Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

Only fun with move?

Is this a game like time crisis. Where the CPU walks for you and you only have to shoot and hide? If so I guess it will not be any fun with a normal controller...

Its similar to time crisis where the game follows a story. There are some cases that you get to choose a path, but there isnt anything significantly different between the paths.

You cannot hide like in time crisis. You can choose between 2 guns, you have some grenades, and unlock stuff like in house of the dead( shoot random stuff). You can also upgrade your weapons, but Umbrella chronicles wasnt as fun as darkside

Yes it is, its an "on rails shooter", for fans of the style House of the Dead 3 demo released last week on PSN. I wouldn't even bother unless I was using move.

yea, move is a must.

• 4 months later...

Surprised everyone is recommending the Move. Found it useless and frustrating, especially when collecting Files, which sometimes requires good aim for faraway targets.

Bottom line, I wouldn't recommend it in hell. But if you want to get a feel that you're really holding a gun, it's your choice.

Surprised everyone is recommending the Move. Found it useless and frustrating, especially when collecting Files, which sometimes requires good aim for faraway targets.

Bottom line, I wouldn't recommend it in hell. But if you want to get a feel that you're really holding a gun, it's your choice.

Agreed.

Move is more fun-way to play this game but it's much harder to aim or collecting than the normal controller because of a simple reason, while using move it feels so shaky while when i used the normal controller i was able to pull off almost every head shot possible so easily.

Agreed.

Move is more fun-way to play this game but it's much harder to aim or collecting than the normal controller because of a simple reason, while using move it feels so shaky while when i used the normal controller i was able to pull off almost every head shot possible so easily.

Yeah, headshots are so much easier with a normal Dualshock controller. The Move is fun for just entertainment-purpose gaming, but for collecting files and such, I would definitely not recommend it. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

It is indeed way more fun using the PS Move! I used it all the time when going for the 100%, loved moving it around to reload and counter the enemy grabs, i never played UC on the Wii and i never even owned a Wii, so this type of game and experience was very fun and fresh for me. :)

For me it was extremely easy using the Move :p i was getting perfect headshots like crazy and getting the files wasn't that much of a hassle, i never failed when trying to pick up a file with the PS Move.

But the one thing that i can sort of complain about are the QTEs, i never really use the PS Move so i'm not too accustomed with the... erm... weird ass button at the very middle (:move:) and the T button, with the DS3 i know where all buttons are by heart. Sometimes i'd fail some QTEs due to that and i'd die. :pout:

Is a ds3 or nav controller required to play? Or can you just use the wand by itself??

No. You don't need a DS3 to play this game, but if you want to use the "wand" a.k.a PS Move, you need a PS Eye, the little camera thingy.

• 4 weeks later...

what the hell it seems like the aiming is better on the controller but i can't aim fast enough but on the move i can aim fast enough but can't get enough headshots. this is really annoying for the secret stage trophy. any tips and don't say the moans or the feet because everytime i look or hear for them i just can't seem to do it right.

• 3 years later...

I wanted to get a move for this game but it would had cost me like 80$... for an old PS3 games... thats a bit much. I mean you have to grab every thing seperate now that there not sold new and they cost a fortune for what there worth.

Anyway... so going with the controller... well honestly unless im missing something somewhere, i gotta say the game is very hard to play. The problem is its too sensitive..

Granted ill admit i play with a third party controller (because i hate the PS3 controller, i need joysticks to be placed like on xbox) but i didn't found any way in the game to lower down the sensitivity... wich i don't understand why. Yes i know this game is designed to be played with motion control ... but cmon.