Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

What Difficulty Should I Start First?

I've started on Normal as well, although;

It's not really that difficult, and it's good preparation for Hard Mode. ;)

I must not be very good at this game then, because I've been struggling a bit, especially with certain boss fights.

So often have I finished a stage with just a small health bar in red/critical mode left. I also seem to score a lot of B's and C's, lol.

Yeah, I will definitely need some practice for this game. At least I've already been able to score S-ranks on Easy while collecting archive files for the earlier levels. :p

(^ Which I'm doing to score more stars and upgrade my weapons faster. Hopefully that will help me a bit)

Edited by Xernova

I've started on Normal as well, although;

I must not be very good at this game then, because I've been struggling a bit, especially with certain boss fights.

So often have I finished a stage with just a small health bar in red/critical mode left. I also seem to score a lot of B's and C's, lol.

Yeah, I will definitely need some practice for this game. At least I've already been able to score S-ranks on Easy while collecting archive files for the earlier levels. :p

(^ Which I'm doing to score more stars and upgrade my weapons faster. Hopefully that will help me a bit)

I have died once or twice on boss battles, but that's about it. Usually, my First Aid Sprays remain useless and I usually get Bs or As (or the occasional S) in my playthrough.

I sort of got "stuck" on 2 bosses so far, i.e. many retries needed. So yeah, not really stuck, but it was annoying. Those 2 being;

[spoiler=3425973524583759]The giant snake boss in Rebecca's extra chapter. I didn't even have a First Aid Spray when I reached the boss and after several retries I beat it with a health bar which was pretty much at 1%. I'm pretty sure I got a C on that scenario, lol.

The other was the Gravedigger (giant worm thingie) from the RE3 chapter. Again, I had no First Aid Spray left, but even worse, very little ammo left. Also took many retries, again with little health left, and it also took a fairly long time due to the lack of ammo.

I'm definitely not good at this game.

...Yet. Practice usually helps; it's the first time I'm playing this game and I still make a lot of silly mistakes. :o

I sort of got "stuck" on 2 bosses so far, i.e. many retries needed. So yeah, not really stuck, but it was annoying. Those 2 being;

[spoiler=3425973524583759]The giant snake boss in Rebecca's extra chapter. I didn't even have a First Aid Spray when I reached the boss and after several retries I beat it with a health bar which was pretty much at 1%. I'm pretty sure I got a C on that scenario, lol.

The other was the Gravedigger (giant worm thingie) from the RE3 chapter. Again, I had no First Aid Spray left, but even worse, very little ammo left. Also took many retries, again with little health left, and it also took a fairly long time due to the lack of ammo.

I'm definitely not good at this game.

...Yet. Practice usually helps; it's the first time I'm playing this game and I still make a lot of silly mistakes. :o

[spoiler=123] For Yawn in the Rebecca/Richard chapter, I agree, with no First Aid Spray, he can be a pest. I just had about three clips of machine gun ammo left, but I pulled through. Just about. :p

And yes, the Gravedigger is as bad as the Gulp Worm in Darkside Chronicles CODE: Veronica scenario (only the Gulp Worm can regenerate its health and repeats this for a good while since the battle begins), and I only had a Handgun when fighting it. One tip I'll give to you - keep some good ammo ready for the end of the third RE3 chapter. I'm not gonna spoil anything, but let's just say, you will need it.

• 2 weeks later...
He didn't bother me but the second form of the last boss is a pain.I might not be fast enough to hit everything that comes at me.Are there any easy ways to beat him.

T-A.L.O.S has pretty predicable moves when you get used to him. A lot of them are QTE-based, the others just require good aim. With the falling blocks from the sky, shoot the tentacles first. When you shoot the block first, the tentacle hits directly after, giving you no time whatsoever to get it first.

The QTEs are pretty easy. It's either L1, R1, or a combination of both. When being attacked by lasers, the second QTE is the fastest. Watch out for it.

I recommend using the automatic pistol. It deals the most damage when T-A.L.O.S reveals his 'Achilles Heel', finishing with 1/3-1/2 of his health off even on Hard Mode, in comparison to the to the shotguns, which only deal barely 1/3 damage, because of how slow they are.

Finally, when tentacles fly out of the wall, deal with them one at a time. When they get close, shoot them in their centre. It's one-hit kill and is easier the closer they come.

That's about all the tricks I can think of off the top of my head. I recommend going into the ammo room beforehand in the honeycomb maze.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I think Easy would be the best choice, you get so much ammo and i suppose the headshot hitbox is bigger (though i never noticed a difference).

You'll need that additional ammo for the Hard playthrough, the game is not very hard unless you're playing it for the 1st time (since you don't know what's coming next). I played it on Normal 1st and was always getting ranks A, B and sometimes an S, but i got a rank C in the very 1st chapter because the requirement for enemies killed is huge due to all the leeches in that chapter.

The boss fights are pretty easy to figure out, there's always a pattern they keep repeating and you can just hit the boss to cancel his incoming attack. There's also ammo and herbs scattered around the stage so you should grab those when needed. But remember that herbs are used as soon as you grab them, so it's best to save them for later use, it's not like Darkside Chronicles where you can keep it and use whenever you want.