trophy...

At least there are the occasional awesome boosters and I can get around 70-80 kills... Thanks to those guys.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely feel your pain, and as you know I'm in the same situation. As mentioned above, you kind of need to establish a good and bad shortlist for names. I also quit out of the large matches right away.

Someone here described it best as being like poker. Don't expect to win on every hand. I wish I could credit the poster, but I've forgotten exactly where I ran across it. Know when to fold!

I've enjoyed playing with you when we've gotten into the same lobby. Unfortunately, that's been rare!

I'd try not to use multiple boosters for killing machine if you can. It's much better to just find one reliable booster you can trust, who is typically online when you're online and is around your level of kills. You wont get as many sessions as you would using multiple boosters but the sessions you do have will all be consistent 70+ kill matches (potentially high 80s on Aftermath). It's much less of a headache doing it that way.

Is it hard to find empty DLC matches now or something? Do multiple boosters get put into the same lobby regularly?

Yep, that is all true. That is why I just keep backing out until I get 1 v 1 or 2 v 2. Big lobbies are a waste of fucking time. Every now and then I get great 1 v 1s with you Dave, or Nando, or SlasherJC or a few other really good boosters and we always get 85 or more kills per game. Luckily after a few more good days of this I won't need to do this anymore and hopefully I'll get some glitch kills to help speed that up.

I'd try not to use multiple boosters for killing machine if you can. It's much better to just find one reliable booster you can trust, who is typically online when you're online and is around your level of kills. You wont get as many sessions as you would using multiple boosters but the sessions you do have will all be consistent 70+ kill matches (potentially high 80s on Aftermath). It's much less of a headache doing it that way.

Is it hard to find empty DLC matches now or something? Do multiple boosters get put into the same lobby regularly?

Not possible to do Chrisheadshot, the server is packed with people like flies. All trying to get killing machine or their last hoorah before the server closes. And this is all hours of the day, so having a dedicated partner means squat.

Edited by Labartu
double post

Not possible to do Chrisheadshot, the server is packed with people like flies. All trying to get killing machine or their last hoorah before the server closes. And this is all hours of the day, so having a dedicated partner means squat.

That sucks:(, I must have picked the perfect time to do it as the servers were dead. I ran into maybe 6 other boosters in my whole run to 10,000.

What's the maximum lobby size again, 8? Is it possible to get 4 reliable people and their P2s into the same lobby or is there practically no hope of finding empty lobbies anymore?

That sucks:(, I must have picked the perfect time to do it as the servers were dead. I ran into maybe 6 other boosters in my whole run to 10,000.

What's the maximum lobby size again, 8? Is it possible to get 4 reliable people and their P2s into the same lobby or is there practically no hope of finding empty lobbies anymore?

Two squads of five so the max is ten, at least for TDM it is. If you play the other modes they are definitely mostly dead except for regular DM, which sometimes has a few people.

I'll vouch for NonKosherSalt, Chairgamer, electrifryer. Also throw in CPL_Thorn, TheCaO, and KOLQNO. I've had wonderful boosting sessions will all of you and would love to have more in the days to come. Even with R2 servers randomly disconnecting players and respawning us to the ends of the earth.

Edited by Labartu
naming and shaming

Ugh, I can relate to your frustration when that happens. Nowadays if I was boosting with somebody, I just pray that nobody enters the same lobby as us, or else some troll who has like 60'000 kills loves to sabotage others chances on earning the KM trophy :(.

Although having only 1 other booster is recommended because of how quick and easy it is, the amount of luck in getting into a match together without others joining in is very aggravating.

When I didn't think about using my 2nd console I found myself in lobbies 1vs1 and I mailed him for KM boost 9/10 I managed to have a couple of good boosting sessions.

Considering how frantic the server population is now before they close (And of course, the troll players having a blast at ruining boosting sessions), this has been more reliable for me than the headshot boosting method, mainly because in deathmatch, I also sometimes run into 1 other player and thankfully, 80% of the times I message them, they agree to boost by throwing bombs at each other, leading to 25 kills per 10 minute game.

Not to mention, the glitch that occurs occasionally when the servers think you've done 100-300 kills when you really did 35, have been a massive help :).

Edited by DuplexGemini

Yeah... sometimes i get 10v10 matches :pout: and have to quit.... lots of people boosting. I've been boosting with Nando for most, though.

Yep, that is all true. That is why I just keep backing out until I get 1 v 1 or 2 v 2. Big lobbies are a waste of fucking time. Every now and then I get great 1 v 1s with you Dave, or Nando, or SlasherJC or a few other really good boosters and we always get 85 or more kills per game. Luckily after a few more good days of this I won't need to do this anymore and hopefully I'll get some glitch kills to help speed that up.

Very true. You guys give me like a recharge in perserverance. Big lobbies that are more than 6v6 are useless, but I can get a good amount in, usually around 35. But that's only when I only get put in big matches. Sometimes a bunch leave and I can get in a 2v2 or 4v4 :D

True... rarely do I get in 2v2 with partner...

Maximum is around 10-20 depending on map.

Two squads of five so the max is ten, at least for TDM it is. If you play the other modes they are definitely mostly dead except for regular DM, which sometimes has a few people.

Sometimes, I get 20 in a TDM.

:cool:list of cool dudes:cool:

NonKosherSalt, Chairgamer,,electrifryer, omegamustard, pasbrow, jorgesleep

I've had civil and productive 60-70+ sessions with all these guys. Consistently as well. There are cool people on too!

Agree! MutableNando and CPL_THORN (NY_Madness) as well, and you as well, TheCaO

Considering how frantic the server population is now before they close (And of course, the troll players having a blast at ruining boosting sessions), this has been more reliable for me than the headshot boosting method, mainly because in deathmatch, I also sometimes run into 1 other player and thankfully, 80% of the times I message them, they agree to boost by throwing bombs at each other, leading to 25 kills per 10 minute game.

Not to mention, the glitch that occurs occasionally when the servers think you've done 100-300 kills when you really did 35, have been a massive help :).

I rarely would ever get that low in a TDM. It's usually 35/40-85

After hearing basically horror stories of boosting for this I'm glad I was able to get it legit 3 years ago. :/ I would guess that since the servers are shutting down that they're going to start becoming more populated again due to people wanting to get in before they shut down.

From my perspective, the rooms are still pretty empty. 60% of the time you get into an unbalanced match with boosters who quit instantly leaving 1 v 5 which is crappy whichever side you are on. TBH I haven't started Fareye boosting yet so I haven't yet experienced the frustration. I would stick with 1 or 2 reliable partners in your timezone and only play them on DLC maps.

I have also seen people (not from here) trying to boost in a full match on main game maps. That is just stupid. If a bunch of people are playing legitimately, can you really complain that they are ruining your game when in their eyes you are doing the same by not contributing and playing the objective? Things do go both ways. This of, course does not apply to people with a 2P account trolling others trying to boost, there is no excuse for that.

This MP could have been one of the best on PS 3 if Insomniac put in a Kick option and fixed the damn wraith glitch.

From my perspective, the rooms are still pretty empty. 60% of the time you get into an unbalanced match with boosters who quit instantly leaving 1 v 5 which is crappy whichever side you are on. TBH I haven't started Fareye boosting yet so I haven't yet experienced the frustration. I would stick with 1 or 2 reliable partners in your timezone and only play them on DLC maps.

I have also seen people (not from here) trying to boost in a full match on main game maps. That is just stupid. If a bunch of people are playing legitimately, can you really complain that they are ruining your game when in their eyes you are doing the same by not contributing and playing the objective? Things do go both ways. This of, course does not apply to people with a 2P account trolling others trying to boost, there is no excuse for that.

This MP could have been one of the best on PS 3 if Insomniac put in a Kick option and fixed the damn wraith glitch.

Some people I know didn't have money for the DLC, so they boost in normal map matches... Doesn't really work. A little bit if you boost on other game modes that are pretty much empty.

Yeah, the main maps can be empty, but at certain times of of the day, like currently, there is a lot of people playing... Especially a few trolls (which you can sometimes tell if they don't have a P2...)

Edit: And yes, I tried one legit match. Didn't realize it at first, but the wraith glitch is what was ruining the game. Even when I fired first with a wraith, someone else was insta-killing me.. with a wraith! Lol.

Edited by HaoleDave

I did 1100 today. Lots of good sessions with some of the guys I mentioned. Sitting at 6203. I just need 4 more days like today.

That's pretty good. I got a bunch of good sessions, but then the trolls started showing up, and then after that I wasn't getting into any matches... Lol. Got in a bunch by myself, and a few 10v10 (no way I'm doing that)

Ok there are more people boosting on the DLC maps than main game maps and unranked lol.

Some complete tools who line up next your boosting partner and when you ignore them and continue to shoot your own partner's P2 they get sooky and try to wreck your boost.

Some people out there just really need to get laid.....

This game is the worst to boost... So many selfish people out there not spawning their p2s or not shooting immediately after spawning (focusing solely on when to get their kill).

So many kill stealers hogging all of the p2s, ruining the session.

So many trolls purposefully playing boosting sessions for easy slaughters.

And so many horrible boosters that move around ALL the time so spawn points are not steady. (Instead of getting 70 kills on a 2v2 Aftermath, you get only 18...)

So many people apologizing for going on a rampage because an idiot killed that person. So instead of quitting like an adult, they just go ahead and kill the other good boosters.

I've never had so much stress trying to get a trophy...

At least there are the occasional awesome boosters and I can get around 70-80 kills... Thanks to those guys.

Im probably gonna sound like a dick, but you could just stop playing it if it bugs the shit outta you. Will you even enjoy the trophy when you get it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Im probably gonna sound like a dick, but you could just stop playing it if it bugs the shit outta you. Will you even enjoy the trophy when you get it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Well, I actually planned on getting the trilogy collection and platinuming the games at my own pace, but then they had to announce the closures... I enjoy getting the platinum trophies for Sony exclusives. They look nice in my list. I'm 2/5 of the way there, so definitely not gonna give up now.

It's difficult and annoying, but I do get some people to play with that make the ride better. Sometimes, we just take a break from all the spammers and play co-op, which is fun.

Will I enjoy the trophy? I'll probably be like "FINALLY! TAKE THAT STUPID TROPHY! YOU'RE ALL MINE, NOW!!" And then my parents will be like, "Why are you yelling at the TV..." It's the satisfaction, that I'll get!

I've had worse moments with the God of War challenges and Prototype Time Trials... Lol. :p