Rate the trophy difficulty  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_75.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.65

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

I'm close to getting my last few S ranks now, so here's my verdict.

It is definitely harder than Umbrella HD. No doubting that. The Titles can be a tedious affair and Archives can be a pain at times (especially if you miss one near the end of a level :facepalm:)

The hardest difficulty, I must admit, isn't too bad if you have good, upgraded weapons. Using the pause-and-aim method helps greatly, too.

The Secret Stage - is a pain!! Like the game itself, this time it's much harder than Umbrella HD. Thankfully, it's not required for the S rank run (or this'd easily get an 8 or 9 rating) and switching to Easy Mode leaves you capable of taking more hits. Doesn't mean you can slack off, though.

Even though I've played this all on Wii before, I'm giving this a solid 7/10. Getting all the Archive tidbits is tedious; this 100% does take time and patience.

Edited by Fubzy

Now that I've got my 100%, I can confirm I'm sticking with my original thought; I'm giving this game a 6.

Yes, the Archives are time-consuming, but no, I don't think getting most of them was hard.

The secret stage is so much easier than the one in Umbrella Chronicles imo. After all, you can just do it on Very Easy. Took me only 2 tries (I lost count how many tries the one from UC took me).

And Very Hard, much to my surprise, wasn't all that much more difficult than Hard.

In conclusion, I'm still rating this higher than UC's trophy difficulty; the Archives -especially the titles- make this a much longer grind compared to UC.

So that's why I'm giving this a 6 (may seem low to some people, but I really didn't think it was overly hard, just time-consuming).

• 3 months later...

Even if i haven't got 100% on this game yet, but i could vote here a 6/10 for this game.

Not so difficult but a littile boring because u need play every chapter over and over again. With a Move controller it's much easier than using a DS3.

I recommand this game to all RE fans, which means if you are not a fan of RE, don't try to touch this game because it'll for sure cost you a lot of time.

I should get 100% tomorrow or the day after.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is WAY easier than Umbrella Chronicles, a 5 at worst, even on the hardest difficulty your only worry will be the headshots, and even that is not bad. In 30 hours of not trying hard I did all of it, except the 50 hours title. I did play using the Move only, and with my girlfriend, so we did Hard right away, and got Mad Skillz on that run, but did Very Hard on my own. Upgraded Sub-machine gun, and Shotgun made it too easy.

Finished it today and I gotta tell you it is difficult but what bothered me the most was having to play the game in a bunch of different difficulties. S-Rank on Very Hard was indeed very hard for me when I tried for the first time, whereas on Hard I got it pretty easily. But you do have to put a lot of hard work into this game in order to get all trophies, even though there are just twelve. gosh, this game should have a plat.

• 8 months later...

I am having a real hard time getting all the trophies in this one. not having a partner and using a controller in stead of a move really adds to the difficulty. for me it's a bit easier than umbrella chronicles if only because you can compound runs to get an s rank on the level. being able to do multiple runs focused on specific aspects in stead of one perfect run is more time consuming but much easier.

9/10 (I freaking suck at these games :o)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I gave Umbrella Chronicles a 5, so I'll give this a 6. In all honesty, it wasn't very hard at all - my first playthrough on Hard was the hardest part, once I had my maxed out Hand Gun and my Linear Launcher, it was all smooth sailing. S Ranked everything from Easy-Very Hard on my first attempt, with 5 full playthroughs. Special Stage only took 2 attempts on Very Easy. It's only a little more difficult than Umbrella Chronicles, and that's almost exclusively due to the shaky camera, however it is much longer (Umbrella Chronicles took me 20 hours, Darkside Chronicles took me 38 hours active with 12 idled).

I'd give this a 7. "Ninja Skills" takes several tries - and some luck - to pull off correctly. Tofu Smackdown is manageable on Very Easy. It's a nightmare on the higher difficulties though. It's easier than Umbrella Chronicles' "Zombie Smackdown" since the difficulty can be changed.

The rest of the trophies should all come naturally through your multiple playthroughs (which are needed anyway to get Archive Collector).

• 5 months later...

While i haven't 100%'d DC yet, i already know what challenges lie ahead and i gave this a solid 8/10. With UC being a 4.5/10.

This is much harder than Umbrella Chronicles, mainly because of the shaky camera and the tedious archives, even if you're a God at this game you'll still have to go through the pain of re-playing each chapter many times to get the "GAME CLEARED (EASY)" archive, and there's one for each difficulty except Very Easy and Very Hard, so that's already 3 full playthroughs plus the co-op one.

But it is doable, it just takes (A LOT OF!) time and when you have to replay the game over and over and over and over... to grab this and kill that and save this and counter that... it's like... :poke:

They really got lazy with this one, it should have been like UC, just grab the files and get S rank on the hardest difficulty, but no, they want you to do everything. You will be doing every single tiny little thing this game has to offer if you want to get that silver trophy.

Edited by Tables

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

6/10. This was my 1st on-rails shooter. The 1st playthrough was the part I enjoyed the most. I played on Easy but it wasn't easy at all, especially the bosses: dying over and over to understand how to cancel their attacks was a fair and enjoyable challenge. After that, I decided to upgrade the Handgun and the SMG and started my subsequent playthroughs: the game became a chore and very boring after a while. The hardest part for me was getting S Ranks in the 1st chapters on Hard and Very Hard, since the hitbox for headshots is tiny and zombies die in 1 hit :mad: Hardest chapters were RE2 chapters 2 and 3 and OJ 4 and 6 (the boss in these 2 chapters was a real pain even with fully upgraded weapons). As for the rest, it's mainly a matter of being patient, upgrading the most useful weapons and playing multiple boring playthroughs. More tedious than hard, I'd say.